What's this do? Born In the Echoes

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Single Artwork for Tomorrow.

So let your body rock...

I'm excited to finally get a polished and finished version of this track. Maybe the album version might be slightly different/edited like other 'big' singles have been in the past. (Depending where it sits in the new album I guess).

I'm predicting I'll listen to this too many times for one week and then put it to bed again until the new album. The bootlegs I regret giving into too much.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I yearn for the days when singles were released in physical form.

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 27, 2018, 10:17

I yearn for the days when singles were released in physical form.

When it made it worthwhile cause you would be excited over the B-sides that came with it too. And that would usually get me by until the main course being the album would come out later.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...


Yeah, it leaked has been released already in some countries. Listening to it too.
Last Edit: Sep 27, 2018, 15:23 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

How are you already listening to it?? Let me know!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!
So let your body rock...

I have it but I'm going to be incredibly and unnecessarily patient and wait until Friday when The Brothers Virgin EMI wanted me to hear it.


Unless you all go ape shit talking about how fantastic it is, then I might be persuaded to dive in early as well.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Oh, and...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning


Nit-picking time. The digital echo/reverb on "us" at the end of the track. I don't like it on this or indeed many other electronic tracks that end like that. Surely it must be possible to do a more natural sounding echo/reverb than that, especially if you have an actual studio.

*ducks head, waiting for defenders of that sound to put me straight*
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Well now I'm just straight up intrigued...

Natural sounding reverb is not difficult. Especially with modern convolution techniques. It would therefore be more of a stylistic choice to have it sounding unnatural. Maybe a callback to older techniques? Dang.

Keep telling me things about the track. We'll see how long I can hold out today.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: MIKL on Sep 27, 2018, 12:33

When it made it worthwhile cause you would be excited over the B-sides that came with it too. And that would usually get me by until the main course being the album would come out later.

Singles with B sides used to keep me going for months. Even, at times, without albums to supplement. I guess we just have to relish in the fact that we were there while they still existed.
Folks born in the echoes the last 20 years probably have no concept of that. Poor buggers.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 27, 2018, 16:01


Keep telling me things about the track. We'll see how long I can hold out today.

The cowbell/percussion that comes in following the breakbeats is perfect. Inspired even. I can never get too much cowbell.

Oh also those tiny little backwards noises that sound a bit Star Wars-y to me. Nice.

Hopefully this is a less negative comment from me than the last one.

Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

I think i've heard somewhere the bleep sound from the beginning. Maybe in some DJ-sets...
Hi Kevin!

I do feel the mix/master is a bit too tame. I wish the production was a bit more Music: Response/Come With Us than more Born In The Echoes style. The track itself is great, just wish the mix gave it a little more edge/balls. Things feel to pushed back. I miss when Chems assaulted you. It's not the track. It sounds much better live where they're mixing it live and messing with it. Just needs that little extra edge.

I like the track, but, BUT..

1. Releasing FY, when you playing it live, and when was the livestream? Nothing new.
2. I don't like the manner to release an album version of a track like single with crossfades from another tracks.
3. OVERCOMPRESSED.
4. I hoped this "Do It Again live style" clap will not be in studio version. Crap.
5. Also i thought that pitched harmonizer on vocals is just for fun in live. Crap.
6. I feel some problems in arrangement or mixing, i feel some discomfort at 3:19, strong sequencies, pure bass, and then the drop to the mid ranges of sound. Geez. Unconfortable.
7. Verb-delay on the end? T&E, are you fucking serious?

Feeling dissapointment..
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Sep 27, 2018, 19:08

2. I don't like the manner to release an album version of a track like single with crossfades from another tracks.
Can you explain further?

Quote from: Explud on Sep 27, 2018, 19:08

6. ...i feel some discomfort at 3:19, strong sequencies, pure bass, and then the drop to the mid ranges of sound.
Yeah it loses some 'oomph'. Which I guess chimes with what Neorev said.

Quote from: Explud on Sep 27, 2018, 19:08

7. Verb-delay on the end? T&E, are you fucking serious?
Oh you're agreeing with my "nit-pick" post above by the sounds of it.

Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 27, 2018, 19:31
Can you explain further?
I don't like when the "full version" of a track in single is just the same from the album, second to second. T&E often do that. It's annoying. Given the fact, the tracks in their albums often have transitions to the other tracks.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 27, 2018, 19:31
Yeah it loses some 'oomph'. Which I guess chimes with what Neorev said.
I guess it is, yeah.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 27, 2018, 19:31
Oh you're agreeing with my "nit-pick" post above by the sounds of it.
Yeah, agree with you, didn't saw it before, sorry.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Sep 27, 2018, 19:50

I don't like when the "full version" of a track in single is just the same from the album, second to second. T&E often do that. It's annoying. Given the fact, the tracks in their albums often have transitions to the other tracks.
And how do you know it's identical to the album version, unless you've heard the album?
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.