How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Happy to report the chems are still getting some airplay love with the most popular alternative national radio station in Australia on the new release show I mentioned. It was the first track played on the show! See the link below as proof on playlist when played. you can probably listen back somewhere later on when program finishes if needed to:

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/kingsmill/2018/10300602
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2018, 08:30

Hm, why would she be critizising the chems, though?

She was appropriately reprimanded. Don't you worry.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 30, 2018, 09:29

She was appropriately reprimanded. Don't you worry.
Stop teasing! This made me even more curious. Is there a link to an interview or something? People are so thin skinned sometimes. I guess it would be an honor for me if I was sampled. But maybe it's about money once again?!?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: MIKL on Sep 30, 2018, 09:17

Happy to report the chems are still getting some airplay love with the most popular alternative national radio station in Australia on the new release show
And in case any of you missed the non-embedded tweet I put on the previous page, Annie Mac played it as "Hottest Record In The World" on Friday. As soon as her show finished at 9pm, the next DJ played it as his first track. I guess this track is more 'club' and less radio friendly than say, Go. So perhaps it makes sense that it got played on the Friday dance show, rather than the more general Mon-Thu show.

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2018, 09:58

Stop teasing! This made me even more curious. Is there a link to an interview or something?

I'm prepared to suggest that there is no link, Enjoyed is winding you up. I suspect he put the bit about assuming she'd be dead, then thought it would be fun to suggest the Chems had her "put to sleep".
@Enjoyed I asked Ed the same question you have just posed, the first time he tweeted #FreeYourself from RAR studios, but alas no reply from him. I wonder if she even knows she's been sampled...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2018, 09:58

Stop teasing! This made me even more curious. Is there a link to an interview or something? People are so thin skinned sometimes. I guess it would be an honor for me if I was sampled. But maybe it's about money once again?!?

There's been a little bit of a misunderstanding here. My WIFE said that the Chems were relying heavily on the sample, not Diane. It was my wife that was reprimanded due to her lack her faith in The Brothers' vision! I don't think Diane has said anything, not that I've seen.

I expect, as Wolken said, that she has no idea about it. Though, maybe a friend of a son or daughter of someone she knows has a friend that likes electronic music and maybe the message is on its way to her? Who knows.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Oh gee, yeah, now I see it :D.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 28, 2018, 10:43

Unless they don't release it on youtube too, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer

I'm guessing everyone has heard the 'studio' version by now. May as well stick it on the thread anyway.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Is it confirmed that the vocals are Aurora? Or just Aurora "only" on The Eve Of Destruction?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 04, 2018, 08:24

Is it confirmed that the vocals are Aurora? Or just Aurora "only" on The Eve Of Destruction?
No, it's a sample

Can everyone see this video or is it blocked for some of you?

Cause it's the official chems YT channel which I'd like to replace with Wolkenkrabber's to get some more views there.. but it might be region-blocked.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Not available, it says
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I'm curious if the reason why there is no immediate corresponding music video for this single, is that they may do another visual experience like 'Further'.

The new live visuals have been pretty high quality on these last few tours. And while one might argue it's no different from the quality/production of new visuals from the 'Born in the Echoes' tour, something feels more in sync about these newer ones.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 28, 2018, 11:36

No sign of FY on Beatport or Juno yet. Is anyone selling it in WAV?
They are now. Well Juno are, but only as of today/yesterday (depending on your time zone), here's a Juno link.
This delay surprises me as FY is kind of a clubby track, so surely DJ's would want to get their hands on it ASAP. They might also be part a dwindling number of demographics (besides hardcore fans) who would actually buy the track rather than stream it.

While I'm here, another thought about selling music in a streaming age. Sell the stems for people to remix themselves. It's already been done, albeit not fully broken down into all the parts. See here. Well, just a thought.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Surprised me to hear The Chems on the radio tonight! (On KCRW) :D The hubs and I were driving with my mom to her place, and we had the radio on instead of listening through our playlists (as we usually do). Free Yourself! So glad to hear it!!

Me and Stash simultaneously and happily surprised: oh shit it's the Chems!

I have to say this song has unfolded a bit, and it has quite grown on me.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Seems like they've done a 'radio edit' for this track as its slightly different. The beginning and end are tighter and get to the point more as the middle part which is what a usual radio edit is I guess.

I think I like it better but then I guess maybe they drew it out a bit more for the release so DJs can mix it in.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Hype :music
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 25, 2018, 11:40

Free Yourself video incoming !

;)
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *