How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nekoland on Oct 25, 2018, 12:21

The prequel of SIFSD
Or the sequel to Believe ? Maybe a missing link between the two !

Well, they took it down really fast, it says 'video not available'
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

The Chems are such teases! :D Come on, I wanna see the whole video, hahaha!

I do love that this little teaser was the first thing staring at me when I opened Facecrack this morning. Truly a welcome change from... the current state of everything. Ready to be free.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

The first link was a different version   :-X
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Oct 25, 2018, 13:56

The first link was a different version   :-X

There's 2?

A little haunting when that robot comes out when the music kicks in. Good stuff! Vid reminds me of that will Smith movie, Kraftwerk robots, etc.

Prediction time: T and E in security uniforms!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Reminds me of that lady robot in the most recent season of Silicon Valley.

What was different with the first version uploaded?

Love Wide Open on the car radio at the start
Never for money, always for love.

News of Underworld's "DRIFT every Thursday from 1st November" and news of a new Chems video today. Two thumbs up!

I can only guess that releasing videos after releasing the track is a deliberate ploy to keep the track bubbling rather than to fire it into into the charts (which don't mean much these days). I can't imagine that Universal would keep forgetting to organise the video in time for the songs release.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 25, 2018, 17:16

Love Wide Open on the car radio at the start
Good spot.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Oct 25, 2018, 16:08

A little haunting when that robot comes out when the music kicks in.
Nice syncing of the first phaser noise to the lid off, and the second phaser (almost) to the sit up.

I was hoping to see them on the picket line. "Wankers". Ha!
Was looking for clues in the car reg; R008 might have got me interested if the 8 had been a 9.

"Roboforce AI Labour Solutions". Well not quite as original as the Cola advert in OOC, but perhaps we'll look back on this video in 15 years time with the same persepective as we did with OOC when the Kendall Jenner/Pepsi advert came out.

Am liking the going-off-duty security guard saying: "Wish me luck...me bike", then walking away to show egg down the back of his uniform. Dom & Nic like to put a bit of thought in.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

T&E among the protesters with "Fuck Brexit" signs

Do you think the face of the robot is someone in particular? Or am I reading into it too much too early?

Its not like its a young, flawless generic mannequin looking face.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I'm super pumped for this. But. I have to say, the constant teasing of everything is kind of getting a bit much. Especially with the MAH teases having never actually resulted in anything.
It's cool, and I'm excited, but I would have been equally, if not more, excited if they had just suddenly released a whole video. Currently, I simply find myself being reminded about 'the wait'. Waiting for September, waiting for the full FY release after the two visual clips, waiting until next year for the album that's apparently mixed already.

I dunno. It just kind of screams 'put something out to hold people over!" instead of "put something cool out!".
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

got two predictions

1 - they appear as a wallpaper on a computerscreen like in Believe (bonus prediction: it's the same wallpaper like in believe)
2 - every robot has a different face and theres a scene where you can see a lot of robots, and one of them is ed and one is tom (bonus prediction 2: somewhere in the background of that scene theres a robot with the face of the one-eyed girl from the The Test video (which, as you all know, is also directed by dom'n'nic))
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2018, 09:19

got two predictions

1 - they appear as a wallpaper on a computerscreen like in Believe (bonus prediction: it's the same wallpaper like in believe)
2 - every robot has a different face and theres a scene where you can see a lot of robots, and one of them is ed and one is tom (bonus prediction 2: somewhere in the background of that scene theres a robot with the face of the one-eyed girl from the The Test video (which, as you all know, is also directed by dom'n'nic))
Love your second suggestion. T & E as KI-robot faces with George and Mildred ruling them all.
Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 26, 2018, 06:06

I'm super pumped for this. But. I have to say, the constant teasing of everything is kind of getting a bit much. Especially with the MAH teases having never actually resulted in anything.
It's cool, and I'm excited, but I would have been equally, if not more, excited if they had just suddenly released a whole video. Currently, I simply find myself being reminded about 'the wait'. Waiting for September, waiting for the full FY release after the two visual clips, waiting until next year for the album that's apparently mixed already.

I dunno. It just kind of screams 'put something out to hold people over!" instead of "put something cool out!".
I totally feel you, my brother. I was going to write a similar comment the other day but ultimately refrained (because I was already a negative dick in the Prodigy threat). This time around this sort of marketing strategy seems a bit random and awkward. Perhaps it was meant to create some awareness for their live shows, to get a better momentum for bookings and stuff?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 27, 2018, 15:23
(because I was already a negative dick in the Prodigy threat).

Completely justified.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

So, a week has passed. So where is the video?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 01, 2018, 10:27

So, a week has passed. So where is the video?
Yes, where is it Explud? I thought you would tell us!

Tomorrow is New Release Friday. Maybe they'll apply that approach to the video...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 25, 2018, 12:59

Or the sequel to Believe ? Maybe a missing link between the two !

That's what jumped out on me first time I saw the tease.
Who directed the video?

Quote from: Joslyn on Nov 01, 2018, 13:11

That's what jumped out on me first time I saw the tease.
Who directed the video?
Dom & Nic, "Believe" is also was directed by them.
Hi Kevin!

guys I have the video, delivered by some guy named Ned Simpson.

The robot lady plugs her brain into the Matrix, but it is really the 1st iteration, where everything is a Utopia and no pain can be felt.

As she realizes the world is not fulfilling, she disengages and returns to the real world.

Except that she finds herself in the Escape Velocity music video and converses with the Come With Us talking head, who turns out to be the Architect. With all his ergo jargon, she eventually realizes that existence is only to dance. However, she never actually got that firmware update and cannot dance, leading to an eternal hell.

The cameo is that Tom and Ed are on all of the TV screens screaming "F*** YOU"
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!