Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh, they finished rendering? Cool.
Hi Kevin!

...and almost month to tease
Hi Kevin!

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1063250836049068032

It's actually Friday the 16th not 15th. I wonder if they'll end up deleting this tweet and leaving a weird gap in my post.

I wasn't expecting a remix of FY. Very acidic though not necessarily an improvement on the original.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I like what I hear so far. Obviously not exactly new ground, sounding wise, but something to look forward to for tomorrow!

Paranoid London was a good choice. Very analog.
Never for money, always for love.

HAHAHAHA I have not noticed the dildos. Really, dildos? :D hahaha am going to watch the video on my big tv. Because DILDOS!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

:D :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 16, 2018, 05:09

HAHAHAHA I have not noticed the dildos. Really, dildos? :D hahaha am going to watch the video on my big tv. Because DILDOS!
More like Mr. and Lady parts. Available in a all sizes.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

When does the intro end?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

^Ha! Anyone tried mixing the looped vocal snippet into the beginning of SIFSD? Sounds like the same groove.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah the remix is pretty average. Nothing can beat the H Foundation Remix of CWU or the Soulwax Remix of HBHG

Discogs listed the H Foundation Remix as a song of their own, and not as a remix => https://www.discogs.com/de/H-Foundation-Passage-1999-2004/release/6565807
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 16, 2018, 14:07

Yeah the remix is pretty average. Nothing can beat the H Foundation Remix of CWU or the Soulwax Remix of HBHG
Or the Futureshock remix of Music: Response.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 16, 2018, 14:07

Discogs listed the H Foundation Remix as a song of their own, and not as a remix => https://www.discogs.com/de/H-Foundation-Passage-1999-2004/release/6565807

Interesting! I didn't know they had a compilation of works. I'll have to dig around for that. I still put on their Environments album from time to time. It's got some serious funk.

Unlike this Free Yourself remix. Very dull.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Yeah, that was a bit disappointing upon first listen. The flavor was there, but it didn't go anywhere.

Quote from: Csar on Nov 16, 2018, 11:02

When does the intro end?

LOL, sums it up.

I'm not quite sure why the MP3 and FLAC versions of FY are listed as separate entries under the singles in Discogs. Shouldn't they both be under the same master release? Also no one has added the Disappointing-Paranoid-London remix yet.
Under the FLAC listing, I see the lyrics are credited to Diane Di Prima. In which case, following our previous ruminations...perhaps she does know about it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 18, 2018, 23:07

I'm not quite sure why the MP3 and FLAC versions of FY are listed as separate entries under the singles in Discogs. Shouldn't they both be under the same master release?

I've stopped trying to figure out how that site operates. Bunch of crazies.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 18, 2018, 23:07

I'm not quite sure why the MP3 and FLAC versions of FY are listed as separate entries under the singles in Discogs. Shouldn't they both be under the same master release? Also no one has added the Disappointing-Paranoid-London remix yet.
Under the FLAC listing, I see the lyrics are credited to Diane Di Prima. In which case, following our previous ruminations...perhaps she does know about it.
Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 18, 2018, 23:40

I've stopped trying to figure out how that site operates. Bunch of crazies.
I fixed it: https://www.discogs.com/The-Chemical-Brothers-Free-Yourself/master/1456260

I enjoy the Paranoid London Remix.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I get Hey Boy Hey Girl flashbacks when all the robots are dancing in the warehouse with the strobe type lighting in the last half. Possibly intentional as well as they were skeletons.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...