Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's some recent footage off instagram. They played this track at the Decibel Open Air Festival aswell:

Hopefully there is something new coming from the brothers!  8)
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2017, 17:17 by orangewedge99
So let your body rock...

free yourself. free me. DANCE!
no idea, no idea

33.45 min

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

That's nice, thanks!
Eight or over.

And on 36:11 there's "Gotta keep on making me high"

Since this is very likely a new Chems or Chems related track, I hope you guys don't mind if I move this to the Social?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 08, 2017, 16:27

Since this is very likely a new Chems or Chems related track, I hope you guys don't mind if I move this to the Social?

It's such an honor to be part of this Chemmunity. Such an honor to have created a thread which has officially been moved to the Social. *Fist up*
Amazing to be in touch with people that share the same passion for the whole chemical catalogue!  :)

'Free Yourself' & 'Gotta Keep On Making Me High' are absolute bangers!!!!!!
So let your body rock...

I get the feeling that it slightly reminds me of Snooprah. Just a thought!

Oh and maybe first single from chem 9?
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 08, 2017, 18:45

I get the feeling that it slightly reminds me of Snooprah.

Listening to Snooprah now, I hear where you're coming from. Meanwhile I was thinking it reminded me of late 90's orchestral house like Brainbug: Nightmare.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Oh man, you guys! I so needed this right now.  :music :music
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 10, 2017, 19:29

Listening to Snooprah now, I hear where you're coming from. Meanwhile I was thinking it reminded me of late 90's orchestral house like Brainbug: Nightmare.

Ha! I remember this song! I always wanted to hear this song in a slasher movie. Girl runs into forest by herself,gets picked off by the killer etc.

Free yourself reminds me of a Milan fashion show where tom and ed are on decks while models are walking the runway and marking each other with lipstick and spraying cheap perfume while sammy the salmon is running around firing a glitter gun at everybody.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 11, 2017, 22:58

Free yourself reminds me of a Milan fashion show where tom and ed are on decks while models are walking the runway and marking each other with lipstick and spraying cheap perfume while sammy the salmon is running around firing a glitter gun at everybody.

I would pay $57.75 to attend that show.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 11, 2017, 22:58

Ha! I remember this song! I always wanted to hear this song in a slasher movie. Girl runs into forest by herself,gets picked off by the killer etc.

So first listen was on shrooms, then?   Well done. 

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Oct 15, 2017, 16:05

Mmm, so the Brothers are reworking the track like they did with C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. Unfortunately they are overthinking it imo. As with C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. I like the earlier draft better. This version sounds like Free yourself mixed with Under the Influence.

Not sure what you mean..? Doesn't sound so reworked to me.
Eight or over.

It sounds like a jump cut in the middle, so these may be two different tracks. The second half is identical to what we already heard in previous clips as far as I can tell.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

why they make this so short :'(
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Csar on Oct 16, 2017, 08:58

It sounds like a jump cut in the middle, so these may be two different tracks.
Agreed. So it cuts at about 0.59. Anyone know what the first 59 seconds are? I don't think we heard it on the Nuits Sonores set did we?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

If this track doesn't get released in the next month, I'm a Dutchman.
IT'S MORNING TIME!