Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 05, 2018, 12:18

Your failure is complete, with a new track being revealed one day after the deadline, and not even being Free Yourself, it's like they're trolling you on purpose :D
With that video snippet, there's no doubt :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 04, 2018, 22:41

'The Pumisher Vs. Wolkenkrabber', coming to a theatre near you!

would pay money to see this, but only if the soundtrack features all new and fully exclusive stuff from
• Chemical Brothers & Richard Ashcroft
• Underworld
• Orbital
• The Prodigy vs. Method Man
• Faith No More & Boo-Yaa Tribe
• Air & Françoise Hardy
• Kraftwerk vs. Björk
• Massive Attack & Stephanie Dosen
• Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man
• Kraftwerk vs. Björk (Alex Gopher Remix)
• Goldfrapp
• Fun Lovin' Criminals
• Fatboy Slim
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 06, 2018, 01:02

and this too

To be fair I don't hear any difference with the original

As the DJ Set thread where this track and sample was first spotted is slowly slipping into history, I thought it might be nice to add Diane Di Prima's spoken word poetry thingy to this thread. Jump to 6.21.
Originally spotted by Enjoyed and Bosco, I believe.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

How did they even spot that, that's impressive. I feel like back in the day it's take months before someone finds a sample.

Free Yourself is the new Saturate.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

I was thinking "Nude Night" on steroids.

I didn't like the DJ version of this track back when we discovered last year. But I was really impressed with the live version. I would probably say it's my favorite of the three newly featured tracks so far.

The waiting is killing me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 10, 2018, 13:14

The waiting is killing me.

I Shazamed both Mad As Hell and this track at 00.01 last night, just in case today was the day...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Is it just me, or is this feeling like it will be an EP...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 10, 2018, 14:42

Is it just me, or is this feeling like it will be an EP...
Just you, but I love that idea. Free Yourself, Mad as Hell, Gotta Keep On, and a mellow track they haven't played live yet. Would be an unbelievably killer package.
Never for money, always for love.

All the teasing for just an E.P.? There must be an album coming forth or I'm gonna be mad as hell. What are your dreams telling you, Enjoyed?
— Aurora (The Seed)

They've been talking about a new album in interviews though, right ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 10, 2018, 18:29

They've been talking about a new album in interviews though, right ?

Yeah. I had forgotten about that.

Something about teasing the next track before we get to hear the full MAH just felt very EP-ish was all.
I guess kind of how Underworld released the Teatime Dub Encounters track pretty quickly in succession. Release, then move to the next. Release, move to the next etc.

I'm sure hoping for an album. I just got a vibe...

No dreams recently to back anything up.

There was this recent italian interview which is mentioned somewhere here on this board and an Instagram post where Tom explicitly wrote "album No 9".
I'd be very surprised if they released an EP next.

Yeah, please just ignore my previous comments.

CHEMICAL 9.

It feels so right.

(9 is my all time favourite number, incidentally)

Enjoyed you're not the only one who thought about an EP, I've bandied that idea about several times in the past few weeks.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 10, 2018, 18:33

Something about teasing the next track before we get to hear the full MAH just felt very EP-ish was all.

Yep, I'm feeling your logic. They teased a track (MAH/EBW12), then didn't release it. They now tease Free Yourself. Images have clearly been sent to the forum relating to both tracks (although the Free Yourself pics have disappeared). And official "Free Yourself" merch is now on the website.

Normally if you are releasing singles you promote one song at a time, rather than muddy the waters by teasing more than one. Unless you are teasing the entire album. But I'll be surprised if that's ready yet, as per the next paragraph:

Regarding the album, Tom did that BBC radio interview (linked somewhere on the forum) back in what, April or May? It suggested the album wasn't as far along as we hoped. So that means releasing some tracks in the mean time to coincide with the festival and indoor gigs.

My guess was: Release EBW12 in all it's full length DJ friendly glory on 12" only. Then a couple of weeks later release the "Free Yourself" EP featuring the three remaining songs (that we've heard) plus a slightly shorter edit of EBW12 (this time called Mad As Hell). Release it on all formats, sell the 12" and CD at the indoor gigs for five or six quid. Time has been 'bought'; release the album in 2019 when you're ready. Tour it through the 2019 festivals and add some more indoor gigs next autumn.

Now Whitenoise disagreeing suggests he may know a little bit more than us, but he can't quite say that. So maybe I'm talking out my ass. But if my logic is flawed, I want to know where.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 10, 2018, 20:47

Images have clearly been sent to the forum relating to both tracks (although the Free Yourself pics have disappeared).
I would assume these are just stills taken from the mp4 file that's been used on their homepage.
— Aurora (The Seed)