As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
androidgeoff, seems legit.

But honestly, it's stupid. They have promoted a teaser for video and made a such delay for release.
Hi Kevin!

So, where's the video ? Do we have to wait another month to see it ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 07, 2018, 13:00

So, where's the video ? Do we have to wait another month to see it ?

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 07, 2018, 12:29

But honestly, it's stupid. They have promoted a teaser for video and made a such delay for release.
Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 26, 2018, 06:06

I have to say, the constant teasing of everything is kind of getting a bit much.

:'(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Maybe it's still rendering..
It feels like all teasers are made before the material is completely finished.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Nov 07, 2018, 18:15
Maybe it's still rendering..
Hahahaha
Never for money, always for love.

Two weeks passed and nothing...
Meh
Hi Kevin!

it's out
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say I am a bit skeptical about the way they promote this new album  ??? :
- EBW 12 video snippet early june but no track in sight so far
- anticipated european tour with no album release at the end
- tease of the new FY video 2 weeks ago, still nothing

Sounds a bit messy to me ;D
Last Edit: Nov 10, 2018, 09:51 by Bouh

It'd be a nice surprise if the the new tracks we've heard so far end up sounding different on the album which would make a good excuse but as I type this I realised the album has already apparently been mixed.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Well, if they had any reservations of releasing a single on physical format, and it getting a relitively boost from the Holiday rush, Record Store Day Black Friday would be the day to do it. But I would suspect we would have heard about that already, if something like that was planned.

As for finally getting this single out, I don't know what the plan is. I just know with Christmas looming, this time of the year is a poor time to release music, unless you're a household name.

I remember Sneaker predicting a 2019 album release back in the early months of this year. It looks like his hunch is dead on. I wonder how he came to that conclusion being that at that time, it felt like momentum was on 2018's side.

Looking at their touring plans for this year was where i got my prediction from. A standalone UK show in October just screamed of there there was still work to be done on the album. If the album was to have been released in 2018 then chances are there would have been a UK tour in December.

If you want another prediction, the album will be called 'free yourself'

Still not long to wait now!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Right, but at that time there was a lot of open time on either side of the Ally Pally gig. That open time, could have easily translated into a UK/Europe tour. And then to finish, the traditional shoehorned Brixton gig in December.

I wonder if they originally had plans for this fall, but found out The Prodigy was planning a release at the same time and to avoid competition they delayed.

Good call on album title. I think you'll be correct there too.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 10, 2018, 23:39

Right, but at that time there was a lot of open time on either side of the Ally Pally gig. That open time, could have easily translated into a UK/Europe tour. And then to finish, the traditional shoehorned Brixton gig in December.

Ally Pally tends to be one of those venues that artists play when they're not doing a full UK tour. For example New Order played there last night. It's their only UK gig of 2018. The philosphy seems to be: we'll play one (well actually two for the Chems) big gig and people can travel to see us, rather than us touring. They wouldn't play Ally Pally in October and then Brixton in December. Not realistic.

I'm also inclined to agree with the album title prediction. It would explain the projection at the Ally Pally gig. I believe there were some professional camera guys at the venue too, although somehow I completely missed them. I wonder if live footage of the gigs might be released around the same time as the album to promote it (deluxe version of the album: new music + dvd or download of the gig?)

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 10, 2018, 23:39

I wonder if they originally had plans for this fall, but found out The Prodigy was planning a release at the same time and to avoid competition they delayed.
I'm not feeling that. I think it was about finishing the album, and arranging a release date with a big record company.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 10, 2018, 20:17

As for finally getting this single out, I don't know what the plan is.
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding this. The single is out; just not physically. I wouldn't be surprised if EBW12 is the only physical 'single' release this time round. It'd just be nice to see the FY video! And to to get EBW12/MAH.
Last Edit: Nov 11, 2018, 00:05 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

lol, yeah, I had a brain fart.

I guess that's my brain telling the truth of how I feel about the track. I can't believe I already forgot about its digital release.

Then again, everything feels disjointed in the buildup for this new album.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 11, 2018, 00:27

Then again, everything feels disjointed in the buildup for this new album.

I'm sure that one of the reasons for touring this summer was to get round Europe and enjoy it one more time whilst it still easy. Before the chaos we are going to be heading into next year.

Let's face it with track like with titles like 'free yourself, 'mad as hell' and 'eve of destruction' this is an album feed on the current political landscape, but the best music is always made when there is something to rise up against.

I'm pretty pumped for this album, I know I'm in the minority but I loved BITE. And I like what i have heard to far of this album. I think they are very much in form at the moment, loving what they do. Maybe the break when Ed was studying has reinvigorated band.

Relax, this is happening!  For me the best time for an album release is this time now, the build up. Enjoy it!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Nov 11, 2018, 07:49

I'm pretty pumped for this album, I know I'm in the minority but I loved BITE.
F the haters, yo! They can BITE us!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)