Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

Embarassing "mp3" thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Jul 18, 2017, 16:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Revival of the old thread. Share your serious guilty pleasures, stuff you'd blame on a sister/wife/family member when found on your phone/player/Spotify history (things have changed in five years!).

Here's what led to me to restart this one...

Actually, the entire album is the best pop album I've ever heard:

I can't believe I missed it.
Last Edit: Jul 18, 2017, 16:58 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quite literally my selection.

Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 18, 2017, 17:57

Quite literally my selection.

I quite like that one too, so I guess if there's two of us that makes it kind of ok ?

I used to hate Skrillex, but I have to say I quite like a lot of his tracks now

Quote from: neorev on Jul 18, 2017, 19:32

Icona Pop - I Love It
Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 18, 2017, 20:38

I quite like that one too, so I guess if there's two of us that makes it kind of ok ?
Oh hell yeah, you're in good company.

Also, as awful as his Owl City output has been recently, still love Adam Young's work:

He did a series of fake film scores last year for free under his own name. They're really good. The Voyager 1 score in particular:

Last Edit: Jul 21, 2017, 05:09 by WhiteNoise

"Put Your Money On Me" from the new Arcade Fire album has such a pop-y chorus it could almost be a companion piece to this:

Abba "Lay All Your Love On Me".

BTW I also like "I love it" mentioned above. I think it's the almost anarchic energy/attitude mixed with the melody that makes it work. Energy + Melody = goalz.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 21, 2017, 04:57

Oh hell yeah, you're in good company.

Also, as awful as his Owl City output has been recently, still love Adam Young's work:

He did a series of fake film scores last year for free under his own name. They're really good. The Voyager 1 score in particular:

Ever hear Arling & Cameron's Music For Imaginary Films?  Super fun album.

This one is my fave.

Yeah, I know.

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2017, 10:21 by Ben_j
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jul 22, 2017, 17:24

Ever hear Arling & Cameron's Music For Imaginary Films?  Super fun album.

This one is my fave.

I listened to an earlier album of theirs and it didn't leave a huge impression on me, but this track's great. Will check this out.

Since I don't find this examples really embarrassing, I will link music that my friends find embarrassing on my playlist :)   

I needed to upload this next one, since there is no mention of S.U.M.O. anywhere on the Youtube (damn shame, they deserve more recognition)

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I like disco sometimes...

Fake blood used a sample from Arabesque for this track:

Quote from: toxic on Aug 14, 2017, 14:09

Fake blood used a sample from Arabesque
The Magic Number! 128 BPM.
I thought of posting this a while ago after I watched "We Are Your Friends" on Amazon Prime (for free). Maybe we need an embarrasing movies thread?
I can in no way defend this film, but...I actually enjoyed it. And Emily R of Blurred Lines is in it (she was in Gone Girl too as Affleck's bit on the side, which I only realised recently). I'm not sure the decks are even switched on in this scene but I like it anyway. Start at 1.30, or before that for maximum Emily.
https://vimeo.com/150526175

Also, I recently realised that the main vocalist from Arabesque, Sandra is the chick who had a huge 80's euro hit with "(I'll Never Be) Maria Magdalena". Another guilty pleasure for me. This video is so 80's: jacket sleeves rolled up, narrow tie, mullet hair.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Soooooo not what I would normally listen to(fucked up, weird techno and leftfield housey stuff).   I usually can't stand country, but I stumbled across this and fell in love with it. 

And if Tom can recommend Emmylou Harris to us, I should feel ok posting this one....right?   ...right?

https://www.vevo.com/watch/caitlyn-smith/tacoma-(audio)/QZ6U91790022

What have they done to Body Language for this Schwarzkopf advert?

Oh, it's not just for the advert. And this has 165 million views! Am I the only one who never heard this before?

Meanwhile the MANDY V Booka Shade
has 1.5m views.   ???
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I hope they're at least getting paid a butt load of money for the clearly talentless 'Jax Jones' to use it "their song".
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

The first post says this is an old thread revival. So I guess it's now an old thread revival-revival.

Rathbone Place - Be Free

Chris Lorenzo - California Dreamin' (feat. High Jinx)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've been a pretty big Sirius XM user as of late and find myself tuned into a lot of country stations like:
'Outlaw Country', 'Willie's Roadhouse', and Dwight Yoakam's 'Bakersfield Beat.'

I've been on some honky tonk journeys that I've legitimately enjoyed. I don't know who I am anymore.

Apparently this track was a top 3 hit in both the US and the UK back in 2010. Completely passed me by. Not really in my wheelhouse, but this 2023 rework is...kinda nice!

Alexis Jordan - Happiness (Love Remain Edit)
IT'S MORNING TIME!