Forum > No Geography

Got To Keep On

(1/36) > >>

Ben_j:
This marvelous track deserves its own topic! Especially to the light of this new video rip :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6751jNWFU
(At 36:11)

There are a lots of changes compared to the version they played in Lyon a month ago. The bassline at the beginning is much less funky and more electronic.
The disco/funky break at the middle is gone, replaced by something more in tune with the rest of the track, but with the same vocal sample (39:20). I prefer the old version overall, but some of the bits changed in this are better (the big buildup at 40:10 for example)

Here's a bit of the track as played in Lyon (at 3:59)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3HcIOTf658

Wolkenkrabber:

--- Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 06, 2017, 21:29 ---There are a lots of changes compared to the version they played in Lyon a month ago.

--- End quote ---
Also discussed in the New DJ Dates thread, just in case you missed it. :)

Ben_j:

--- Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 06, 2017, 23:34 ---Also discussed in the New DJ Dates thread, just in case you missed it. :)

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I missed the part talking about it, just saw the latest posts about Ed smoking :(

inchemwetrust:

--- Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 06, 2017, 21:29 ---
There are a lots of changes compared to the version they played in Lyon a month ago. The bassline at the beginning is much less funky and more electronic.
The disco/funky break at the middle is gone, replaced by something more in tune with the rest of the track, but with the same vocal sample (39:20). I prefer the old version overall, but some of the bits changed in this are better (the big buildup at 40:10 for example)

--- End quote ---

i prefer the older one because of its soundstage that im hearing. Very booming! The only difference i hear from my end is the disco/funky break that you mentioned.

its a minor change from my end but I hope they dont give it the 'superflash' treatment!

Ben_j:

--- Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 08, 2017, 18:35 ---i prefer the older one because of its soundstage that im hearing. Very booming! The only difference i hear from my end is the disco/funky break that you mentioned.

its a minor change from my end but I hope they dont give it the 'superflash' treatment!

--- End quote ---
Maybe the disco break is still here, when the video cuts, and they added the other break ? That would be nice !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version