Love Is All

Got To Keep On

Started by Ben_j, Aug 06, 2017, 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

No surprises, but I absolutely love this track!
The ending sounds abrupt, maybe a hint that the tracks on NG are mixed into each other more than on BITE? (I've had that feeling with FY and MAH as well)

What do you think, will there be a music video?

Quote from: Mippio on Feb 01, 2019, 07:19

At the Ally Pally this was the 'malteser catwalk' tune 8)
Nice ;D
I think of it as "The Pringles Sisters and their Geometric Friends".

For the 1 percent that dont use spotify  :music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd44Vjgntvg&ab_channel=TheChemicalBrothers-Topic

I always get thriller vibes for some reason (probably from the pink mummies & the "like tears" segment)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

You know you have a problem when... you wake up with the new Chems in your head.  :D

Infectious tune, this new one. Insanely catchy vocal (and a bit weird with the Tears bit) but it's love for me.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Luke Vibert used the "tears" bit 3ish mins in on the Wagon Christ remix of "Turtle Soup" by DJ Food.

Finally found time to listen to this properly.

Holy. Fucking. Fuck.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there. It's so beautiful, and headphones are giving me so many wonderful sprinkles of extra magic that make this studio version a massive pay off. The funk guitar takes me back to when I first fell in love with Galaxy Bounce. There's those arpeggiated synths in the outro that sneak in to put you over the edge. The bells. Even when they come in earlier than expected, are so triumphant and ethereal.

Honestly. So. So. SO excited for this album.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Holy crap! What a fantastic track! I'm still not into Free Yourself very much, but with this and MAH turning out to be SO DAMN GOOD...

SO PUMPED FOR THIS ALBUM!

Also, the cover is pretty damn funky. Really hope it's more representative of the albums cover than the last two singles cause I wasn't a huge fan of the 'giant white letters' look. Although I know that when the album is out I'll completely forget about it in two seconds :music
The devil is in the details

Can anybody spoil me a part of it and assure me that there's this subtle lfo/vibrato style melody in outro of the track like in their live sets when I fastforward to HBHG? Gotta know!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

There's an arpeggiated melody on a square(ish) wave synth that plays for the penultimate 8 bars. I don't remember it from the live set, though it's been a hot minute since I've listened to it.

I'm dying to hear the "nothing can be" sample in it's original form. It has that ohoo-ohoo female part in it too. I actually was wondering whether the main oooaaaaooo harmonies were ALSO part of the same sample. We've got to find it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 03, 2019, 10:26

I'm dying to hear the "nothing can be" sample in it's original form. It has that ohoo-ohoo female part in it too. I actually was wondering whether the main oooaaaaooo harmonies were ALSO part of the same sample. We've got to find it.

I thought that might've been the part Stephanie Dosen contributed as 'background vocals' according to the credits revealed? I can't imagine it being anywhere else. Unless she has redone the vocals of this so called sample in question like the 'We've got Try' with Auroua as noted as a possibility from the 6music mix?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Feb 03, 2019, 12:56

I thought that might've been the part Stephanie Dosen contributed as 'background vocals' according to the credits revealed?

Sounds like her doesn't it?
Looking at the writing credits in Explud's reply #49, the writers credited are:
Peter Brown & Robert Rans (Dance With Me)
T&E
Rob McKuen (Rain/tears sample).
I imagine if they had either directly sampled, or recreated the "nothing can be" bit from somewhere/someone else, they would have given it a writers credit. Unless they're naughty?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 03, 2019, 06:23

Finally found time to listen to this properly.

Holy. Fucking. Fuck.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there. It's so beautiful, and headphones are giving me so many wonderful sprinkles of extra magic that make this studio version a massive pay off. The funk guitar takes me back to when I first fell in love with Galaxy Bounce. There's those arpeggiated synths in the outro that sneak in to put you over the edge. The bells. Even when they come in earlier than expected, are so triumphant and ethereal.

Honestly. So. So. SO excited for this album.

Yes Yes Yes!
Great response for this track. I too was surprised when the bells came in early but was anticipating for it to kick in near the end like the live version.

So, I see you have this track neck to neck with SG!Bold strategy Enjoyed! Let's see if it pays off for it!  :)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So I noticed the chems were inspired by this experimental poem project in the 60s for this period of creation for this album which I suspect they got this tears/rain sample from. Apparently only the ones from the 60s are the ones from the original one, the rest outside that are from imitator ones that started up later:

Dial-A-Poem archives

I noticed one called 'Geography' I wonder if this one will make an appearance on the album. Haven't heard all of them yet.

And more from John Giorno page (the founder):

http://www.ubu.com/sound/giorno.html

This was interesting too and I'd imagine partly the reason T&E were drawn to it as well. Great minds think alike:

From 1965 on, Giorno would explore tape and phonograph recording, along with colleagues William S. Burroughs and Brion Gysin, using a variety of tape experiments such as loops and cut techniques [2] Giorno was introduced to Bob Moog, who was working on his Moog synthesizer, on the verge of its fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorno_Poetry_Systems
Last Edit: Feb 04, 2019, 13:16 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

We're getting a Michel Gondry video!!!  :o :))

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

This Wednesday! Yippie!

Is it just kids dancing? Wait a minute! I see some fx! Virtual insanity maybe?
Last Edit: Feb 05, 2019, 17:07 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Outtake from Gaspar Noe's Climax.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: hstn on Feb 05, 2019, 16:52

We're getting a Michel Gondry video!!!  :o :))

I'm so indifferent about this. I appreciate Gondry just like the rest of you, but the 'Go' music video was such a mismatch it's hard to forget.

I've been ignoring the recent GTKO single release in an attempt to keep it fresh for the album drop, even though I've basically listened to it already (Rock in Rio broadcast). Guess I got to break that now!

Come on Michel, bring it!

the 'go' video was..

..but gondry is otherwise great, and this teaser is awesome!
Eight or over.

Gimme some Chemical Soul Train, bruva!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)