Come With Us

Got To Keep On

Started by Ben_j, Aug 06, 2017, 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 15, 2019, 15:48

^ Mmm, not bad. How did you even find this? I'm looking at the Chems YT channel and I'm struggling to see it listed.
They announced it on their social media channels.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 15, 2019, 17:05

They announced it on their social media channels.
They have now. They tweeted at exactly 5pm, but Pumisher posted this at 9.52am.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 15, 2019, 17:48

They have now. They tweeted at exactly 5pm, but Pumisher posted this at 9.52am.
Instagram was on 7 a.m. CET
no idea, no idea

Absolutely great remix. Adds enough oomph to get it into more modern house sets. Love it, gotta try it out soon.
Never for money, always for love.

Watched some youtube videos as I usually do then I saw some advertisement... and the song sounds very familiar...

Did they just used recent GTKO Remix for commercial purpouse without any permission? ;-;
damn...
Polish onion are very strong with those guys
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

There's a new remix by Midland on

Quote from: Explud on Apr 04, 2019, 21:42

Boring.
Or alternatively, "Thanks Mr Hoops for letting us know about this new remix, as it happens this one isn't to my personal taste. But welcome to the forum and feel free to contribute again!".

Incidentally I can't even listen to this yet, it's not currently playable on UK Spotify.
Having gone in there, I have however noticed: Ed Simons - last track listened to: Got To Keep On (Riton Remix), 2 Hrs ago.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 04, 2019, 22:42
Incidentally I can't even listen to this yet, it's not currently playable on UK Spotify.
Not available in Canada either. Haven't noticed any teasers on the Chems social feeds. Seems a bit under the radar and close to the LP release, no?

Edit: available on Youtube now
Last Edit: Apr 05, 2019, 02:35 by actionjackson780

Tomorrow is Friday. I expect we'll hear more about it then.
I like Midland's stuff generally, so I'm quietly optimistic.

That Riton mix will be tough to be beat though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ah, the Chems YouTube upload is working for me:

Remember when you would buy a maxi CD single which had six or seven different remixes on it? This feels like it would be somewhere in the middle of a bunch of those mixes. It's not an improvement on the original, but it's not bad. Vocals chopped down a bit, rhythmic stabby bits pushed to the fore. Professional sounding, and good for a couple of listens. Then you probably forget about it.

ps ChemBase team, this particular shade of blue in the vid (also used for the Riton remix) seems to appear when we change pages on the forum. I assume that's deliberate?

pps: oh Action Jackson has edited his post above so now I'm not first to post it...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 05, 2019, 02:45
ps ChemBase team, this particular shade of blue in the vid (also used for the Riton remix) seems to appear when we change pages on the forum. I assume that's deliberate?
yes - and if I can optimize the pageload times on the background image a little better, it shouldn't happen, it's the backup background while the image loads (or fails to load)
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 05, 2019, 02:45
Remember when you would buy a maxi CD single which had six or seven different remixes on it? This feels like it would be somewhere in the middle of a bunch of those mixes. It's not an improvement on the original, but it's not bad.

Agreed. I don't think it brings enough to the table, or gets away from the original enough to make me want to go back and give it more than a another listen or two. At least with the Paranoid London mix of FY, while not really my bag either, it gave the song a whole new feel. Frankly not excited by this Midland mix.

Fanta/Fan Thai played once again by Erol Alkan here :
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0003lrn (56:20)

Fantai, a very cheerful remix. GTKO (EM), one more minute of happiness: a repetition of the bridge, a larger intro, and some more effects.
You are all my children now!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Apr 14, 2019, 18:10

Fantai, a very cheerful remix. GTKO (EM), one more minute of happiness: a repetition of the bridge, a larger intro, and some more effects.

Great driving song if you ask me! A different taste if you will, but an exhilarating alternate to an already awesome track.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I love the live segue into HBHG so much (as heard e.g. in the
) and whished they had used that subtle tremolo/ vibrato filtered synth on the album version's outro too. I had to do it myself.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 04, 2019, 21:13

I love the live segue into HBHG so much (as heard e.g. in the
) and whished they had used that subtle tremolo/ vibrato filtered synth on the album version's outro too. I had to do it myself.
All this time, I never noticed that sound (tremolo) until you pointed it out.

Not bad Csar! Not bad at all!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Thank you!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is there a link out there with the early edit thank anyone knows of? The link in the beginning of this post is down and I don't think I've actually heard this version.