Dig Your Own Hole

Got To Keep On

Started by Ben_j, Aug 06, 2017, 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice. Is that official?
no idea, no idea

Oh man this is great. I like how the rhythm feels reinterpreted thanks to that acid line and kick. Pricey has been kind to Chems fans recently!

It does sound bootleg / unofficial.
Never for money, always for love.

Hm. Kinda lame, imo. Feels like an edit of a lower volume original with a louder, overlayed arpeggio.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's called "Block9 Acid Mix". It's almost certainly a bootleg he played out at Block9 at Glastonbury (one of the many, many, wonderful bespoke club venues in the SE corner).
It does get a little repetitive but it's a nice little take on what is already one of the best songs of the year. Impressive that something as simple as an acid line can be added successfully to it, in that sense.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Just joined as heard this at glastonbury and just tracked it down
I have been searching for this acid mix since and just found it :0) thats how i found this forum
https://www.mixcloud.com/DarrenPrice/chemical-brothers-got-to-keep-on-darren-price-block9-acid-mix/

Welcome and enjoy your time on here!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Fantai or Riton would have been a better b-side but at least it's not a bad price!
Never for money, always for love.

Quite surprised it wasn't Fantai on the b-side actually.

Still holding out hope for an Eve of Destruction b/w Eve of Dubstruction 12" but I know it won't happen.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 21, 2020, 15:25

Fantai or Riton would have been a better b-side but at least it's not a bad price!

I agree. Fantai would've made it even better, but hey I'm glad they finally put it out on record.

Chems store is now SOLD OUT! That was quick! Never got a chance to get it damn it!
More still available

EDIT: SECOND CHANCE GO HERE!

https://designmuseumshop.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/the-chemical-brothers-got-to-keep-on-single

Snagged 2 copies just in time.
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2020, 18:51 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Can still preorder from the Chemical Brothers store too.

The store says release date 7th September while the museum shop says early/mid August?

Quote from: CBtje on Jul 21, 2020, 20:02
The store says release date 7th September while the museum shop says early/mid August?
Already can't recall the original release date, but I got a follow up email from the CB store saying it's pushed back to Sept 7. Might not be updated on the Museum shop.

Mine's in!

Went through Design Museum. No etchings....
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I tried to remake the vinyl cover so folks could have a digital cover art...

Quote from: neorev on Oct 08, 2020, 02:28

I tried to remake the vinyl cover so folks could have a digital cover art...
thanks man, gotta love them pink Michelin mummies ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Here's a fan edit for the album version of GTKO consisting of the live visuals and the single video

— Aurora (The Seed)

Hope this is OK. First effort at a pretty basic long mix. Over 23 minutes of Got To Keep On!

May be some fluctuating levels and distortion on the bass in some sections. First effort in making a long mix. Very new to all this so I'm sure it's rough, but enthusiastically put together. Comments and advice welcome!

A mix of remixes including:
- Chemical Brothers - Got To Keep On (Extended Mix)
- Chemical Brothers - Got To Keep On (Darren Price block 9 Acid Mix)
- Chemical Brothers - Got To Keep On (Riton Extended Mix)
- Chemical Brothers - Fantai
- Chemical Brothers - Got To Keep On (Sophonic Disco Remix)
- Chemical Brothers - Got To Keep On (Live @ Rock in Rio, Lisbon 2018)

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/YhFVC5FgdaUWiT3q9