Love Is All

what's your favorite brothers song and what is your least favorite

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Oct 31, 2017, 07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

favorite (what the? who added this poll XD -CS117)

k+d+b
7 (70%)
k+d+b
1 (10%)
k+b+d
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Quote from: Explud on Nov 10, 2017, 10:26

Hey! Where's Star Guitar?
:-[ ??? :(
He meant to put it at No 15 but accidentally typed The Salmon Dance instead.  8)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 11, 2017, 05:52

Favourite: Galaxy Bounce*
Least: Alive Alone

*Today. Ask me again tomorrow and it could be any one of the following: Come With Us / Got Glint? / Base 6 / Freak of the Week / Out Of Control / Star Guitar / Denmark / Not Another Drugstore (Planet Nine Mix)
Galaxy Bounce, Base 6 and Denmark are not acceptable favourites. Please report to Chemical jail.

Quote from: satur8 on Nov 01, 2017, 13:43

It's one of the things I've loved about this forum, especially since the big jump. Everyone is here for the same reason and there is a lot of respect for difference in opinion.

Well I've just blown that then...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This thread is amazing. Amazingly civil (except for chemical jail, bwahahahaha that's just funny) and an amazing little cross section of our diversities. The reasons for likes/dislikes are enlightening. It is easy to talk about favorites but talking about least favorites can get emotional.  :))

For most liked, the usual suspect for me is the Reel. But I do have so many favorites: Escape Velocity, because it is forever associated with the first time I heard it. Who I was with, and the bright spot it was when it was an ofherwise not-so-bright time in my life. Burst Generator because it's everything I like in an album. Radiate because it is so tender and makes me feel warm. Song To The Siren because it takes me back. I mean, SO MANY FAVORITES, I could go on. On. On. And on.

Least favorites, this is so hard! I suppose for me Prescription Beats gets top billing on the low list. For some reason that song invokes an aura of listening confusion which I find too disorienting to be pleasurable. There's too much going on and it's hurts my brain. Another least favorite is Pioneer Skies. Not because it's not beautiful, but because I am disappointed it's too damn short. It ends too soon after climax! Could there maybe be a longer, more epic sweeping version of this song that perhaps fell behind Tom's sofa? Come on! :P
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Nov 11, 2017, 11:37

Galaxy Bounce, Base 6 and Denmark are not acceptable favourites. Please report to Chemical jail.

Jokes on you. They play Galaxy Bounce on a loop in Chemical Jail.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 11, 2017, 19:02

Jokes on you. They play Galaxy Bounce on a loop in Chemical Jail.

I actually used to not like Galaxy Bounce. But in the last year or so it has suddenly connected with me. Something tells me there's a funkier Come With Us that could have been. If only they replaced It Came From Afrika with Base 6. Come With Us into Base 6 into Galaxy Bounce would be a trilogy of funk. Hot Acid Rhythm 1 should have also been on the album in place of Denmark. I'm guessing The Duke is from the Come With Us era, which could have added to a funkier album. Wish there was a version of The State We're In that didn't mix into Denmark so I can make my own Come With Us tracklisting.

I genuinely have no idea why Denmark gets such a bad rap.

If you wanted funky Chemicals, how could you get rid of it?
"It will never be the same, noooooooaaaahhhahhhahhhahaahahh"

I have such fond memories of playing Colin McRae Rally and listening to that tune. Still gets me fired up with that drum fill at 54s and then the ghost notes that follow.
And that spooky Mexican trumpet ghost after the drop. Love it.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Skyscraper on Oct 31, 2017, 20:07

Pumisher's remix may actually be better than the original. He didn't pay me to say this.

Where could one find said remix? :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Nov 15, 2017, 07:47

Where could one find said remix? :)

i have not made this remix, i've just uploaded it. a classmate from sae institute made it.
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2017, 08:45 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I was so close to closing this thread! So darn close!  >:(  :P
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 28, 2017, 11:48

I was so close to closing this thread! So darn close!   

:))
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I was so close to closing this thread! So darn close!   
It's the sadness of the lyrics, right? They're what I love so much about Alive Alone. No other songs I know, by any artist, are so perfectly cathartic and melancholic like that song is. It's dark but honest, it's their Psalm 88.

And the beat and bassline of course.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 28, 2017, 17:49

It's the sadness of the lyrics, right? They're what I love so much about Alive Alone. No other songs I know, by any artist, are so perfectly cathartic and melancholic like that song is. It's dark but honest, it's their Psalm 88.

And the beat and bassline of course.

It's such a soothing, melancholic and concurrently somewhat uplifting song even though the lyrics might sound a bit blue. We don't know the outcome of her leaving, it could go either way, it could have different impacts on the person being left, everything is open. And yet, she still shines for (fill in person) and thus, despite what happened and what might be happening, showing the essence of love.
But besides its lyrics, I really fell for the musical concept of it first. Although fairly simple, it's darn powerful, even epic in the middle imo and has all the right instruments/ sounds in the right places to trigger my emotions. I mean, the iconic guitar sample, the massive sub-bass and the epic brass part that kicks in at min 3:00 always get me. Beth's voice just tops it off to make this a perfect chems track for me.
This is one of those tunes that, in retrospect, makes me realize why I love them so much: it's timeless.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Fave: The Sunshine Underground or Escape Velocity. Though depending on the day I might say Burst Generator.

Least: Just Bang. I'm actually kinda surprised by that. I almost never think about the songs I don't like, I just assumed it would be something from Push the Button until I really thought about it.
The devil is in the details

Favorite: Honestly, it's a likely tie between Reflexion, The Sunshine Underground, Escape Velocity and The Private Psychedelic Reel. It's difficult to make a decision, but if you held a gun to my head I'd say The Sunshine Underground. <3

Least favorite: A Taste of Honey

I love reading about what people's favorites and least favorites are.

Quote from: MadPooter on Dec 01, 2017, 02:39

Favorite: Honestly, it's a likely tie between Reflexion, The Sunshine Underground, Escape Velocity and The Private Psychedelic Reel. It's difficult to make a decision, but if you held a gun to my head I'd say The Sunshine Underground. <3

Least favorite: A Taste of Honey

I almost feel like there should be a seperate category for the chems 'epic' tracks like the favourite ones you've mentioned up there. But they mostly all do I guess. Reflexion is another one I listen to a lot.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MadPooter on Dec 01, 2017, 02:39

how can you not mention k+d+b in your favorite list? off with your head!
no idea, no idea

Pum, did you just sneak this poll in?  ;D

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I actually deleted my post because it felt uncomfortable deciding when you listen to an album and think shit that song's good too.

I was thinking to make it easier you could rank your fave collaborations, epic songs, chill out songs. banger songs (or just bang songs that could be called).

I'm sure this has been attempted before back in the day in the forum if you go through the archives?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I was so close to closing this thread! So darn close!  >:(  :P

hang in there buddy! hang in there.

Quote from: neorev on Nov 11, 2017, 20:25

I actually used to not like Galaxy Bounce. But in the last year or so it has suddenly connected with me. Something tells me there's a funkier Come With Us that could have been...

thank god I'm not the only one who enjoyed Galaxy Bounce.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."