Ohm Sweet Ohm

DUST BROTHERS 1995 remix

Started by wrclaguna, Nov 27, 2017, 19:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Please indentify this piece   :music  8.0-10.40  min

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

I dunno if its the brothers themselves, the transitions and mixing are a bit sloppy. Voodoo people for instance have them play the intro to Leave home but sometimes the track would either run into the actual song (and play over whilst in the middle of voodoo people) and sometimes it would play while out of synch.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

This is indeed them when they were still known as The Dust Brothers. Although they originally made their name as DJs, it was their track selection and energy that built their rep, not their transition skills. There are some other early recordings out there with sloppy vinyl techniques as well. I wasn't there at the time, but I sometimes suspect this was more indicative of their early live vibe than say 'Live at the Social Volume 1' (or the tight digital work of Brother's Gonna Work It Out). Still, they brought the world something new and fresh, and although I think by 1995 a crisper DJ presence was commonplace, I'm glad they rose above the ranks in this manner. It's an awesome set despite the flubs and I'm sure it was off the hook in person.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?