Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

2018 Live Dates [Tour 2018]

Started by Ben_j, Nov 28, 2017, 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Eve of Distraction, haha, that must've been autocorrect  ;D
But it's fitting, as I was walking to the tube while typing the post and was distracted by trying not to run into things or being run over and shit like that.

Btw, on Saturday there was somebody with a professional video camcorder (Sony PXW-FS5 or FS7, definitely not what the general audience brings along) in the audience.

Also, is this tour the first time they use the same visuals (Blue floating women, K+D+B birds) for two different songs (Snow/STA and Wide Open) during the same set?

"Dont' Think 2 Free Yourself" live movie? :)

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 09, 2018, 18:15
Also, is this tour the first time they use the same visuals (Blue floating women, K+D+B birds) for two different songs (Snow/STA and Wide Open) during the same set?
Yes. But Wide Open is an encore song, so no problem here.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 09, 2018, 18:15

Btw, on Saturday there was somebody with a professional video camcorder (Sony PXW-FS5 or FS7, definitely not what the general audience brings along) in the audience.

The Brothers are notorious for that, they did the church glass for setting sun and The Reel back in 2015 & 16, and did a DNA strand for The Pills wont help you now and Hoops in 2007. I could list a few more but that would be off topic.

Quote from: Explud on Oct 09, 2018, 18:24

"Dont' Think 2 Free Yourself" live movie? :)
YAS
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Wonderful review, Stefan! Glad you were able to catch Wide Open AND the reel live as opposed to Gelsenkirchen.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Got To Keep On has to be one of the longest live tracks, nearly 7 minutes! The only two longer tracks I remember at the top of my head are The Reel and Escape Velocity.

Quote from: Csar on Oct 09, 2018, 20:48

Wonderful review, Stefan! Glad you were able to catch Wide Open AND the reel live as opposed to Gelsenkirchen.
The gig in Gelsenkirchen and our Forum meeting was an amazing evening as well, I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for the world:)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Oct 09, 2018, 18:57

The Brothers are notorious for that, they did the church glass for setting sun and The Reel back in 2015 & 16,
In 2015 and 16, they played the British Silhouette Guy (I think originally from Dissolve? They have done so many silhouette  visuals) during OOC (at least at the two gigs I checked, 2015 Apple Festival and 2016 Hammersmith London
)

Was at the Dublin gig on Monday and oh man what a gig it was  :o
Was at the Friday Alexandra Palace gig too and the Dublin one was (slightly) better. It was very similar alright but just seemed a bit more polished or something. They made some changes and it seemed to flow better whatever they did. The crowd also seemed more responsive too, when a track would start the place would go bananas. Its weird coz London gig was a Friday and Dublin was a Monday so you would have expected it to the be the other way around. Have some videos, let me know if you want me to upload them.
What is the acid track they play when the robots come out? Absolutely class  :music
Also agree the robots aren't out for long enough, think of the logistics of bringing them around the world to each gig and only have them come out for one track. Such a waste but when they're out its  :o 
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

CHEMICAL BROTHERS RUSTAVI Georgia

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Thought they would have attracted a bigger crowd than that
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: gavin35 on Oct 31, 2018, 21:23

Have some videos, let me know if you want me to upload them.

Please do!
Was at the gig myself, spent most of the night by the sound desk area and had a decent view. Loved the set, really was a great mix of old & new. EBW 12 was great to hear live vs the YouTube videos. Seriously good flow to the gig. I thought that the set was better than Belfast 2016, and loved seeing them indoors at long last. Downside was how packed it was on the floor, next time I might go for balcony seats!
I left without my phone on the night, so I don't have videos here, I'm waiting for the fiancée to send them to me, will post mine when I get them.