Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

2018 Live Dates [Tour 2018]

Started by Ben_j, Nov 28, 2017, 10:36

Previous topic - Next topic
The Big tease is the removal of the Free Yourself vids off YouTube. It's very similar to what happened before the release of Escape Velocity

Calm down, my brothers and sisters. This mean that they are ready to produce something new with their live shows, but not ready to announce their work. It's great, i guess. Just remember to fall in love their live shows in 2004.

P.S. And we also looking forward to update our forum, yeah, keep an eye on it.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on May 15, 2018, 22:40

Calm down, my brothers and sisters. This mean that they are ready to produce something new with their live shows, but not ready to announce their work. It's great, i guess. Just remember to fall in love their live shows in 2004.

P.S. And we also looking forward to update our forum, yeah, keep an eye on it.

Looking forward to the update!!! Surely they'll have at least two songs (a la Come Inside and Surface To Air) for the new tour. I'm betting on Free Yourself and Making Me High Eve Of Destruction, rather, the full video preview was removed by YouTube via copyright claim
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Thought this was interesting from the RS France Twitter, the chems re posted it on their facebook...

Three years after "born in the echoes", the duo The Chemical Brothers engages the festivities for a world tour... the Dour Festival has offered their new show, to live on July 12th!
To book your tickets here: https://bit.ly/2k3LM1z

Surely north american dates would be included in a world tour....Canada specifically!

Some people here will be excited about this new date in Dublin :)
https://www.facebook.com/events/217423842377510/

Received the presale link email (if anyone is interested I can send on...)... fortunately I spend a good bit of time in dublin for work, and as luck would have it I've arranged (or will be doing so!) some meetings to coincide... so in absence of any Glasgow gigs announced, I've gone for a dub ticket.  And if they do announce Glasgow, then that'll be two Chems gigs this year.

Standing tickets are sold out for Paris gig.
Was afraid about that big venue not being full packed.

Hurry up for last balcony tickets / or monitor eBay for resaling.

Quote from: climbatize92 on May 27, 2018, 23:00

Standing tickets are sold out for Paris gig.
Was afraid about that big venue not being full packed.

Hurry up for last balcony tickets / or monitor eBay for resaling.
The configuration of the venue will only take about half the space, so I'm guessing it will be just a little bit bigger than the Zenith, where they usually play

The brothers return to Mexico in November.

Looks like it could be part of a festival thing?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

With that confirmation, I have to believe there is U.S. dates to be announced. Hard for me to believe they would just come for a Mexican festival.

Quote from: Bosco on May 29, 2018, 02:23

With that confirmation, I have to believe there is U.S. dates to be announced. Hard for me to believe they would just come for a Mexican festival.

I hope they will perform at Houston's Day For Night festival the following month, the same festival that brought Aphex Twin's first US show since Coachella 2008.

Quote from: Electrotek on May 29, 2018, 16:40

I hope they will perform at Houston's Day For Night festival the following month, the same festival that brought Aphex Twin's first US show since Coachella 2008.

But also something on the BWest coast please fellas.  ;)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on May 29, 2018, 02:23

Hard for me to believe they would just come for a Mexican festival.

Some parallel universe we're living in aren't we!
Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 18:15 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Electrotek on May 29, 2018, 16:40

Yeah, I've been touting that. The Corona Capital date makes it seem more likely, but Day for Night is still another month out. I still think it's likely.

I remember reading a rumor of someone saying Goldenvoice attempting to create an exclusively electronic music festival. I don't know how that plays after their cancelation of FYF this summer, but perhaps there is more to the rumor?
Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 22:30 by Bosco

This is an awesome,The Chems in Mexico!!
Ahuevo!! Im so happy about this. My first GIG in my life,I was 13 in that '13, with the brand new Golden Path, The Chems in Mexico. That kind of stuff can really change your life.
Greets from Mexico to the Universe!!

Just two weeks to go to the Rockhal gig !  ;D

Quote from: Ben_j on May 30, 2018, 08:49

Just two weeks to go to the Rockhal gig !  ;D
You lucky
Hi Kevin!

Prediction time for the new tracks!
Last tour, they premiered 5 new tracks (Sometimes I Feel so Deserted, Go, EML Ritual, I'll See You There and Reflexion)

Given the rehearsal pics we saw, we can safely say that there will be "Got to Keep on" and "Eve of Destruction" for sure. Then there's this "MAH", it could be the abreviation of the real name of EBW12, or the Galileo club track or something else entirely. And "Mad as Hell" / EBW12.
I'm pretty sure they will play EBW12 too, because I don't see them doing these visuals with the masks and not using them live.
Then there's "Free Yourself" that has been teased in a hashtag, and I don't see them not playing it live, as it's a banger.

All in all, I predict 5 new tracks live:
- Free Yourself
- EBW12/ Mad As Hell
- Got to keep on
- Eve of Destruction
- Some other track that we never heard before

And maybe a 6th one (please, the Galileo club track !)

Edited with the "Mad as hell" being MAH and EBW12 reveal
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018, 12:41 by Ben_j

Make it 6! The played Wide Open later in the tour too!

Quote from: Diewokkie on May 30, 2018, 04:26

Ahuevo!! Im so happy about this. My first GIG in my life,I was 13 in that '13, with the brand new Golden Path, The Chems in Mexico. That kind of stuff can really change your life.
Oh yeah, they definately changed my life, too, in 2005! So happy they'll be coming to your place, it's been a long long time!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Diewokkie on May 30, 2018, 04:26

I might be there too. My girlfriend and I are planning a vacation mid November which could well be Mexico.