Previous topic - Next topic
Best dance/electronic album
"Migration," Bonobo
"3-D The Catalogue," Kraftwerk
"Mura Masa," Mura Masa
"A Moment Apart," Odesza
"What Now," Sylvan Esso
no idea, no idea

I'd say Kraftwerk would win it on account of them never winning this award before, but Bonobo deserves it.
Never for money, always for love.

My pick would be Sylvan Esso. That album is great.
I couldn't tell you about a single moment on Migration after listening to it twice through.

Is it a new Kraftwerk album? Or another best of?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 29, 2017, 19:33
Is it a new Kraftwerk album? Or another best of?
A compilation of best, yes.
Hi Kevin!

Hmmmm. I'm not sure I agree with a compilation being nominated. I mean, sure, Singles 93-03 is all gold but it was a collection of previously released (for the most part) material.

I've just seen that it's a live album, which is a little different, but it's also 8 discs!!! I mean, sure, if the prize is for the most content. And chances are with 69 tracks, you're likely to have 'an albums worth' of good stuff on it. But I still don't see it being a fair contender.

I'm not nocking Kraftwerk. Tour De France is a big favourite of mine. But THAT should have been nominated back in 2003.

In my humble opinion.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

^ IMO, them receiving this award would be the equivalent of them receiving a lifetime achievement Grammy. Which would be appropriate, but they literally won one 3 years ago, which is why I kinda don't see it happening.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 29, 2017, 19:28

I'd say Kraftwerk would win it on account of them never winning this award before...
Correct. Winner.

And Tonite by LCD Soundsystem won Best Dance recording.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 29, 2017, 19:28

I'd say Kraftwerk would win it on account of them never winning this award before...
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."