Listen to Your Heart

Think alive (Daft Punk Collab Fan Idea)

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Dec 14, 2017, 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic
THINK ALIVE 2017

So I've seen its been talked about before why daft punk wont play with the brothers but I always wondered what they would play together. I'm putting together a Set and may attempt to mix some songs together.

I've done this idea on the Daft Club forum last year but that was when i wasn't so introduce to the brothers as much (plus my brain's mediocre style in mixing). here is THINK ALIVE 2017:

1. Tomorrow never knows
2. Daft punk, Robot rock vs. The bros. Direct Buki/Exactly (my name for EBW9)
3. Daft Punk, Oh Yeah (transition)
4. The Bros., Swoon
5. The Bros., Temptation (with new order vocals)/Star guitar vs. Daft punk Georgio by moroder (interview vocals play right before beat drops)
6. The Bros., EML Ritual
7. The Bros., Sometimes I feel so deserted vs. Daft punk Rollin n' Scratchin (alive 2007 part)
8. The Bros., It doesn't matter ('96/'97 live)
9. Daft Punk, Alive ('07 version) vs the bros. Deserted vocals (reprise)
10. The Bros., Chemical beats transition
11. The Bros., Do it again/Get Yourself High/Hold Tight London (synths)
12. Daft Punk, Television Rules the nation/Loose Yourself to dance vs The Bros. Get yourself high (vocals)
13. The Bros., Tuba/Acid Children vs. Stardust, Music sounds better with you vs Daft punk face to face beats (AKA Believe beats)
14. Daft Punk, Around the world/Harder Better faster stronger
(idea Block)
15. The Bros., Out of control/Setting sun vs Daft Punk, The Cresendolls, Too Long
16. The Bros., Hey Boy Hey Girl vs. Daft Punk, Burnin'
17. The Bros., Saturate vs. Daft Punk, Voyager
18. The Bros., Believe/Acid Children quote vs. Daft Punk, Together

19. The Bros., Escape Velocity vs. Daft Punk Georgio by Moroder (Interview reprise)
20. The Bros., Under the influence/The Test (vocals) vs. Daft Punk, Beta Wax/Rock & Roll/Prime Time of your Life (vocals)
21. The Bros., Galvanize
22. Daft Punk., Steam Machine/Da Funk/Daftendirekt vs. The Bros.
C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L/Song to the Siren/Voodoo People
23. Block Rockin Beats

[break]

ENCORE:
24. Daft punk, Ouverture (Dial up intro)
25. The Bros. Snow/Surface to Air
26. The Bros. Hoops (EBW Mix) vs. Daft Punk, Castor (synth)
27. Daft Punk, Touch (love is the answer vocals) downtone*

26&27 might be replaced with We Are the Night and/or Human After All/Superheros

28. the Bros.Dissolve (Caroline vocals) The Private Psychedelic Reel vs. Daft punk, Contact, One more time, aerodynamic

https://soundcloud.com/user-687453084/contacttppr-dissolveaerodynamicone-more-time
NOTE: This is a draft, constructed of various samples including lives, I did not intend it to sound clean.

other parts i dunno where to include:

- The Bros., Don't Think (Buildup)/Problem:Question vs. Daft Punk, Technologic vocals

if you dont like a piece I've came up with, feel free can add to the idea if you want
Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018, 06:29 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

that was quick, no way good or no way bad?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

In my opinion it's bad idea. Chems and Daft Punk in a different musical distances, material from Tom'n'Ed can't fit with material from Tom'n'Guy.
Hi Kevin!

I can't figure out how most of these mashups are supposed to work together. I mean, The Reel, One More Time, Aerodynamic, and Contact in one track?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 14, 2017, 13:10

I can't figure out how most of these mashups are supposed to work together. I mean, The Reel, One More Time, Aerodynamic, and Contact in one track?
How about this one?)

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 14, 2017, 09:10
13. The Bros., Tuba/Acid Children vs. Stardust, Music sounds better with you vs Daft punk face to face beats (AKA Beleive beats)
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 14, 2017, 09:10
13. The Bros., Tuba/Acid Children vs. Stardust, Music sounds better with you vs Daft punk face to face beats (AKA Beleive beats)
I'm... so inspired I'm actually going to try making this. My finals are done at 3pm, I'm getting tastefully drunk at 6pm, and now, I know what I'm doing when I get home after that.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 14, 2017, 13:10

Im already working on a draft. I may post it on soundcloud.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 14, 2017, 14:30

sorry I dont speak... uh, german

Organized the main post a bit to reduce strain when reading
plus a bonus

Real talk - that outro is great and I'm really impressed by how well the Dissolve interlude and Contact went together. Chords get a little wonky when Reel comes in, those songs aren't quite in the same key there.

Aerodynamic and One More Time had no business being a part of that mashup though.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 17, 2017, 12:56

Real talk - that outro is great and I'm really impressed by how well the Dissolve interlude and Contact went together. Chords get a little wonky when Reel comes in, those songs aren't quite in the same key there.

Agreed. Did you just hear in your head that those two tracks would work together? Because that's a gift you should definitely put some stock in to.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 17, 2017, 20:57

Agreed. Did you just hear in your head that those two tracks would work together? Because that's a gift you should definitely put some stock in to.

Thanks, I guess.

the song is a rough draft of the final product (which I may not post considering I still need the remaining time to post my DJ set). It was an Idea I thought up for music makers alike, so anyone can do their own adaptation.