K+D+B Is Godlike

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 07, 2015, 05:12

Google translate says 'direct weapon'. Maybe its referring to EBW 11! Thoughts?

But wasn't SIFSD the EBW 11? Either way, like hstn said, I also read somewhere that japan will get another bonus track. But, yeah, what the hell is that? My curiosity is now at level 1000
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2015, 19:52 by Nekcore

Quote from: Nekcore on Jul 07, 2015, 16:05

the japan will get another bonus track. But, yeah, what the hell is that?

Hot Acid Rhythm #2
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 03, 2015, 13:16

I guess there aren't that many Chembase forum members based in the UK and Ireland. Otherwise there would surely be more disappointed comments.
I may have to make up for this by complaining bitterly until more than one other person here agrees with me...
It's not fair!!  :( :'(

It's strange, I ordered the 3LP and the deluxe cd from the online Chemsstore (universalmusic.co.uk). But living in the Netherlands which release date will apply to me?
I have asked this question to universal music but they also haven't got an answer (yet).
If the Chemstore ships after the UK release date I will recieve it 10 days after the release in my country.

Quote from: Joslyn on Jul 07, 2015, 18:06

It's strange, I ordered the 3LP and the deluxe cd from the online Chemsstore (universalmusic.co.uk). But living in the Netherlands which release date will apply to me?

It sounds like the UK store simply wont have the albums ready for the 17th so I'd bet heavily on yours being shipped on the 24th like the rest of us UK suckers. Sorry :(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Last Edit: Jul 08, 2015, 21:59 by Csar
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

recieved this message from universalmusic today:

It's been confirmed that all orders that are not for UK/Ireland customers will be sent on global release date of 17th July!

You will have your order shipped in time for this...

Good for the outsides residens, bummer for you UK/Ire fans.

:o

So there is literally no reason for the delay...

This sucks. I wont be back in the UK until August 10th so it's either listen to a rip, try and get the download whilst I'm abroad and shut myself away for a couple of hours to listen in headphones on my phone or wait 17 days after release to listen properly.

I wonder if I were to contact them and tell them my situation whether they may make an exception... This is the first album since CWU that I wont be home for  :'(

KEXP radio played: I'll See You There, Radiate and Wide Open during last day. http://kexp.org/

After hearing all previews, as well as Radiate and Wide Open on KEXP, I have mixed feelings :/
I would say I love half of the album and the rest leaves me just... meh.
Overall, it seems that they focused on much more simple tracks, as opposed to the more complex tracks with lots of layers they used to do. A lot of the tracks have a very basic structure with just one or two synths, and a simple rhythm. Sometimes it works well, but on other tracks it sounds empty

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 11, 2015, 13:41

After hearing all previews, as well as Radiate and Wide Open on KEXP, I have mixed feelings :/

I'm not even gonna go near those previews,  I mean I can wait 6 days can I?  Even though 30 sec is not justifiable to give me prepared great expectations or disppointments for this album, I would prefer a proper listen on the release date.

I think your mixed feelings will change for the best next Friday Ben. 
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

You're driving me mad!!!  ^-^ Argh, it's still 6 days. Can't just everybody unanimously say it's the best thing ever or something among those lines? How am I supposed to sleep otherwise? When I read  some song descriptions I get hyped because of the references made and then somebody comes along and says it's meh.... I'm dying here  :'(  >:(  :o  ???  >:D  :)) (running out of madicons)

Has anyone heard more than those 30 sec. snippets?
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2015, 19:40 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 11, 2015, 18:45

You're driving me mad!!!  ^-^ Argh, it's still 6 days.

I want to get it asap. I assume Amazon would send it out a day before or on release date. Turns out that they're sold out completely. I even called them and they said all they have is UK Deluxe editions by the 31st. I missed out on the preorder.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 11, 2015, 19:17

I want to get it asap. I assume Amazon would send it out a day before or on release date. Turns out that they're sold out completely. I even called them and they said all they have is UK Deluxe editions by the 31st. I missed out on the preorder.

Sold out?! Hm, they either had only a small stock or the brothers sold pretty good up-front.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

17th july the 3LP and deluxe cd will be shipped from the UK Chemstore to me in theNetherlands

I've heard:
Sometimes I feel so deserted - the BBC excluxive premiere and EBW11
Go - the BBC exclusive premiere and the Michel Gondry video over and over, and on belgian radio Stubru
Under the neonlights - through Pitchfork and the Chems website, couldn't help myself
EML Ritual - live at Werchter where it got stuck in my head so I listened to the Chems youtube page

So I heard track 1 to 4. Further previews or releases I will not listen to or I will ruin the rest of listening to the album for the first time. I want some surprises to be intact. I reckon 10 days before the album falls on my doormat.

I heard 6 tracks fully and previews of all tracks. So i spoiled it too much.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Jul 11, 2015, 18:45

Has anyone heard more than those 30 sec. snippets?

iTunes has 1mn30 previews for each track (including bonus tracks), I heard those

I have heard only SIFSD, Go and Under Neon Lights so far, not including live tracks, and I'm freakin' pumped for the whole album.

It's been a real challenge not to listen to EML Ritual after everyone's comments but I know it'll be worth it.

I'm going to write the chemstore an email tomorrow pleading for an early release to me before I go away for 18 days. Otherwise on August 10th I will come back on here to spout my love for BITE and I'll have to try and enjoy Scandanavia knowing that there is a triple vinyl and a special edition CD of new Chemical Brothers  music waiting at home.

Life is tough.