'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm flying to Paris tomorrow for the show. Very excited. Packing right now while I'm writing this.

Already reached out to Benji and got a lot of really priceless Paris advices. Probably saved a lot of $ too.

I'll be at 4:30 pm in Paris so I'll have like 3,5 hours to get to the hotel and venue. Really hope my flight won't get delayed.

My 4th gig, 2nd non-festival, 1st indoor. The previous one was in Barcelona 2016. It's about damn time 8)  :music
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2019, 21:12 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Have a blast, Kosek, and safe travels!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Last Edit: Nov 14, 2019, 23:14 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Nov 14, 2019, 22:22

They brought back under the influence!!!
awesome. but i hope they didn't ditch dyoh, one of the finest surprises & delights
Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Nov 14, 2019, 23:17

awesome. but i hope they didn't ditch dyoh, one of the finest surprises & delights

I managed to look through some Instagram stories and can confirm dig your own hole survived the cuts! I also spotted a weird MAH outro so who knows what they did tonight!

It appears one of the new recorded visuals were for Catch Me I'm Falling too, but no word on what the wormhole visuals are.

Really happy UTI is back in full swing, Hoops always feels like a transitional thing, not a set piece. And it suits the george and mildred better.

Aww gutted I'm not seeing them now end of the month

Spoiler
The wormhole is the new visual for Got Glint and the idea of extending the screen with the lights looks fucking amazing! Can't wait to see it live!
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2019, 15:26 by Stefan

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 15, 2019, 15:21

Spoiler
The wormhole is the new visual for Got Glint and the idea of extending the screen with the lights looks fucking amazing! Can't wait to see it live!
Spoiler
that wormhole is a really really cool effect
Eight or over.

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 15, 2019, 15:21

Spoiler

Bööööh!!!!! Damn i wasn't there.
no idea, no idea

Spoiler
THEY PLAYED BANGO WITH EML RITUAL WHAT?!?!

Alright, who's got some tickets to Birmingham going... fuck sake guess I'm seeing this again

Spoiler

Quote from: hstn on Nov 15, 2019, 22:54

Spoiler

Spoiler
aww no more hoops, i take it..but this sequence is fucking hot as hell..
Eight or over.

Spoiler
It never ceases to amaze me how nuanced Adam's and Marcus'visuals are matched with the music. You can always spot certain elements being reflected in, like literally, lights' flickering, animations on screen etc. So much fun to watch and go "ah".
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2019, 23:43 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: hstn on Nov 15, 2019, 19:43

Spoiler
THEY PLAYED BANGO WITH EML RITUAL WHAT?!?!

Spoiler
already noted lawnmower visual, but is feathery bird character visual supposed to be a nod to Native American Thunderbird mythology?

cool nod, even if it's by coincidence.

I'm just back from the Paris gig, and it was a blast ! One of my favourite Chems show. The best thing was I HAD SOME ROOM TO MOVE. The complete opposite of All Points East where I was crushed during the whole show.
The spoiler posts above give out the new stuff, but here are my impressions:
Spoiler
The MAH => EML transition with Bango is awesome ! Thankfully I had not seen it so it was a surprise for me. Fun new visuals too, and the "Bango Bango Bango" vocal on the intro of EML is a great match.

I'm glad UTI is back instead of EBW6. The synth on EBW was not great and UTI just works better.

The new visuals for Got Glint are awesome, they remind me of the old EBW7 visuals with the vortex. I wish they'd add colors to the lines and lights at some point, it would make this even more perfect and psychedelic. And the mix with Catch me I'm falling at the end, wow! Cool new visuals for Catch me as well.

I really wish they'd ditch Wide Open and never bring it back ever, it feels like such a wasted spot, where they could play The Universe Sent Me or maybe something from Surrender, to celebrate the 20th anniversary... Oh well

Finally, they added a synth and beat at the beginning of TPPR but I'm not sure it works... There's nothing like the vanilla version!

I have some videos coming, but sorry in advance for the sound quality. I tried out my new phone (Pixel 4) instead of the Lumia and the verdict is the Pixel 4 microphones are shit.