Your Love Is Lifting Me

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Win a Moog Sub 37 (whatever that is)

Someones going to post a video like this now I imagine...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 02, 2016, 14:56

I really like W10 and don't want to get back to any previous Windows version.

I do too,  but why is browser speed  so damn slow on Spartan, chrome, firefire, etc, after the install?

And yes I updated all my hardware drivers, software updates, check wifi connections, etc etc!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Windows 10 is cool, is better than 7 in a ton of ways and I would mostly be okay with it if it _stayed compatible_ with the software and hardware I have. My audio interface doesn't work with it, frequently Explorer crashes and I cannot access the start menu/search even after restarting Explorer... there's just a list of things I'm sick of fighting that I know I don't have to fight in 7.

Or maybe they won't be a problem on a fresh system, I don't know.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 05, 2016, 04:01

I cannot access the start menu/search even after restarting Explorer...
Maybe i can help with this, because i'd have the same problem on 2 PCs and it drives me nuts. What helped for me was disabling the Windows Fast Start (which somehow saves your last pc status and loads it with the next boot/reboot - problems included...).
Just try this => http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-10-a.html (option one was what i did)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 05, 2016, 04:01

My audio interface doesn't work with it
I have a scanner which i can't use anymore because the manufactor thinks he has nothing to do with releasing proper drivers.
Last Edit: Feb 05, 2016, 13:42 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I'm sure you already tried this, but most of the time, Windows 7 drivers work on Windows 10 and 8/8.1 drivers don't. It's counter intuitive but it's the case for lots of devices.

Happy Pancake Day, everyone.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 09, 2016, 07:36

Happy Pancake Day, everyone.

Haha! Sigh. Brings back memories of my 'all American' breakfast I had in 2010.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Where's the bacon?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

In the middle of the wait for Chems shows, a wild Amon Tobin set was announced for We Love Green, a festival in Paris next summer. Needless to say I took my ticket right away (LCD Soundsystem and Air are also playing that festival)

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 09, 2016, 11:05

Where's the bacon?
Ok, it was an unexperienced, half-assed "all" American breakfast.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Where's the eggs, toast, and milk?

Btw they picked Jack U over the Chems? Bullcrap!

Don't you know that Skrillex + Diplo > Tom + Ed?

I mean, how many genres have T+E even explored? 2?

Skrillex has 3 or more under his belt while Diplo has jumped genres every year. Eclectic, varying, true artists, such as Jack U, deserve to be put ahead of antiquated geezers such as Tom Rolando and Eddard Simmons.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know? I can't find anything (not that I don't believe you). But Jack Ü? WTF?`I've watched a couple of live shows and just finished listening to amazon snippets of their album. Wow. Just wow. The 30 sec clips already bored the crap outta me . How can one listen to this meaningless, uncreative and formulaic nonsense? Most of the concepts and structures sound alike. Music for the incurious generation, made to make million$ and highschool kiddies happy.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 09, 2016, 18:26

I mean, how many genres have T+E even explored? 2?

Who cares?

The chems made their music first,  THEN they got categorized in a genre..by people like us, media, industry, etc.

Chems never followed a genre and they don't need to. They're always categorized into the genres (which I don't care about at all)

Just because you covered multi-genres of music doesn't make you better! Maybe more diverse I think!

Plus , the chems have better audio /video act.

And yes I heard jack U! Not my cup of tea.
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 20:07 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 09, 2016, 19:51

Who cares?

The chems made their music first,  THEN they got categorized in a genre..by people like us, media, industry, etc.

Chems never followed a genre and they don't need to. They're always categorized into the genres (which I don't care about at all)

Just because you covered multi-genres of music doesn't make you better! Maybe more diverse I think!

Plus , the chems have better audio /video act.

And yes I heard jack U! Not my cup of tea.
Tune your antennas to sarcasm ;)
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2016, 20:50 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

The Jack Ü is mostly shit, but Skrillex and Diplo have released some pretty good stuff together

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 09, 2016, 21:44

The Jack Ü is mostly shit, but Skrillex and Diplo have released some pretty good stuff together

Err, you're joking, right?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 10, 2016, 06:37

Err, you're joking, right?

No, but I can understand how most of you won't like it :p

Skrillex had some good stuff, mainly with The Doors and Marley... oh, yeah, and that Reptile Theme was nice!
But, similar to Eric Prydz case, people often can't look beyond songs that are most popular and often pure crap, to find more interesting ones
I wonder if people realize  that song with Skrillex is actually new song by The Doors (minus JM, ofc), 40 years after last one
I don't even know who that Jack U guy/band/girl/whatever is/was  ;D
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2016, 11:20 by sandelic
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!