Listen to Your Heart

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Just got myself a ticket for the Birmingham show :)

Any info on why venues still use printed tickets? Print-at-Home is so much less of a bother.

Do they have the CB logo on there? I still cherish the one from Prague with it's glorious big font.

By the way, the All Points East show is probably scheduled for 9:15 PM as per this site.
https://www.timeout.com/london/news/going-to-all-points-east-heres-an-exclusive-look-at-the-stage-times-052019

Nothing yet confirmed though, They're pretty late in that regard, the festival starts tomorrow.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 23, 2019, 09:58

Do they have the CB logo on there? I still cherish the one from Prague with it's glorious big font.
Don't know, I just ordered the ticket yesterday, it will take some time before they will be sent out (I think the Ally Pally tickets for last year were sent out in late summer/early autumn).

All Points East was good. Just good. It was the worst crowd experience I've had at a Chems show, completely packed, stuck in a corner of barriers. More than half the time I was crushed against people and couldn't even move my arms... Even worse were the people asking me why I was backing up on them or pushing them. Dude, did you look around?

I think because of that I didn't enjoy the show as much as I should have. The new setlist has some awesome moments (Hoops/Dig Your Own Hole, EoD come to mind first), and I love the new transitions, it feels like it flows better than the other years.
The Gravity Drop segue was particularly good. No The Universe Sent Me is a big big disappointment... How could they leave out such a track, and keep Wide Open? All in all, it was not my best experience, and I think the setlist could have been better.

Quote from: Ben_j on May 25, 2019, 08:16
All in all, it was not my best experience,

Had a similar , ' not great experience ' when i went to see The Chemical Brothers headline Creamfields 2011 , it was the weather . . it rained relentlessly hard all day & into the evening , the Creamfields site was a muddy bog , did enjoy most the set , but bad weather does kill the atmosphere of an outdoor event somewhat. In contrast seeing the Chems at BlueDot Festival last year was fantastic , beautiful sunny weather , amazing crowd & atmosphere , epic Lovell stage sound-system with the Lovell Telescope in the background , quite special. The Birmingham Arena date should be a good one if you can make it , i've seen them there before , it's indoor , plenty loud , good stage , and you wont get squashed , it gets busy in the standing area at the front , but to get a bit more space just move back a bit , you see the visuals better there anyway . . . sort of middle of the standing area , that's where i normally locate myself.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Ben_j on May 25, 2019, 08:16
All Points East was good. Just good. It was the worst crowd experience I've had at a Chems show, completely packed, stuck in a corner of barriers. More than half the time I was crushed against people and couldn't even move my arms... Even worse were the people asking me why I was backing up on them or pushing them. Dude, did you look around?
Exact same experience for me. The show was great but the over-packed mostly wasted seeming crowd took away from the overall vibe for sure.

I've only seen the Chems one other time, at the O2 fest in London in 2011 and the crowd was 1000x better at the one.
Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 18:18 by actionjackson780

Quote from: Fine Time on May 25, 2019, 11:52

Had a similar , ' not great experience ' when i went to see The Chemical Brothers headline Creamfields 2011 , it was the weather . . it rained relentlessly hard all day & into the evening , the Creamfields site was a muddy bog , did enjoy most the set , but bad weather does kill the atmosphere of an outdoor event somewhat. In contrast seeing the Chems at BlueDot Festival last year was fantastic , beautiful sunny weather , amazing crowd & atmosphere , epic Lovell stage sound-system with the Lovell Telescope in the background , quite special. The Birmingham Arena date should be a good one if you can make it , i've seen them there before , it's indoor , plenty loud , good stage , and you wont get squashed , it gets busy in the standing area at the front , but to get a bit more space just move back a bit , you see the visuals better there anyway . . . sort of middle of the standing area , that's where i normally locate myself.
Oh yeah, I didn't even mention it because it slipped my mind, but it was pouring rain until about 3mn before the set started! Luckily I had a hoodie, but all my clothes and shoes were soaked .

And I also forgot to talk about it, because the not so good overshadowed the good in my mind, but I met with Foxboy and Brian "28 Chemical Brothers shows" Sweeney! Hanging out with these lads is always a pleasure 😃

Sorry to hear All Points was as bit so-so, Benj, ActionJackson. Annoying crowds, and bad weather to boot, certainly take away from the anticipated fun. That's why I'm not a particular fan of festivals (though they can be awesome, too, no doubt). But a solo live show for any band is always superior since people intentionally come for that one band and bring the right spirit. I am glad that meeting Foxboy and Brian could elevate the fun-factor somewhat.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is it possible that Tom & Ed (and anyone else who might have been involved in setlist choices) didn't think TUSM would be so well received and thus omitted it from the setlist?

The tracks that made it in from the album are the singles, the title track (they get to reinforce the name of the album to a crowd of people) and the album closer, which makes the whole thing feel like a 'No Geography' tour. Gravity Drops is the one exception, but it's only really a glimpse of the track and is still kind of used as more of a filler.

I only ask because there's clearly a lot of disappointment that it isn't included, and I wonder if this could be a reason. They were obviously working on the setlist long before the album came out and before they had any truly substantial fan feedback. So maybe it's not the big 'fuck you, fans' that some people seem to be thinking it is?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

As much as I am disappointed it's not here, I kinda understand why they would leave it out. The set is already packed with NG tracks or segues. Only TUSM and WGTT are left out, I don't think they ever played this many tracks of a new album in a set before (Further opening concerts excepted). I'm hoping they change things up a bit at the end of the tour and maybe include TUSM. Or they could include it in the future like they did some tracks in the past. Wide Ope. Was not part of the BITE tour so there's hope.

*** General ticket sales for Fuji Rock Festival 2019 start tomorrow, June 1st, at 10 AM JST.
https://en.fujirockfestival.com/news/0531c/

*** Set times announced for Glastonbury Festival 2019
Chems will be playing the Other Stage from 10:15 to 11:45 PM, Saturday, June 29, 2019.
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

*** Date confirmed for Deichbrand Festival, Cuxhaven
Chems will be headlining on Saturday, July 20, 2019. Set times to be announced.
https://www.deichbrand.de/news/line-up-nach-tagen

*** Date confirmed for Netherlands gig, We Are Electric
Chems will be playing on Sunday, July 7, 2019. Set times to be announced.
http://www.we-are-electric.com/line-up/

*** First line-up available for Busan International Rock Festival 2019
Chems will be playing on Sunday, July 28, 2019.
https://busanrockfestival.com/lineup

*** Stage times announced for Doctor Music Festival
Chems will be playing the Mandala stage at 1:30 AM, on Sunday, July 14, 2019.
https://www.doctormusicfestival.com/en/artistas

*** Stage times for Zürich Open Air
Chems will be playing the Main Stage on Wednesday, August 21, at 9:30 PM.
https://zurichopenair.ch/thechemicalbrothers/
Last Edit: Jun 01, 2019, 16:26 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Sneaker on Nov 06, 2018, 07:50
UK, Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena: Nov 26, 2019
Is the date wrong? here says 26 nov, in the ticket vendor site says 28 nov... Anyone already bought this live? I bought almost 2 months ago and I don't have yet the ticket :(

Quote from: Decadez89 on Jun 02, 2019, 19:19

Is the date wrong? here says 26 nov, in the ticket vendor site says 28 nov... Anyone already bought this live? I bought almost 2 months ago and I don't have yet the ticket :(
Oh no, I screwed up! Thank you for your feedback, really appreciated! I corrected the date.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 02, 2019, 19:59

Oh no, I screwed up! Thank you for your feedback, really appreciated! I corrected the date.
I need some feedbacks about my comment! ufff I'm so nervous, I can't wait the day that tickets will be in my postbox and no date is scheduled  :o btw in love with your signature :)

I knew if I held out they would announce a London show! Wow big venue for this band, big tour.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Nice! Since I already bought my ticket for Birmingham and will travel via London anyway, I'll just add one night in London and see the Chems two days in a row  ;D

Edit: 2manydjs as extra bonus.

Thanks guys! Updated the live timetable. Tickets go on sale next Friday, June 14, at 10 AM.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/376849/the-chemical-brothers-tickets?skin=theo2
Last Edit: Jun 10, 2019, 17:38 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Anyone knows why I bought cardiff ticket from this link? and ticketmaster is selling too? :S and anyone is got already ticket in own hands?   :'(