Who's Hungry?

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Apr 05, 2019, 07:55
their show in Germany in 2016

But the Gelsenkirchen gig was also like a festival gig in terms of playtime. When I think back to my first experience with them - those concerts where massive. The second time I saw them live was on the Flip The Switch tour (first time was the Bizarre Festival '02 gig), and they where on stage over 2h => first part was 1h, second part 45min, and third part was another 20min
no idea, no idea

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Apr 05, 2019, 03:54

Is anyone going to the All Points East gig? Still on the table for me and the wife but flight prices are climbing, so we'll see..

One a side note, having only seen the Chems once at the o2 Wireless Festival in 2011 (was anyone else there?), do their festival shows differ much from their stand-alone ones? How will the All Points East compare to San Fran, for example? It's hard to imagine the festivals ones aren't at least a little stripped back.. Not that this is a deal breaker
In the past years, festival shows were usually ~90 minutes in two parts, ending with BRB, whereas stand-alone shows are ~120 minutes in three parts, ending with TPPR. As Csar mentioned, there were a few exeptions to this (those that I remember at the top of my head: Gelsenkirchen 2016 where they played the short set, I think there's some TPPR footage of a festival in Italy in 2015, the Apple Music Festival in 2015 where they played a shorter third part and of course the mysterious second gig at a festival in spain in 2015 with a super rare live appearance of Reflexion).
If you have the option, I'd go for the stand-alone, but if you for instance like the whole festival feeling and experience or there are other bands playing which you're interested in then that preference might change.
Bottom line is that either way the gigs are amazing and I've never regreted attending one  :)

old shows used to cap out at like 1h45 max
Eight or over.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Apr 05, 2019, 12:27

Ok, i did a fast look at the recording i made from the show i was talking about (Palladium, Cologne, Germany, 2005-02-26) and you are right. I remembered it differently.

First part was about 52min

Second part was about 30min

Third and last part 20min

Spoiler
Palladium, Cologne, Germany, 2005-02-26 Tracklist:
00 - Tomorrow Never Knows
01 - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
02 - Get Yourself High
03 - The Big Jump
04 - Galvanize
05 - Music:Response
06 - Block Rockin' Beats
07 - Song To The Siren (with the 'rock the house in'-sample from the Voodoo People remix between BRB & STTS)
08 - Come Inside (incl. a very very short sample of Chemical Beats throughout most of the song)
09 - Under The Influence
10 - It Doesn't Matter
11 - Out Of Control
12 - Temptation
13 - Star Guitar
Pause & Interlude
14 - Surface To Air
15 - Hoops
16 - Believe
17 - Acid Children
18 - The Golden Path
19 - Elektroban
Pause & Interlude
20 - Hold Tight London
21 - The Private Psychedelic Reel
no idea, no idea

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Apr 05, 2019, 12:27

Yup, no full 2 hours quite yet. Longest were a few shows on the WATN tour that reached 1h50 with the full 4 song encore
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 05, 2019, 14:30

Ok, i did a fast look at the recording i made from the show i was talking about (Palladium, Cologne, Germany, 2005-02-26) and you are right. I remembered it differently.

First part was about 52min

Second part was about 30min

Third and last part 20min

Spoiler
Palladium, Cologne, Germany, 2005-02-26 Tracklist:
00 - Tomorrow Never Knows
01 - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
02 - Get Yourself High
03 - The Big Jump
04 - Galvanize
05 - Music:Response
06 - Block Rockin' Beats
07 - Song To The Siren (with the 'rock the house in'-sample from the Voodoo People remix between BRB & STTS)
08 - Come Inside (incl. a very very short sample of Chemical Beats throughout most of the song)
09 - Under The Influence
10 - It Doesn't Matter
11 - Out Of Control
12 - Temptation
13 - Star Guitar
Pause & Interlude
14 - Surface To Air
15 - Hoops
16 - Believe
17 - Acid Children
18 - The Golden Path
19 - Elektroban
Pause & Interlude
20 - Hold Tight London
21 - The Private Psychedelic Reel
What? You really got Hold Tight London? I saw them the day after your show at the Columbia Halle in Berlin and can't remember them playing that. They didn't even dare to play it in September at Nokia Trends in the Velodrome.
I always thought HTL was played only two or three times in 2005, like in Dublin and some other gig and then resurfaced in 2007 again with the Trafalgar Square 3d event.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Got my ticket and hotel reservation for All Points East ;D

dying to snag a GA ticket for Forest Hills if anyone is willing to share their pre-sale code!
Just remember to fall in love

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 05, 2019, 16:12

Yup, no full 2 hours quite yet. Longest were a few shows on the WATN tour that reached 1h50 with the full 4 song encore
I'm pretty sure their shows at Ally Pally last year were about 2 hrs. I was quite battered at the time though, so my memory isn't super reliable tbh  :D

I'm looking fwd to seeing them at All Points East next month. Ace lineup on that Friday  :)

New York fans or fans that want to attent the NYC show on August 1st, pre-sale will start April 16th at 10 AM EST.

Password: NOGEOGRAPHY (no spaces)

https://www.axs.com/events/373197/the-chemical-brothers-tickets?fbclid=IwAR0V9WMiQqCsYNdnufDgHJfAvTBsmaOcxMxRCdqBmZA8nQ26LPDBI4kl1EA
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: hubie on Apr 12, 2019, 14:46

I'm pretty sure their shows at Ally Pally last year were about 2 hrs. I was quite battered at the time though, so my memory isn't super reliable tbh  :D
I took some pictures at the Saturday show, the first one (sometime during Go) has a timestamp of 21:03, the last one with the "Love is All" visual has 23:01.
So two hours is possible, at least if you include TKN. Net playtime (without fag breaks Reset and Recentre) is shorter than two hours.
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2019, 16:48 by Stefan

Quote from: Csar on Apr 14, 2019, 09:49

New York fans or fans that want to attent the NYC show on August 1st, pre-sale will start April 16th at 10 AM EST.

Password: NOGEOGRAPHY (no spaces)

https://www.axs.com/events/373197/the-chemical-brothers-tickets?fbclid=IwAR0V9WMiQqCsYNdnufDgHJfAvTBsmaOcxMxRCdqBmZA8nQ26LPDBI4kl1EA

thanks so much!!!

Got in right away

"No Tickets Are Available"

AXS website is so bad
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

so bizarre. still getting no tickets available.

Like, I get the whole anti-Ticketmaster narrative

But AXS.com is a steaming pile of garbage

At least Ticketmaster's website works

IT'S UP

just snagged two GA keep trying!

Snagged 2 GA for Forest Hills!! AXS site could use some work, and +20% service charge is a bit steep...

But now have tickets for San Fran and NYC so looking forward to triggering some kind of response!

Will be ChemBros show #6 & 7 for me, starting from Woodstock 99...

Quote from: IGGUS on Apr 16, 2019, 20:12

Snagged 2 GA for Forest Hills!! AXS site could use some work, and +20% service charge is a bit steep...

But now have tickets for San Fran and NYC so looking forward to triggering some kind of response!

Will be ChemBros show #6 & 7 for me, starting from Woodstock 99...

Damn you got "Flashback" but like that crazy version