Get Up On It Like This

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 03, 2023, 20:20
At the Alexandra Palace gig in 2018 they had "Free Yourself" projected on to the outside of the entrance. I was at that one.
I was also there :D  (The second gig on Saturday. Grand Finale of a vacation week in London for me. Good Memories :) )
Please log in to view this attachment.

EDIT: Hmm, actually the way they list all the album titles does suggest that No Reason follows on from the other albums.

Yep.

I just did a search for No Reason on the SOCAN Public Repertoire website (Canadian Licensing) and the following popped up for No Reason.

Title Work No.
NO REASON226578956
NameRoleAffiliationIPI #
ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN MOSTYNCAPRS177284931
SIMONS EDMUND JOHNCAPRS253226195
BORLAND ADRIAN KELVINCAPRS47829841
BAILEY GRAHAM JOHNCAPRS135045109
BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (UK) LIMITEDEPRS576134244
BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT CANADA ASESOCAN697887645
UNKNOWN PUBENA216156786
Performers:
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
What I think this means is that the song can now legally be played in Canadian public settings.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 03, 2023, 22:21
I just did a search for No Reason on the SOCAN Public Repertoire website (Canadian Licensing) and the following popped up for No Reason.
 What I think this means is that the song can now legally be played in Canadian public settings.

^ How did you search the wesite? Do you need a login?

Incidentally the SACEM website doesn't have much new on there, although No Reason has been on there a while. I wonder if others with access to other rights/royalties websites can see any recent additions (besides NO Reason, Dreaming and All Of A Sudden)?..
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 03, 2023, 22:35
^ How did you search the wesite? Do you need a login?
I just went to the SOCAN website, clicked on Repertoire Search in the top right corner, and I had access without a login. Unsure if it tracks via IP. If that's the case, I wonder if it only accepts Canadian IP addresses?

But I also just found this....

TitleWork No.
FEELS LIKE I'M DREAMING225588216
NameRoleAffiliationIPI #
ROWSELL ELLEN CIARACAPRS699654076
UNKNOWN PUBENA216156786
Performers:
CHEMICAL BROTHERS
I'm doing a deep dive now.

Edit: Also this...
Title Work No.
THE DREAMING SONG225588216
NameRoleAffiliationIPI #
ROWSELL ELLEN CIARACAPRS699654076
UNKNOWN PUBENA216156786
Performers:
CHEMICAL BROTHERS

Same info, but different track title for Feels Like I'm Dreaming
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 22:57 by rynostar

any idea what that "unknown pub" means? unknown publisher?
no idea, no idea

Hey, I think we slept on "All of a Sudden". I just google search the title and Chemical Brothers and someone matched it already on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chemicalbrothers/comments/zqmtl9/can_anyone_id_this_one_from_printworks/
the commenter spells it out, even referring to Sacem database.

Sounds like a sure-fire EBW, If not a EBW 9 knock-off...

Edit: code-ing it, because embedded link doesn't give direct link to thread (Please fix it as you see fit, Csar/Explud... or leave it, i dont care)

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 04, 2023, 11:03
Hey, I think we slept on "All of a Sudden".
No we didn't!
Scroll up 3 posts to my reply #102 above. The very last words in my post are All Of A Sudden. It's one of the three new tracks currently listed on SACEM. I suspect the Reddit person replying in that discussion is either a lurker or a member of this here forum.
We've been aware of the track since Printworks. Not Printworks 2022 but Printworks 2021 (point No 5).
See also reply #19 in the Printworks 2022 dj set (3rd video).
And probably other places in the DJ threads too.

In fact, here's the instagram clip from 2021 (4th slide)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2023, 12:12
I suspect the Reddit person replying in that discussion is either a lurker or a member of this here forum.
:-X

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 04, 2023, 12:12
No we didn't!
Scroll up 3 posts to my reply #102 above. The very last words in my post are All Of A Sudden. It's one of the three new tracks currently listed on SACEM. I suspect the Reddit person replying in that discussion is either a lurker or a member of this here forum.
We've been aware of the track since Printworks. Not Printworks 2022 but Printworks 2021 (point No 5).
See also reply #19 in the Printworks 2022 dj set (3rd video).
And probably other places in the DJ threads too.

Damn, I knew we had it pegged as something new in Sacem, but didn't realize it was matched in the DJ sets already.

@thg Is your avatar/GIF taken from the naughty version of the Free Yourself video?

Yes! :D
Just get yourself high.

Just wanted to chime in with the backend hunting in mind.

I was on PRS looking for Chems stuff the other day, but they've changed the search function which makes it seemingly impossible to look for new works by artists. You now have to be searching for a 'title' as well as the writer. And a search for 'Dreaming', 'No Reason', 'Sudden', with Rowlands as the writer, yielded nothing at the time. And having looked through 30 odd pages of a bigger generic search of 'Chemical Brothers' came back with nothing new, sadly.

SACEM definitely seeming like the best place to treasure hunt.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 04, 2023, 20:56
a search for 'Dreaming', 'No Reason', 'Sudden', with Rowlands as the writer, yielded nothing at the time. And having looked through 30 odd pages of a bigger generic search of 'Chemical Brothers' came back with nothing new, sadly.
Bummer!

I was on PRS looking for Chems stuff the other day, but they've changed the search function which makes it seemingly impossible to look for new works by artists.
Thanks for looking.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 03, 2023, 20:03
Why not?
Its so similar to No Geography, just a bit weird i think

It doesn't have much meaning i feel either - dunno :) 
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Just wanted to chime in with the backend hunting in mind.

I was on PRS looking for Chems stuff the other day, but they've changed the search function which makes it seemingly impossible to look for new works by artists. You now have to be searching for a 'title' as well as the writer. And a search for 'Dreaming', 'No Reason', 'Sudden', with Rowlands as the writer, yielded nothing at the time. And having looked through 30 odd pages of a bigger generic search of 'Chemical Brothers' came back with nothing new, sadly.

SACEM definitely seeming like the best place to treasure hunt.

Just gave PPL a combing as well, having forgot that it existed (my bad).

Zip.

Not sure why the UK registration databases wouldn't be as up to date, but there's nothing new on there. Not even No Reason, which is officially out and about in the UK right now.
Kinda weird.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

From https://bleep.com/release/379880-the-chemical-brothers-no-reason:

Please log in to view this attachment.

Press Release

The Chemical Brothers - one of the most successful bands in the history of electronic music - return with a new single. 'No Reason' has been played in their live shows and DJ sets for this past year to an immense crowd response. It is the first new music from a forthcoming new album project in 2023, a year which also marks 30 years of The Chemical Brothers' outstanding career. To mark this anniversary, 2023 will see multiple activations including a brand new album, a book, a tour and lots more in planning and development. More info to be shared in due course.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: gpro2005 on Mar 17, 2023, 13:41
To mark this anniversary, 2023 will see multiple activations including a brand new album, a book, a tour and lots more in planning and development.
A book? What type of book? Coffee Table? Novel? Children's?

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 17, 2023, 16:24
This dude made it to the big leagues.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

The SACEM List has had 237 entries under Tom's name for a while now. Today it has 238.
This seems to be the addition. Could it have anything to do with Catch Me I'm Falling? Or is it a new track title?

FALLING 2710
Sous-titre(s) : FALLING 2710
Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED
Sub-Publisher : BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (FRANCE)
Composer/Author : OSTYN ROWLANDS THOMAS OWEN M, SIMONS EDMUND JOHN
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 17, 2023, 16:24
It's sort of a biography/ live experience type of book.

Quote from: Champiness on Mar 17, 2023, 16:44
This dude made it to the big leagues.
That was a little uncalled for, don't you think?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)