And the Darkness That You Fear Will Disappear

Movies/Shows you're watching.

Started by chemreact, Jul 09, 2015, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Preacher

I had no idea what the fuck was happening, like at all.  Also, it was one of the top five all time best pilots ever. 

Silicon Valley s03e06, oh my god this was perfect !

Game of Thrones Season 6
Spoiler

Has been horribly forgettable (and I thought season 5 was bad). The Hodor episode wasn't even that good.

Now that they are on their own, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff are really showing their arse. So many important characters escaping death or coming back alive. It's terribly obvious how dependent they have been on George R.R. Martin sculpting the series (And I haven't even read the books).

Maybe they're sabotaging the T.V. series out of respect?

At this point I'm sticking around for Cersei, Tyrion, Melisandre, and Hot Pie.

I have only seen the first 1 or 2 episodes of GOT.  There was boobs, violence, blood, a midget, & more boobs.  I liked what I saw.

Well I'll give you a hint at the pacing of this series. "Winter" has yet to come, and we're almost through season 6.

The more I watch Game Of Thrones, the more I'm reminded of my longing for a HBO version reboot of "Hercules: The Legendary Journey" with Kevin Sorbo. and "Xena: Warrior Princess" with Lucy Lawless (oh baby!).
Last Edit: Jun 16, 2016, 05:23 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 16, 2016, 05:19

Well I'll give you a hint at the pacing of this series. "Winter" has yet to come, and we're almost through season 6.

The more I watch Game Of Thrones, the more I'm reminded of my longing for a HBO version reboot of "Hercules: The Legendary Journey" with Kevin Sorbo. and "Xena: Warrior Princess" with Lucy Lawless (oh baby!).

The only reason I say "No" is because she is busy being rad on "Ash Vs Evil Dead."

Anton Yelchin RIP.
One of the stars of Green Room which I've been going on about recently. Killed by his own car rolling down the driveway. Really Sad. Patrick Stewart was also in Green Room, and they share a Star Trek connection, as Yelchin is perhaps best known as Chekov from the recent Star Trek films.
One of those actors who still had so much ahead of him. In fact he has five unreleased films on the way including Star Trek Beyond next month.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 03, 2016, 13:23

Is there a separate Wonder Woman film coming? ...  [EDIT: Ok I checked IMDB and she is making a Wonder Woman film. Hope Gal Gadot can carry that thing on her pretty little shoulders]

She's still purty. I'm still not convinced by her acting.

"I have no father; I was brought to life by Zeus"
"Well that's neat"

Last Edit: Jul 23, 2016, 18:06 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 23, 2016, 17:58

She's still purty. I'm still not convinced by her acting.

"I have no father; I was brought to life by Zeus"
"Well that's neat"

That looks nice !

Wow, can hardly wait for Wonder Woman movie!
Watched Star Trek: Beyond yesterday, it was ok, if little too long.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Usually I'm very wary of adaptations from my favourite books, but this trailer for American Gods (which is one of my all-time favourites) looks really good:

I find myself surprised by looking forward to the show.

Aaa, I used to loved that book!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 03, 2016, 13:23

Is there a separate Wonder Woman film coming?
Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 23, 2016, 20:25

That looks nice !
Quote from: sandelic on Jul 24, 2016, 04:30

Wow, can hardly wait for Wonder Woman movie!

no idea, no idea

Quote from: sandelic on Jul 24, 2016, 04:30

Watched Star Trek: Beyond yesterday, it was ok, if little too long.
I thought it was brilliant! Like a top ten episode of the original series, but with the special effects they wished they had back then. Classic Star Trek.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 25, 2016, 12:31

I thought it was brilliant! Like a top ten episode of the original series, but with the special effects they wished they had back then. Classic Star Trek.
Unexpectatly, I really enjoyed Beyond, even though I rejected all previous JJ Trek Wars flicks. It felt like the first real Star Trek movie in that JJ-Verse. That white-black female character was a welcome addition to the already excellent cast.

Then I watched Ghostebusters. It was merely mediocre at best. Not bad but not exciting either. The story was a bit lackluster and lacked a proper arc of supense, the ending seemed a bit rushed and blant. Being a Feig movie, the humor wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as I expected from the trailers but still wasn't mostly up my alley. However, I must admit there were some nice homages for the original that I liked. Even all previous actors, in one form or another, made a cameo, albeit they were nothing special and way too short.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 26, 2016, 06:16

Unexpectatly, I really enjoyed Beyond,... That white-black female character was a welcome addition to the already excellent cast.

For me, I think the first JJ Star Trek film remains the best. I got bored in the middle of this one. However I saw this film in 4Dx (moving & vibrating seat, smells, wind and even water in my face). Once we got to "Sabotage" and beyond, those effects really made an impact (literally). So by the end of the film my opinion had gone up. Presumably the black/white character you refer to was Jaylah. It was one hell of a piece of luck that
Spoiler
she happened to have a patched up old Starship as her "home" - ready for Kirk et al to use after their ship got destroyed
...dontcha think?
Incidentaly did anyone recognise the actress who played Jaylah, Sofia Boutella? i.e the dancer from this Chemical related advert (yeah I mentioned her before when Kingsmen came out):

Quote from: Csar on Jul 26, 2016, 06:16

Then I watched Ghostebusters. It was merely mediocre at best. Not bad but not exciting either. The story was a bit lackluster and lacked a proper arc of supense, the ending seemed a bit rushed and blant.
It felt like it was so nearly a good movie. At times the editing felt pretty blunt, yet they didn't mind giving us some long ass closing credits to sit through just so we could see a so-so bonus scene at the very end. I actually liked the ladies performances (Kate McKinnon was a minor revelation). I just wish there had been a few more jokes and a bit less of a chopped-together feel about it.
Speaking of edits, there were a couple of bits in the trailer below that I don't remember in the film:
1) "no-one should have to encounter that kind of evil...except you girls I think you can handle it" 0.10- 0.17
2) "these women are just sad..." "oh". 0.30-0.37.

Anyone else remember those bits in the film?

Also Chris Hemsworth's character wasn't funny. A young (Cheers era) Woody Harrelson proabably could have made it work though.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Watched Under The Skin the other day. What a strange movie, i'm not sure if i've enjoyed the movie or not - but i'm tending to not like this movie, even though you've seen Scarlett Johannson plenty times fully naked.
no idea, no idea