We Help to Make the World a Little Bit Better

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
fucking WHAT???
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Fkn awesome footage but what is that track played after Chems? Beautiful
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

the audio sounds like a crowdless rip of the Bristol set (1 week before Exit was released I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). the soundboard effects sound the same place

my man keith jumps up onto the stage at 10:02
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Can't believe footage of the Keith Flint Moment a) existed and b) only ended up surfacing in February 2020
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

anybody know the song that plays at the end after they finish
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I thought Ed had said the Keith Flint thing happened at London's Astoria theatre (now demolished :().
But that's not the Astoria. It doesn't look like a theatre at all.

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1102556546029051904
https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1103216984517496832

Were they part of an "NME Tour" or something in '95? In which case maybe Keith did it at more than one gig? No obvious signs of Keith kicking the power out as Ed mentions in the Instagram link.
Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 12:08 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Video deleted.
Fear not, the archive's got you covered

Last Edit: Feb 12, 2020, 15:43 by Conn6orsuper117

The footage is not from Astoria, it's Tribal Gathering:
http://www.theprodigyontour.com/?p=783

Keith Flint took to the stage more than once during a Chems sets.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Feb 12, 2020, 08:04

The footage is not from Astoria, it's Tribal Gathering:
http://www.theprodigyontour.com/?p=783

Keith Flint took to the stage more than once during a Chems sets.
It doesnt make sense considering all 3 are wearing the same clothes in the photos. especially considering the Tribal gathering set has Life is sweet (remix 1), and this one doesnt.
I wanna believe that it takes place during the pre Leave Home era (like Bristol)
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2020, 21:55 by Conn6orsuper117

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Feb 12, 2020, 15:41

It doesnt make sense considering all 3 are wearing the same clothes in the photos. especially considering the Tribal gathering set has Life is sweet (remix 2), and this one doesnt.
I wanna believe that it takes place during the pre Leave Home era (like Bristol)
Did you add the photos of Keith at the end of the video or was that the original uploader?
If it's not Tribal Gathering then where is it? Do you still think it mght be the Astoria?

Take a look at a couple of photos Here. You can see it had a downstairs and a tiered upstairs area. Looking at your video upload circa 5.10 - 5.33, there's a long look out over the crowd. There's no sign of any upstairs area. Instead it looks to me like a big long, one-floor ?permanent? structure/venue. Or a HUGE tent. [EDIT: I can see massive tent poles. It's a HUGE tent!]

There is also lots of video footage of various bands playing live at the Astoria if you search "live at Astoria".
I remember seeing LCD Soundsystem, Primal Scream, Alabama 3 and The Gossip there myself. I think I watched all those gigs from the upstairs area. No need for me to mention the bands really, I'm just name dropping now!

P.s. You know why The Astoria was demolished? To make way for the expansion of a frickin train station. The venue first opened in 1927. It should have had "listed" protection and been done up instead of being demolished. For shame.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2020, 19:58 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's a tent at Tribal Gathering:

(1:09)

And of course this famous incident with The Prodigy:

Hi Kevin!

Holy shit! This footage is definitely the best video on YouTube!
I saw that photo of dancing Keith so many times and now he's moving. HE. IS. FUCKING. MOVING!
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 12, 2020, 19:41

Did you add the photos of Keith at the end of the video or was that the original uploader?
If it's not Tribal Gathering then where is it? Do you still think it mght be the Astoria?

Take a look at a couple of photos Here. You can see it had a downstairs and a tiered upstairs area. Looking at your video upload circa 5.10 - 5.33, there's a long look out over the crowd. There's no sign of any upstairs area. Instead it looks to me like a big long, one-floor ?permanent? structure/venue. Or a HUGE tent. [EDIT: I can see massive tent poles. It's a HUGE tent!]

There is also lots of video footage of various bands playing live at the Astoria if you search "live at Astoria".
I remember seeing LCD Soundsystem, Primal Scream, Alabama 3 and The Gossip there myself. I think I watched all those gigs from the upstairs area. No need for me to mention the bands really, I'm just name dropping now!

P.s. You know why The Astoria was demolished? To make way for the expansion of a frickin train station. The venue first opened in 1927. It should have had "listed" protection and been done up instead of being demolished. For shame.
Yes the photos were added by me.

I for sure see the tent entrances now that I watch the reup again. but again I don't think its tribal gathering considering the lack of Life is sweet(R1). Imma browse the setlist website to see what venues line up.

Imma change the thumbnail to prevent anymore confusion until this gets sorted out.

Here's the Tribal gathering audio

I found this in a Coachella "movie" released in 2005. It's not long, but if I'm not mistaken, it's the first official footage from Come With Us I've ever seen.

cue cringey Coachella crowd interviews
Last Edit: Mar 31, 2020, 15:12 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 30, 2020, 15:49

I found this in a Coachella "movie" released in 2005. It's not long, but if I'm not mistaken, it's the first official footage from Come With Us I've ever seen.

cue cringey Coachella crowd interviews

I had that DVD...then I offloaded all my DVD's before moving to Vancouver...
Last Edit: Mar 31, 2020, 15:11 by Ben_j
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 31, 2020, 06:50

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 31, 2020, 06:50

no idea, no idea

[00:00:00] - Setting Sun
[00:00:08] - Interview
[00:01:00] - Hey Boy Hey Girl
[00:02:02] - Interview
[00:02:35] - The Test
[00:03:39] - Interview
[00:04:19] - The Test
[00:04:53] - Interview

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Apr 09, 2020, 18:20

[00:00:00] - Setting Sun
[00:00:08] - Interview
[00:01:00] - Hey Boy Hey Girl
[00:02:02] - Interview
[00:02:35] - The Test
[00:03:39] - Interview
[00:04:19] - The Test
[00:04:53] - Interview

Tom's synchronized pointing with ed is so blessing. good find Bob!