You Always Get Me Up When I'm Down

2019 - Forest Stadium Hills, New York - August 1

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 11, 2019, 18:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Cant wait its been too long.  Im traveling from Texas to see them after i saw they fit in NY at the last minute.

Long time lurker here, first time posting. I missed out on the when they came to New York in 2015 so im doing the New York and Montreal shows back to back to make up for that :music

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 30, 2019, 17:02

sorry for the kitten btw

The kitten forgives you, wherever it may be now.

All signs currently point to my being in attendance! Very excited to see the Chems outside the context of an EDM festival, both because it gives them the time for a (likely) encore and eschews the sort of catchall "[wildlife terminology] Stage" trappings that result in - say - a giant metalltic owl obscuring the top half of your headliner's LED screen.

"Got Glint?", for some reason, the one that's been stuck in my head.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Just got this in an email from Forest Hills, looks like Chems only get 1:45 to play

🎫 2:30 PM – Box Office Opens
🚪🍕 5:00 PM - Doors Open + Food and Drinks On Sale

🎶 6:20 PM –  Charlotte de Witte
🎶 8:15 PM –  The Chemical Brothers

⏰ 10:00 PM – Curfew

was really hoping for longer than the festival sets  :'(
Just remember to fall in love

Such is the price we pay for trying to see a 90's dance act in an upscale Queens neighborhood.

Can't wait to read (and see) what you experienced! Don't fret about shorter set times, it will be amazing regardless  :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

IM RIGHT AT THE FRONT!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Aug 01, 2019, 22:25
IM RIGHT AT THE FRONT!!!
Have a great night!!! Same to everyone else there tonight

To all that are going, have a great show and be safe! Full report when you wake up tommorow  :)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Was there supposed to be an alternate version of "Scale" on the Surrender box set? Bc if so I think it's playing as part of the Chems' intro tape right now

(Charlotte de Witte was great, btw - nearly 2 straight hours of serious techno capped off by "Meet Her At The Loveparade", of all things)

Alright now they're playing "Seal", maybe this is just the Flashback Friday playlist from "S" track titles onwards
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 00:11 by Champiness

Now (according to Shazam, sorry) "Black Eye Boy (1990)" by Renegade Soundwave

We're packed in here pretty tight, mildly concerned about my belongings circa "MAH"

"Chill Pill (Underwater Mix)" by Sounds of JHS 126 Brooklyn, which I hope is a shoutout to the city

"Set It Off" by Strafe, which I'm quite happy about

Just think, somewhere very near to me right now, traveling from who knows how many miles away... is Mr Hoosteen

Alright, "Tomorrow Never Knows" by Junior Parker
I wonder how much longer the intro tape will go[/s]

Woohoo Champi is giving the play by play!

Hmmmm that venue is small but it looks big when its packed!

The girl I met at the Greek show is there right now so I'm getting updates from her. They should be around MAH about now!

Edit: show just finished! friend said 'IT WAS AMAZING'
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 02:58 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Seen them over 15 times since the late 90s, and the experience tonight might rank up there as my favorite. Aside from what seemed to be a glitch in the Free Yourself visuals (it was blank for most of the song), it was almost perfect. From where I was, near the front a little off from center, the crowd actually danced, wasn't constantly moving and shifting positions, and everyone seemed to give each other breathing room. The venue itself, on the grounds from the original US Open tennis stadium, has a mini festival feel, with the different food vendors, and space to hang out outside of the show area itself.

Sound was crisp and loud, and there were flourishes that I don't remember from the Shrine show from back in May. No encore though with TPPR because of the curfew I assume.

The energy of the crowd made everything feel fresh, even the oldies. Great time.
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2019, 03:11 by Apostle