It Doesn't Matter

08-30-2015 Rock en Seine

Started by chemdup, Jul 22, 2015, 14:20

Previous topic - Next topic
What a chemical night !
Too bad we did not meet indeed... couldn't find my friends there but spent another magical night  :music
This one was awsome but Rockhal's was also great for me. Cannot compare as in Luxembourg people are rather busier at drinking beer than gigging but found a better place for 90' of dancing and jumping :)
That was my second and last for this year... already looking forward to seeing them again. Hopefully before 2019... 4 years were too long to wait !
Bonne nuit !

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 30, 2015, 23:37

Yup ! Too bad I see your message only now though, we could have met at the festival :(

Just went back from the festival. It was amazing ! It has been so hot those last few days, but thankfuly the sun was down quite early and the big park where the festival was held helped cooling the air a little.
We saw the end of Hot Chip, was pretty good, then went to have something to eat before going to Tame Impala, which were just as awesome as I hoped they would be. They opened with Let it Happen and closed with Apocalypse Dreams, and both were an incredible whirlwind of psychedelia.

Then we went to the barriers and waited for the Chems to start. The crowd was huge, and was going crazy ! And kudos to that lady that was right in front of me at the barrier, who was something like 60 years old, and she was having great time ! The show was as good as the usual, but Tom and Adam looked like they were having such a great time, with Tom waving and shouting at the crowd a lot. Star Guitar sounded like he let the vocals part run for longer than usual, and it was really nice. He did have a few hiccups during the UTI/Galvanize transition, it sounded like the acid line was not the right one or was out of sync. One small problem though : the sound was really good for the most part of the show but when Escape Velocity came in, it sounded like they turned the bass up really loud, and we couldn't hear anything but the bass during Escape Velocity and UTI. Same for Galvanize and BRB but since the kick is less present it was not as disturbing. All in all, it was better than at the Rockhal. Both the live performance and the crowd.
During all the set I tried to spot Ed, and I think I did, at the end of Believe, I saw a guy on the right of the stage, waving his hands in a very Ed fashion, but it might have been someone else, I couldn't clearly see...

Nice trifecta! Hot chip and Tame go perfect for the closing Chems! cheers on your 2nd show this year. So the chems made improvements over the last show despite EV + UTI/ Galvanize.

Maybe the third time is the charm!  ;D

Any major changes or tweaks in setlist?
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 01:55 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Wow, I can't express enough how much I envy you all!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Mixed and weird feelings so far.
I had avoided to watch any videos of the new tour before this show so all the tracklist, transitions, and visuals were brand new to me. It was quite a challenge not to spoil myself but it was definitely worth it  ;D

Postive feelings :
I have to say that I have been soooo impressed by the lightshows and the visuals. It's the best thing i've seen from them. I was standing close to the FOH so I could have more of global view of the stage.  It was truly beautiful from here and a very immersive experience thanks to the lights (Damn so many lasers!!!). I would have loved to see the robots being  used a bit more through the show though. It's sad to see those two big boys only used once, such a shame!
I also loved the way Adam and Tom interacted with the crowd. It looked like they had a lot of fun on stage. The crowd was nice and clapping in between songs.

More negative feelings  :-\
I am a bit more sceptical about the tracklist. The first four tracks didn't go so well together and the transitions sounded most of the time a bit harsh. It was also the first time I heard HBHG as a track opener. It's ok but not as good as galvanize in my opinion.  It's quite hard to top up such a powerfull song, even with eml ritual plus I love to see the people going nuts when the buzzing sound of hbhg drop right after a quiter part  :music

On a more bright side, I really loved the way Go (still don't like the chorus though. Don't kick me ;D), Sometimes I feel so deserted and don't think got played last night. Music:Response was a nice addition but a bit too short!

Anyway, a very nice closure to this summer and this nice music festival.

I feel the urge of watching the video of glastonburry now. It feels like I couldn't catch all the subtleties of the show last night. Hopefully there will be a european indoor tour next spring!

Thanks Tom, Ed and Adam!
Last Edit: Jul 05, 2016, 20:50 by Bouh

I paid much more attention to the light show this time (just lights, not visuals), and Bouh is right, it is soooo well put together, there's so much going on and every little thing in the music has a corresponding light effect to go with it. The lasers during HBHG were green and orange. I don't know if it was supposed to be this way, I always saw all green lasers but it looks even better that way :

Yeah truly outsanding lightshow. It goes perfectly with the visuals and the music. I guess it can't go any better than that.

What an end of holidays !

I got so crazy during the show !  Mention to " go ", "sometimes i feel so deserted". really well worked live !!! a bit disappointed by the start, i don't really enjoy ELM but it sounds better than in the records ^^. I didn't knew anything about the setlist so i had great pleasure to hear the sunshine underground and appreciate new visuals & the robots. The new version of believe is less powerful  :( . But the  transition between EV and UDI is really really good !

Hope they'll bring back we are the night in next tour...whatever a fantastic moment with my friends & sister. we went mad !

Aaah, Owa, I was wondering if you were there ! So many people went, I couldn't see everyone :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 31, 2015, 19:29

Aaah, Owa, I was wondering if you were there ! So many people went, I couldn't see everyone :(

I was searching for you in front of stage after Tame Impala but didn't saw you ! next time ;) . and i was searching for ED too ah ah ah

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 31, 2015, 11:46

I paid much more attention to the light show this time (just lights, not visuals), and Bouh is right, it is soooo well put together, there's so much going on and every little thing in the music has a corresponding light effect to go with it. The lasers during HBHG were green and orange. I don't know if it was supposed to be this way, I always saw all green lasers but it looks even better that way :
Yeah, they've pushed it to another level with this year's light show. So well synchronized, so well choreographed you can tell Adam and his crew really pay attention to the music's details and nuances. You can only do this when you're immersed into the sound and touched by it. This relationship has become something unique and unparalleled in the field of electronic live performance. A chemical brother in his own right!
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 20:21 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Great vibe!

Thank you Marie, you're vids have good sound. If only they were longer!
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2015, 20:41 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yes, really good sound on your videos ! Nokia Lumia ? :)
All I could hear during Escape Velocity was "BOOM BOOOM BOOM"

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 31, 2015, 22:59

Nokia Lumia ? :)
I want a successor to my 1020!
no idea, no idea

The fellow chemical fan Mathieu (who I think never registered on the forum but I've seen him a few times) got all the concert with a Go Pro. He was right behind me and Chemd'up (you can see me : guy on the right, with a blue t shirt, with his arms in the air all the time).
Sound is really good and it gives a good insight at the ambience in the crowd.

EDIT : added part 2
Last Edit: Sep 01, 2015, 22:07 by Ben_j

Never saw that from a gopro! One of the best videos I've seen from a fans point of view. Good wide shots of the stage and the crowd. (Nice bounce btw)

I don't really pay to much attention to lights but i did see those 'chasers' during EML. That was pretty bad ass. 

I wish I could've been there, or any other show, but that footage is salivating.

Wow, just wow! What a great video! Certainly seizure inducing, but in a good way! The energy there is uplifting, it makes want to be right there. Would be a splendid thing to spend a chems show with so many appreciative and enthusiastic fans.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Is that a runway to the stage? i could totally see Ed running back and forth on it to quick hi-five and wave to the fans!  :))

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 02, 2015, 19:40

Is that a runway to the stage? i could totally see Ed running back and forth on it to quick hi-five and wave to the fans!  :))
We tried to make them come at the end, when they were waving the crowd, but they didn't :(

— Aurora (The Seed)

Funny, right at the beginning of this video, you can hear Hey Boy Hey Girl, coming from the other stage :D