Dig Your Own Hole

Free Yourself (New track)

Started by orangewedge99, Jul 03, 2017, 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Well that's a nice cameo :)
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Haha, you can always count on Dom and Nick. Solid Tom & Ed cameo as always!
First time I listen to the entire track. Nothing too exciting but nice. I like it.

Music and vocals are a little out of sync though.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The video legitimately freaked me out.  :D Its an uncanny valley sorta thing, hahah!

The teaser clip initially had me feeling the video would be sinister in a Believe sort of way, but in its entirety it took a more fun turn. Robots just want to dance! Dom & Nic do it again!  :music
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Fantastic! Lots of little details going on in the video; I keep wanting to pause it to take it all in.

I'm wondering if they did the robots the same way L3-37 was done in Solo: A Star Wars Story, where Phoebe Waller Bridge wore the android costume and she was digitally erased afterwards.

The bit at 3.20 where you can hear Steve Coogan's Alan Partridge say "they can see my fanny..." (which doesn't mean ass in the UK!) makes me laugh. Taken from this (jump to 7.07)

Also at 4.12 the siren noise being used to alert the security guard is a nice touch.

Quite a big T&E cameo this time. Has anyone got a list of all the Chems video cameos? There are some where I don't know where they are (Galvanize springs to mind).
Also the female "speaking" robot - is that meant to be the face of the woman from the live visuals, or am I reaching?

The noises from 5.35 are kinda ominous.

Quote from: Csar on Nov 14, 2018, 14:19

Music and vocals are a little out of sync though.

Yes, considering they've done a sort of "video edit" of the track, I'm surprised they didn't sync them a bit better.

Overall it's great though. Repeat viewings guaranteed.
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2018, 15:50 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I love it. Make sure you watch right to the end passed the credits!

OMG, i wasn't prepared for that video  :o
Seems to be the most crazy video of them since Salmon Dance.

I like it

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 27, 2018, 09:19

2 - every robot has a different face and theres a scene where you can see a lot of robots, and one of them is ed and one is tom
the oracle from cologne?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 14, 2018, 15:42

There are some where I don't know where they are (Galvanize springs to mind).
they're on a poster outside the venue

no idea, no idea

Absolutely bonkers I fucking love it. This might actually be my favorite Dom and Nic Chems vid yet.

And the cameo's back!
Never for money, always for love.

Spotted a dildo.
Any ideas about why they turn into fruit? Is it referencing something I'm not getting right away?
The guard goes quite still at the end, is that to say he's a robot?

Quote from: Charco on Nov 14, 2018, 18:22

Spotted a dildo.
Any ideas about why they turn into fruit? Is it referencing something I'm not getting right away?
The guard goes quite still at the end, is that to say he's a robot?
No idea why they briefly turn into fruits.. But I love the homage to their previous video Wide Open with these honeycomb shaped arms and legs. Lots to discover indeed.
Have you watched until after the credits? If not, do it and you'll see.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

"The Chemical Brothers' music allows people to get out of their box at a gig or listening to the record – it's a moment of frenzied abandonment to the music. We wanted to capture that feeling in the idea of an oppressed robot workforce suddenly abandoning themselves to music and fun," Dom&Nic said in a statement. "It's robots having fun, robots being silly and robots raving!"

"It's a black comedy and an observation or conversation about the possible future relationship between robots, artificial intelligence and humans," they continued. "Maybe we don't have anything to be scared of, why do we think the worst about AI and humanity?"

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-chemical-brothers-free-yourself-video-756080/
no idea, no idea

OUTSTANDING
Just brilliant in everything way.

Spoiler
love the robo Ed and Tom with the vintage 90s glasses

Similar to the boxer, love the approaching dread and tense moments when the robos take over.

Should fit in the top 5 vids from the Bros!
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2018, 19:34 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Spotted a dildo.
Ha, where?

I think it's just their way of representing robot psychedelics, messing with the graphics chips in their heads for fun.

Or maybe - a reference to Vegetable Vision, Adam Smith's old company name for the visuals he did for The Chemical Brothers?
Never for money, always for love.

I laughed out loud when the headless robot brute had his moment in the dance circle. Excellent visual pairing with the drum roll.

Furthermore, I'm convinced those are all Ed's dance moves. I see a lot of air grabbing.

Fun Stuff. Thanks guys!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 14, 2018, 20:07

Or maybe - a reference to Vegetable Vision, Adam Smith's old company name for the visuals he did for The Chemical Brothers?
That'd be an awesome explanation!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 14, 2018, 20:07

Ha, where?I think it's just their way of representing robot psychedelics, messing with the graphics chips in their heads for fun.

There's a box of things/parts that gets knocked over and a dildo (robo-penile attachment?) falls with a wobble.
I like either of those explanations, unfortunately my first thought was 'lemon party?' which goes to show I spend too much time on the internet.

Quote from: Charco on Nov 15, 2018, 00:19

There's a box of things/parts that gets knocked over and a dildo (robo-penile attachment?) falls with a wobble.

Oh at 2.54. I think there are two of them. All I noticed were the face masks (!). Maybe you're right.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Upon further review, the dildos are encased with silicone titties (not masks^).

It's the sex robot revolution!
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 19:17 by Bosco

Does the queen brings up the same amount of amusement she does in the Setting Sun video?
no idea, no idea