Where Do I Begin?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 08, 2015, 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic
I didn't say no, just that these songs don't get the attention they undoubtly deserve.

I plead for my head to stay firmly attached to my neck, your Honour.

In favour of your head staying on your neck you have to listen to This Is Not A Game three times in a row.
no idea, no idea

Wow, that's harsh...
Stefan might reconsider his plea  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

If that's the appropriate penalty.

I can now say that I have listened to "This is not a game" a total of four (4) times during my whole lifetime and can say with confidence that it is not among my favourite songs by the Chemical Brothers, nor among my favourite songs by Lorde, and that I still have no idea who Miguel is.

Merry Christmas, dear Chemical sisters and brothers!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Marry Xmas to all you Chemical brothers and sisters! Hopefully next year we can get back on track and get back to some live shows again!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Happy Holidays Y'all, and early Happy New Year! Echoing your hopeful thoughts, Inchemwetrust!

I manage to knock something off my bucket list yesterday and took on the project of making tamales in successful fashion. Aesthetically, they could use some work, but the taste... DAMN!!! Wish I could share with all of you, cause I'm pretty dang proud.

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully it's going to be a better one than the last one.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

As 2021 waves us goodbye, let's all take the oppportunity to look forward to a great...2023.

Meanwhile:
https://twitter.com/hypocriticaldog/status/1477250159046279171
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Happy New Year everybody, may the only negatives in your lives be the results of Covid tests.

Happy New Year all!  May the darkness that you fear disappear. 

Shit's hard.  Seeing increases of hospitalizations in the U.S, especially among the unvaxed, when there are people all around the world who don't even have access to it really depresses me.  And the The Avalanches postponed the Chicago show from Feb. to Oct.1st.  I bitched about that to my mom.  Her response was "You hate the cold.  You hate driving in snow.  You hate being near the snow!  You're mad it's now on a weekend & the last weekend of baseball season when it's the Reds & the Cubs, your two teams???"  It's a cold winter out there but it's some real cold shit when your mom gives you the epic takedown. 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 05, 2022, 06:21

Happy New Year all!  May the darkness that you fear disappear. 

Shit's hard.  Seeing increases of hospitalizations in the U.S, especially among the unvaxed, when there are people all around the world who don't even have access to it really depresses me.  And the The Avalanches postponed the Chicago show from Feb. to Oct.1st.  I bitched about that to my mom.  Her response was "You hate the cold.  You hate driving in snow.  You hate being near the snow!  You're mad it's now on a weekend & the last weekend of baseball season when it's the Reds & the Cubs, your two teams???"  It's a cold winter out there but it's some real cold shit when your mom gives you the epic takedown. 

Do Cubs/Reds play to finish season? I wish I could be excited for something like that, but much like the Pirates, both teams are destined to be division dwellers.

I side with your Mom, Chicago weather post-summer/early-fall, is some of the best we got. While that doesn't effect the conditions of a sold out, cramped indoor show... maybe it's an incentive?

Works out for me in the end, I still need a ticket and the delay bought me more time.

Chicago and The Avalanches have unfinished business since Pitchfork fest 2017.

My longest running case will come to a close this year, looks like. When I think back to 2016, when I filed the case, it's like stepping into a time machine.

So much has happened, so many changes. So many things are... different.

I hope this new year brings us back to the way things were before we decided to live in fear.

I hope people will realize that we are going to make it.

I hope people will shift their attention from trying to blame others about the state of the world to acceptance that there are larger systems at work that have nothing to do with our silly little choices about what to do, what to wear, or where to go.

I hope.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 09, 2022, 14:07

My longest running case will come to a close this year, looks like. When I think back to 2016, when I filed the case, it's like stepping into a time machine.

So much has happened, so many changes. So many things are... different.

I hope this new year brings us back to the way things were before we decided to live in fear.

I hope people will realize that we are going to make it.

I hope people will shift their attention from trying to blame others about the state of the world to acceptance that there are larger systems at work that have nothing to do with our silly little choices about what to do, what to wear, or where to go.

I hope.

Is this a spiritual/"a speck in the universe", take? Or is this your way of insinuating a capitalistic oligarchy runs the show?

Either way, I feel your hope to a degree. Not because I have faith in society to learn anything, but because of topical exhaustion.

"I hope [things go] back to the way things were," is a concept that haunts me. Over the past few years, I think a lot of us have dwelled on this thought, (me included). Is this the type of thinking which is a building block to conservatism? Or is it a psychological way of vaguely conveying "I hope to feel better about myself, like I did before"? Which I suppose, in a nutshell, could describe social conservatism.

But to go further, I'm not totally sure that "going back to the way things were" is a healthy concept. A lot of these anxieties we feel towards these conflicting times, is the slow process of change happening, and I think we all can agree we are seeking for some change in the current social and political climate out there.

Now, if only I use this evaluation and apply it to my own broken life (exaggeration).

Here is me ironically dropping an apply titled track, from the past (!), to describe my assessment of the current subject at hand:

R.I.P, Danny Tanner

you cauliflower face, you

Storm Eunice eh?
This has made interesting viewing this morning. Had 70k watching live when I "tuned in", up to 220k viewers a little while ago.

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1494647803867500570

From a couple of weeks ago:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

what a fucking save on the last video!

I'm mostly not afraid to fly, but when you let stuff like these landing videos sink in, you realize how fucking crazy it all is.

On a personal note, here in Chicago we have a commercial airport with one of the shortest runways to land in the United States, Midway Airport. I personally enjoy the airport, both out of convenience and the uncommon neighborhood aesthetic. However, the airport is built within one square mile, and your fucking nerves get tested more than normal come landing time.

Did you ever wonder how Mr Rowlands was listening to the likes of Rockmaster Scott, Tricky Tee and Freestyle when he was a teenager in the 80s? Tracks that would go on to influence the sound of the Chems.

Well back in the 80's these 12"s weren't even getting nationwide releases in their home territory of the USA, never mind anywhere in Europe. Until one man came along and changed all that. A guy called Morgan Khan. As per the article below, he realised he could licence these tracks for UK compilations and sell them to the UK B-boys who just couldn't otherwise get hold of them.

His Street Sounds label really was the sound of the street. The Kids knew about the compilations, but the music wasn't being touched by mainstream radio & tv. Maybe you'd hear it on a pirate station - if you could find one. So the Street Sounds Electro series was essential manna for Hip Hop heads.

I don't know that Tom got his hip hop fix from these compilations, but considering:
1) He grew up in posh Henley-on-Thames, where his local record shop was unlikely to have stocked rare US import singles
2) Everyone else in the UK (and Ireland) got their electro/hip hop fix from these compilations
...I'd be genuinely amazed if these weren't the source for that hip hop influence on Chemical beats.

BTW, where he mentions Pete Tong, bear in mind that Tong is/was more than a DJ; he was also a big shot at FFRR records.

https://twitter.com/MichaelAHann/status/1496129554691276803
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2022, 13:48 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Gah!!! I Preordered the steam deck early last summer and it was due to arrive last february. In november I got pushed to Q2, THEN in january i got an E-mail that i got pushed AGAIN to post-Q2. NOW I got an e-mail AGAIN today saying im getting mine Q3. THIS IS BULLSHIT. I could've been one of the 1st to get one last week.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."