Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
I know I won't get it but I'd like an Underworld remix of this track. Or a Chemical remix. Someone to give it a bit of darkness or 'oomph'.
Out today. There's an extended version on Beatport.

Mella Dee - Riptide (feat. Bernard Sumner of New Order)

While I'm here, here's another track from Mella Dee. This one samples Little Dragon.

Mella Dee 'Find Love Yourself'
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: cowboy on Feb 03, 2023, 17:58
Diagram Girl - Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve

This track is pretty great.

Quote from: MadPooter on Mar 11, 2023, 09:18
This track is pretty great.

I think I wore out the MP3 copy of The Soft Bounce album I had on my phone back in 2016.
And for some reason, my random brain recalls this too:

https://twitter.com/erolalkan/status/718009708158836736

EDIT: ah maybe this is why my useless brain recalls the above.
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2023, 15:06 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Everything But The Girl - Nothing Left To Lose (Four Tet Remix)

no idea, no idea

David Holmes put out a couple of tracks in 2021/22 which I missed at the time.

David Holmes - Hope Is The Last Thing To Die (Featuring Raven Violet)

Comes with remixes from Daniel Avery, Die Hexen & Ruth Bate, and Timmy Stewart, plus an extended original mix. All on YouTube.

Co-written with Noel Gallagher:
David Holmes - It's Over, If We Run Out Of Love (Featuring Raven Violet)

Comes with remixes from Darren Emerson, Lovefingers And Heidi Lawden (2 mixes), Working Mens Club, Hardway Bros (2 mixes)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Caroline Polachek - Smoke

no idea, no idea

at the risk of being a hyperbolic fanboy, I think Kid Koala's new album is some of his best work to date.

I'm totally in love with this song in particular - When U Say Love.

Yes Leftfield , soundsystem rockin with this festival banger ,  . . . 

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

A deliciously smooth and exotic offering from Portico Quartet . . 

Interesting track, using the Chems as a sample source  ;D 

ABSOLUTE.
FUCKING.
BANGER.
:L
Last Edit: Apr 28, 2023, 23:11 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 28, 2023, 22:51
ABSOLUTE.
FUCKING.
BANGER.
:L

Tour de France Etape 2
Spoiler
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2023, 01:26 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 29, 2023, 00:42
Tour de France Etape 2
Spoiler

EXACTLY.

I'm completely enamoured by the whole thing.

Double ConMan post. Sorry (but not at all really  8) )

Was in Camden's Cyberdog on Friday. I guess they were playing Tribal/Deep House on their big-ass soundsystem. These two tracks caught my ear.

Cee ElAssaad - Sacred Chant (Rocco Rodamaal Remix)

Kato Change - Abiro (Da Capo's Dub Mix)

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 29, 2023, 00:42
Tour de France Etape 2
Spoiler
Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 29, 2023, 02:29
EXACTLY.

I'm completely enamoured by the whole thing.

So following my suggestion here that ConMan's "Holiday" may have taken "Kinetic" by Orbital side project, Golden Girls and plonked their own song on top, you guys are suggesting something similar for this new track?
Is that what Confidence Man do? They 'con' us into thinking they've come up with a new track by taking someone else's groove/riff and writing their own song on top?
I guess as long as everybody has fun and nobody gets hurt, that's fair enough...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 01, 2023, 17:17
So following my suggestion here that ConMan's "Holiday" may have taken "Kinetic" by Orbital side project, Golden Girls and plonked their own song on top, you guys are suggesting something similar for this new track?
Is that what Confidence Man do? They 'con' us into thinking they've come up with a new track by taking someone else's groove/riff and writing their own song on top?
I guess as long as everybody has fun and nobody gets hurt, that's fair enough...
If we're OK with what Daft Punk did, I think it's perfectly acceptable for ConMan to, in essence, yoink the vibe from another track and (at least in my opinion) give a fresh new perspective. I guess the controversy comes from acknowledging the original or not, right?

While there is an obvious source of inspiration from TDF in that new track of theirs (I actually give the credit to Mr Avery for that particular synth sound; it's way more in his palette than anything ConMan have put out), they are certainly not the first to reference it - and by the time the 'chorus' comes in (again, at least for me) I'm not thinking about anything close to Kraftwerk. I'm just dancing my ass off and riling up my dog - who I think must have been re-incarnated from one of the towns folks of Bomont in Footloose.

The Hives are BACK with a new explosive single,  including a music video homage to Evil Dead  ::Y

[WARNING]: some aggressive gore

Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 02:32 by Bosco

Four Tet - Three Drums

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 04, 2023, 13:01
Four Tet - Three Drums

Absolutely love this new Four Tet track. Played it 100 times at least. Utterly gorgeous 
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Digging through some old mp3 players i'd lost , then found again recently , and checking to see what tracks still hold up today , nearly 20 years later , Tracking Treasure Down , . . still a tune from 2004