Block Rockin' Beats [Single Version]
0 (0%)
Elektrobank [Full Lenght]
0 (0%)
Get Up On It Like This [Loops Of Fury E.P.]
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

MY BODY WAS NOT READY FOR LOWLANDS!

The feeling that Im getting listening to this is when I saw them live for the first time. I'm really getting knocked back to the 90's with this set.

2 weeks till I get my DYOH copy! I see that some already got theirs!

From the pics I've seen, its beautiful!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

For anyone who gets the LP soon, can they confirm if there is a download code and if yes, does it include the Lowlands set?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2022, 12:07

Ooh Chemical Beats going for a Higher State of Consciousness "tribute".
I don't usually listen to old live stuff (-more interested in new live stuff).
But maybe I should...

I have previously expressed not-so-positive thoughts about Setting Sun live at Glastonbury (TPPR single). But perhaps the live version from that time works better within the context of the show than it does when you just play it by itself.

What's the vocal around 4 mins into Mind Response? "I'm jiggy now I've seen her"??

"I'm taking LSD"
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Ooh Chemical Beats going for a Higher State of Consciousness "tribute".

Speaking of tributes. In the "directors commentary" that T&E did for DYOH in 2012 (that was then slighty edited for this year's Blessed Madonna radio show), Tom mentions the tribute to Joey Beltram's Energy Flash in the title track. You can hear it around 1:47 to 2:16 on the track. He also mentions how the bassline from Doin It After Dark influenced DYOH (the track). The lower bassline bubbling along the bottom.

Worth a listen if anyone here hasn't yet. Link still available on page 3 of this thread.
Also the slightly longer version is still stream-able on the BBC website if you're able to access it from your location...

What's the vocal around 4 mins into Mind Response? "I'm jiggy now I've seen her"??
Quote from: hstn on Jul 29, 2022, 18:26

"I'm taking LSD"

Ahh, hence previous references to this. Mind you, I think I prefer my slightly radical 'interpretation' of the line.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 29, 2022, 14:43

MY BODY WAS NOT READY FOR LOWLANDS!

The feeling that Im getting listening to this is when I saw them live for the first time. I'm really getting knocked back to the 90's with this set.

When did you see them back then? Around 1997?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I hear "I'm taking LSD Here."

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 29, 2022, 10:47

I guess we could embed all the YT vids, although that would make it a long-ass post...

I'll compile them into a playlist on the archive channel here in a few seconds

Edit: and here she is
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA9jHw9416T-l_RpnliFH6fmiE05ooEEZ
Last Edit: Jul 29, 2022, 23:55 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Absolutely blown away by the Lowlands recording. Holy shit.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 29, 2022, 23:38

Absolutely blown away by the Lowlands recording. Holy shit.

Words to describe it are clean and raw!

Wait a sec! Does anyone know if this lowlands recording was ever released before? If not, I question the timing of this release which is close to the new 25th DYOH album.

I bet ( or in theory) the lowlands recording was supposed to be on the DYOH 25th album/ CD

Wild guess.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

for some reason when I read the email announcement I expected the lowlands gig to be a free download but I guess it's just free on youtube? perhaps when I get my LP the download link will include it.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 30, 2022, 01:50
I bet ( or in theory) the lowlands recording was supposed to be on the DYOH 25th album/ CD

Wild guess.

are you drunk?

Quote from: shakermaker on Jul 30, 2022, 05:26

for some reason when I read the email announcement I expected the lowlands gig to be a free download but I guess it's just free on youtube? perhaps when I get my LP the download link will include it.

If it's not included, and people want to own it in Lossless, then Qobuz might have you covered.

I'm kinda thinking this Lowlands surprise has turned out to be the best thing about the DYOH anniversary.
Last Edit: Jul 31, 2022, 16:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

IT ARRIVED! I got number 351 / 1997.

great work to the production team for getting it in my hands, in USA, just two days after release.

no download code in sight though... c'mon guys, how many times do you expect me to buy this album?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 31, 2022, 16:18

I'm kinda thinking this Lowlands surprise has turned out to be the best thing about the DYOH anniversary.

Seriously is. I'm not largely familiar with some of the older live bootleg recordings, so all of this is a pretty fresh experience.

I now have a better understanding of why stubborn nearsighted fans from the early days basically rejected anything post- 'Dig Your Own Hole'. Good Lord, this is one fierce set!

Disappointed to find out that my Air Pod Pros let the bass crackle on 'Three Little Birdies Down Beats' and 'Elektrobank'. Can anybody confirm these as weak points in the recording? Either way, the bass crackling clicked fond memories of myself at 17 cruising in my shitty White Chrysler LeBaron convertible (... yup, just like the CAKE song), blasting said tunes on a low performing ghetto sound system at like 2 in the morning.

The title track (DYOH) with the "Base 6" interlude/breakdown is phenomenal. What a fucking gift!

I have no clue why this is not a separate release. This is way too hot to be an afterthought on an anniversary release. Tom and Ed, if you're reading this please consider a limited "physical" release for Black Friday or Record Store Day.

Thanks Tom and Ed!

You need some older sets, Bosco?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think I still have access to Ben_j's public folder. I'll come back to you if I'm craving something I can't get access to from the past. Thanks for asking.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 31, 2022, 16:18

If it's not included, and people want to own it in Lossless, then Qobuz might have you covered.

As much as I love Lowlands - it's much more interesting than the newly released mixes and indeed the absolute highlight of the anniversary edition - it's really kinda disappointing that it's neither released on CD/LP nor included as download. I already paid EUR 120 (incl. shipping, VAT & handling) for 3LP+2CD+Polaroids from the official store and now I'm gonna have to shelve out another EUR 25 for the download version...

It's frustrating, but let's keep in mind, there was no deception here. It wasn't known that the Lowlands set was part of the digital release until the actual release date.

Why they added this last minute, I don't know. Like I mentioned before, this would have been a significant release on its own. And now it seems like it, more-or-less, will be buried into obscurity.

I'm with everyone else. The Lowlands set blew my mind! It is available via Apple Music and I've pretty much listened to it every day. And also, it sounds so crisp! This is the era in which I discovered the Brothers and is exactly the sound and vibe I fell in love with!

THIS is what should be included on a CD reissue, along with remasters and remixes or b-sides. I am lukewarm on most of the 4 alt versions, and would have been much more likely to pay for another disc if this set was included. As it is, I'm listening with a service I already pay for and haven't dropped cash on the DYOH 25th Anniversary...and I wanted to.

I am considering buying this set on digital, but again, I already pay for a service that provides it. There is really little incentive other than supporting the artist...an artist and management team that has put little to no excitement into this anniversary package. Sorry/not sorry on that. A last minute extra release doesn't cut it, no matter how amazing it is.

EDIT - Yes, the Brothers move forward, not back, and I respect that. But the Surrender set was incredible. And yes, perhaps CDs are for dinosaurs...but this was re-released on CD. The Lowlands content should have been included as incentive to buy the content again.
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2022, 19:03 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Well, when they first announced, that there will be only 5 bonus tracks I was like: I have the regular one already, so I'll just buy that 5 bonus tracks and made them into small separate EP.
And then they dropped the Lowlands, that I thought for a moment to be some kind of bonus CD material, but it wasn't so I've just bought all of that bonus material on beatport anyway, making them into 3 separate thingies. :P
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Holy Shit that Lowlands version of It Doesn't Matter  :o

Incredible set, weird choice to cut out the Reel.
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2022, 17:03 by Stefan

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 04, 2022, 16:49
Incredible set, weird choice to cut out the Reel.

Exactly. I think most of us are wondering what the reason is for this decision.

Every day I've listened and wondered if dropping TPPR is a fair trade for the early appearance of HBHG/Mind:Response. Hearing the test material as part of this set is incredible, and we all know how TPPR sounds in a live set. So yeah, I'll take it as it came. But still, it's the frickin' REEL, man!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?