Your Love Is Lifting Me

Jamiroquai

Started by Csar, Jan 27, 2017, 11:54

Previous topic - Next topic
A new approach for him. I like it. And no, I don't think it sounds like Daft Punk.

Last Edit: Jan 27, 2017, 12:00 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 27, 2017, 11:54

And no, I don't think it sounds like Daft Punk.

But it obviously really does.

And the Scissor Sisters too I think.

I like it. It took a while to get my head round the synth in the verses - really interesting choice to have it not play route notes in a traditional way.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

why not the complete video?

Jamiroquai - Automaton

I somehow like the song, but it doesn't sound like Jamiroquai. When i think about Jamiroquai, the first songs that get into my mind are Too Young To Die, Space Cowboy & Alright. But on the other hand, listening to Deeper Underground for the first time was nearly as weird and it becomes one of their best songs.
Last Edit: Jan 27, 2017, 21:25 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Geez, I thought I had copied the link of the entire video (because this was supposed to be the purpose of this thread of course).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Love that he is back after all these years, unable to listen at the moment but looking forward to hearing his different direction.

Oh by the way...I'm back too!  ;D
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Okay so I listened, I feel a grower coming on...
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Interesting track, I really like the part at 3:10

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 27, 2017, 18:18

really interesting choice to have it not play route notes in a traditional way.
What about root notes?  8)
(I bet music teachers hate being corrected on stuff like this!)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 27, 2017, 21:13

I somehow like the song, but it doesn't sound like Jamiroquai.
Thank god.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jan 28, 2017, 12:23

What about root notes?  8)
(I bet music teachers hate being corrected on stuff like this!)

As a former music teacher I can tell you that it's really OK.

My bad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08dm04l

At 2:06:00 comes the full length world premiere of Cloud 9
no idea, no idea

Yum.

And yet more Daft Punk vibes. But a suitable retro funk style, y'know, because it's been JK's thing since day one rather than a stupid idea from Thomas and Guy-Manuel.

Did I mention I'm not a fan of RAM?

Who would have thought 20 years ago that Daft Punk would become Jamiroquai 2.0 and Jamiroquai would become Daft Punk 2.0, and Jamiroquai would be on top?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 11, 2017, 17:57

And yet more Daft Punk vibes. But a suitable retro funk style, y'know, because it's been JK's thing since day one rather than a stupid idea from Thomas and Guy-Manuel.

Yes, people are giving this idea with the new material, but I think is the other way around, Daft Punk went to the funky vibes. This was the style of Jamiroquai since the dawn of time.

Have seen them last week in Düsseldorf and it somehow was great. They've played mostly every classic (i only missed Deeper Underground and Half The Man) and a nice choice of newer ones. But i paid 50€ and they played only one encore (virtual insanity). Concerts are getting expansive these days.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jamiroquai/2017/mitsubishi-electric-halle-dusseldorf-germany-6be0be42.html
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2017, 19:52 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Has any of you the full length version of Twenty Zero One (08:29min),
Wikipedia named it 'uncut', released on the test pressing of A Funk Odyssey? Or at least, pm me a link where to get it? Haven't found it on YT oder SC, but maybe i have searched wrong...
no idea, no idea