For That Beautiful Feeling

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Interesting..

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

That Let Forever Be cover is an interesting concept that Tom and Ed should look into.

Sounds like they mimic Terry Riley's "A Rainbow in Curved Air" (which we know they are a fan of).

and while we are on covers, here is one that I'm suprised sounds pretty good:

Quote from: Bosco on May 05, 2017, 21:53

That Let Forever Be cover is an interesting concept that Tom and Ed should look into.

Sounds like they mimic Terry Riley's "A Rainbow in Curved Air" (which we know they are a fan of).
Yeah, I really dig that LFB cover. Her voice and the overall instrumentation fits it pretty nicely. And yes, now that you mention it, it does resemble Riley's Rainbow a bit :).
As for the other clips, I like how this band stays quite truthful to the originals and yet is able to put on their own mark, giving it all a nice live band kind of vibe.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So they asked me to work at my university's commencement

Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 17:05 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 13, 2017, 17:17

So they asked me to work at my university's commencement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ivo7H6wUQdE

Where's the follow up vid in where you sequed into EV!  ;D
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Best part - the photographer was so psyched about me playing it, at the end he ran across the room to thank me for making his day.

He also appreciated Filter's Take a Picture.

When the Management majors were filing in I played MGMT - Congratulations (the Erol remix), but I don't know if anyone got the pun.
Never for money, always for love.

You get a summa cum laude for pulling that off, Whitenoise! Did you actually play this through to the end?
That photographer should get one too! He's very well educated. :D
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 14, 2017, 17:06

He also appreciated Filter's Take a Picture.

Why not Hey Man Nice Shot?
no idea, no idea

Music:Response on 6 Music
no idea, no idea

French TV talking about Manchester, its concerts and music scene, saying that The Chemical Brothers are from there. Not the best context for a Chemical Spotting :/

Let Us Build A City during the interval at Life of Galileo...
More about that later  ;)

Last Edit: Jun 13, 2017, 16:57 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

4 seconds of SIFSD in a documentation about BBQing on german television
no idea, no idea

It's Monday morning and Lauren Laverne's show on BBC 6 Music starts with Star Guitar. I have no idea why everyone hates Mondays...
no idea, no idea

Guess Mitsubishi couldn't afford to license the original...

Last Edit: Aug 27, 2017, 06:12 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jun 11, 2017, 21:13

(this video courtesy of Explud & Ultimate Pelmeni in the Chems In Advertising thread)

I knew that had been posted somewhere but I was so excited to share when I saw the commercial on TV last night that I just bumbled through the forum on my phone to find a place to post it.
Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017, 02:18 by Enjoyed
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Hey Enjoyed, you managed to edit my post with your comment!! This is very confusing!!

IN other news, I've been watching Ill Behaviour on TV. The third and final episode was on BBC2 last night.
A sort of dramady about three friends, one of whom gets kidnapped by the other two so that they can force feed him chemotherapy because he has Hodgkin's lymphoma but thinks he can cure himself with fruit juice.
Surely Wildchild's Renegade Master popped up somewhere, I hear you cry. Well no, although Ill Behaviour by Danny Bird did make an appearance.

Anyway this Chemical spot isn't about how Anjana Vasan from Life of Galileo made an appearance as a dodgy pharmacist in episodes 1 and 3 (although she did). It's about the book that "Tess" was writing whilst in the remote country house where she was helping to force chemo on her friend. Supposedly she was writing a Sci-Fi book about robot romance or something, but in the end it seems she wrote a book about her kidnapping & chemo escapades:

IT'S MORNING TIME!