I'm Dancing In the Shadow of Love

Chemical Spotting

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jul 05, 2015, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Sort of a chemical spotting moment during this CNN broadcast

Sympathy for the Devil guitar riff.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Whatever negative comments I may have made about Gravity Drops in the past can be put aside for a moment. It works quite nicely as a music bed on a politics programme.

https://twitter.com/bbcthisweek/status/1141840010020364288

Whoever picks the music for this show seems to like electronic music as they've used Daniel Avery more than once in the past. Adds a bit of colour to an often dry broadcast.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

that looks like an excact copy of the tonight show studio but with the russian version of jimmy kimmel - and they are playing british dance music at 1:35 :o  :D
no idea, no idea

Found this street art in an alley in Brighton last month. Accompanied by lots of other anti-Brexit and anti-Trump images. The similarity to Galvanize is pretty undeniable. Hopefully T&E would be proud.

Edit: forgive the rotated photo can't figure that one out!

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jun 29, 2019, 20:08

Found this street art in an alley in Brighton last month. Accompanied by lots of other anti-Brexit and anti-Trump images. The similarity to Galvanize is pretty undeniable. Hopefully T&E would be proud.
You ever searched Google images for Mai 1968 posters (relating to the Paris protests/riots in '68)?
One of the websites is this one featuring the phrase "La beaute est dans la rue"; a slogan written on the wall in the Out Of Control video which was five years before Push The Button and it's singles. And the poster image involves something being thrown, like in the OOC video.
You'll find the Galvanize anvil image Here.
You'll probably spot some other familiar imagery too like the cogs from the Live 05 EP, the "chimney fisting" image, Tom's tank t-shirt image etc...
I went on an anti-austerity march in London in 2017 and also the anti-Brexit march earlier this year. On both of them I spotted placards with May '68 style imagery. It's a bit of a thing apparently.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

watching Waterboy (the most Southern USA movie I ever seen) for the first time, got excited at 2:24:
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Ah yes, that late '90s period when BRB was overused in tv/film because it worked well to show action / machoism / aggression. Am I remembering wrong or was it also used in one of the Charlie's angels films in the same respect?

I'd agree with you on the water boy being the most southern USA movie I've seen. Strangely, even though it's an absurdist comedy, it does reflect my experiences interacting with the culture (in positive ways) in the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida in the past.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Smack My Bitch Up and Ya Mama are definitely in Charlie's Angels. I think Lunatic Calm too? I don't remember BRB, though it's been a hefty while since I've seen it.
There's some great musical moments in that movie. Baracuda and Marvin Gaye's 'Got To Give It Up' stand out in my memory!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 02, 2019, 11:57
You ever searched Google images for Mai 1968 posters (relating to the Paris protests/riots in '68)?
One of the websites is this one featuring the phrase "La beaute est dans la rue"; a slogan written on the wall in the Out Of Control video which was five years before Push The Button and it's singles. And the poster image involves something being thrown, like in the OOC video.
You'll find the Galvanize anvil image Here.
You'll probably spot some other familiar imagery too like the cogs from the Live 05 EP, the "chimney fisting" image, Tom's tank t-shirt image etc...
I went on an anti-austerity march in London in 2017 and also the anti-Brexit march earlier this year. On both of them I spotted placards with May '68 style imagery. It's a bit of a thing apparently.
Thanks for the tips on these posters and the chems connection. Very cool! Looking forward to digging into this stuff more!

Started listening to Ownage prank's calls again after seeing his face reveal. During one of his graphics at 1:41, I recognize a familiar crowd in a familiar club from a familiar video.

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Self imposed Chemical Spotting here...

As some of you know, my wife and I recently opened up a community ceramics studio here in Portland, OR. Think of it like a gym where people pay a monthly membership to come and use pottery equipment, in a creative community space, with lots of open hours and space to work on their art and store everything during the whole process.
Anywho, along with a number of Chemical tunes embedded into the studio playlist, and a wi-fi password named after a certain BRB b-side, there is one other piece of Chemical infiltration I have managed to get away with...

Our studio has two kilns (basically big stone ovens that we fire at around 2300° to vitrify ceramic pieces) and when we first started using them, we were looking for a way to differentiate between the two. It took some convincing, but our two kilns are now affectionately known as George & Mildred.

Unfortunately, despite having clearly different names, my wife often forgets which kiln is which. So I made these...

I would love to do some extreme pottery in such a creative environment. You should definitely consider displaying some of your work here Enjoyed.

Ok, I haven't touched clay since high school ceramics. I guess I can probably start doing simple stuff like a coffee mug for now. That's very cool of you and your wife to open up a place to share some art space.

WiFi password? Easy! MorningLemon
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Über cool! How did you make these?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 02, 2019, 11:39

Über cool! How did you make these?
Designed in Illustrator, printed on sticker paper using my friend's printer.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 02, 2019, 06:05

You should definitely consider displaying some of your work here Enjoyed.
I actually only really dabble in clay myself. My wife is the real ceramicist.

I have made a few mugs with my graphic design logo on the front, which I'm pretty chuffed with. I also just started making the medallions from Ocarina of Time. The shadow medallion took me 3 hours... I'm trying to find more time to work on things but there's always stuff to be dealing with running a business! We're loving it though. And have been super lucky with our reception in the pottery world and the city as a whole.

George and Mildred seem pretty happy too ;)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 02, 2019, 06:05

WiFi password? Easy! MorningLemon
:-X

Great work, Enjoyed. And I am happy your business is doing well!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Grrr. Spotting of the worse kind. While watching the Forest Hills recording, YT recommended a David Guetta performance at Tomorrowland from this year. So I paused the Chems for a moment just to skip through that video in order to confirm myself why I love the Chems so much and the first mark I click is this:

What are the odds...
— Aurora (The Seed)

David Guetta & MORTEN - Hey Boy Hey Girl
What a bastard..
Hi Kevin!

Forgive me if this was posted before, but this is less a chemical spotting and more a team behind the chems spotting, I was looking through Kate Tabor's instagram and found that she and Adam collaborated in making this music video for Plan B, a Chemical but not Chemical visual!

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

wonder if this was reference for Got to Keep on's music video. ::)