Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Reminds me some Depeche Mode

Hi Kevin!

^ Her new album is easily my pick for album of the year.

tune that got me thru this month

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Whether this is part of a song (I don't recognise yet) from the album or a song yet to be released its cool to watch this guy create a song in his pad:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Odonis Odonis - Check My Profile

Quote from: Explud on Oct 17, 2017, 21:00

St. Vincent - Los Angeles
I like her videos. The video for Digital Witness is what the video for Go should have looked like.

edit: that new taylor swift video must be expensive =>
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2017, 06:08 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

An hour of acid from AcidWorx. Including "Random Jack" By Erhalder which featured in the Chems OGR Turin set two weeks ago (35.30 - 40.40) and indeed the other three tracks from his Slack Jack EP.

https://soundcloud.com/erhalder/acidworx-label-mix-may-2017-slackjackerz-023
IT'S MORNING TIME!

There's a new Noel Gallagher album coming, produced by David Holmes, and it's really promising

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 02, 2017, 10:40

There's a new Noel Gallagher album coming, produced by David Holmes, and it's really promising
Oh that is pretty good. I wonder if it will be a bit of a false dawn though.
David Holmes is looking older than I remember. Y'know...Y'know.
What's that communion bells/fire alarm sound that starts around 1.50 and stops around 3.52? I think I want to strip it out.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Didn't know the actress Charlotte Gainsbourg also makes music. Haven't listened to anything else from her yet, but this song is fantastic:

The reason why I became aware of it: Soulwax remixed the song.

I'm on board with a forum playlist or something that will make it easier to navigate through tunes we are listening to. I am on a computer all day for work so in my spare time I don't want to be sitting at a computer - I am usually on a tablet or phone, and I love this thread but it is difficult and cumbersome to load.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

!!!!!!

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 11, 2017, 15:17

I'm on board with a forum playlist or something that will make it easier to navigate through tunes we are listening to. I am on a computer all day for work so in my spare time I don't want to be sitting at a computer - I am usually on a tablet or phone, and I love this thread but it is difficult and cumbersome to load.
Maybe someone can write a bot that automatically adds links posted here to a playlist? There has to be a framework that can handle mixed media (youtube / soundcloud / whatever) and just play audio. I swear there's something like it for a few Reddit communities.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 15, 2017, 12:01

!!!!!!

Might have to have a go at doing a remix of that one...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 15, 2017, 18:54

Might have to have a go at doing a remix of that one...
I'm a bastard. I'll just sample this one for my demos.

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: MIKL on Oct 24, 2017, 10:21

Whether this is part of a song (I don't recognise yet) from the album or a song yet to be released its cool to watch this guy create a song in his pad:

So it turns out the above was a new track (well unreleased) its an instrumental which is nice. And the below was the first created before the rest of the album took shape:

For some reason I get an Exit Planet Dust vibe from these songs too.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Nov 17, 2017, 13:58

So it turns out the above was a new track (well unreleased)
Ah ok Tame Impala re-released Currents yesterday as a deluxe type thing with bonus tracks, what ...two years after the album came out?
Seems like a long gap. Mind you, Arcade Fire did something similar with Reflektor (digitally) which I totally missed at the time.
The tracks seem to be available on quite a few "sharing" websites, and they're on
. Your second YT video seems to be blocked now on Copyright grounds. But this one with all the bonus tracks currently works:

Speaking of unavailable videos and Spotify, from the "Radiate"/BITE thread:
Quote from: Bosco on Oct 17, 2017, 06:42

I just finished watching the docu-series Defiant Ones on HBO and this stuck out like a sore thumb when it was played in the background:
"Possibilities Are Endless" - Atticus Ross
I was convinced, before doing some research, this was an un-credited, alternate version of Radiate.
This is also
Last Edit: Nov 18, 2017, 12:17 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I didn't actually come here to post about Tame Impala, so that's my excuse for a double post on this thread.

From the flawed but watchable Kevin Costner/Gal Gadot film, Criminal (2016) which I streamed last night, something that may appeal to M83 fans. Or piss them off.
Madsonik - Drift And Fall Again

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 17, 2017, 17:58

Really dig the new MGMT

I found it weird at first but it grew on me and I love it now