Greek Theater - May 16 - Los Angeles
10 (62.5%)
Bill Graham Auditorium - May 17 - San Francisco
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: rynostar on May 04, 2019, 02:47

Can we say then that drivers now equal

Pooter
W/ Biff, AndroidGeoff, that English fucker (enjoyed I assume), and the extra friend.

and now bosco is out I read . I can attempt to look at a rental and driving.
Should we try to loop white noise (+wife), Conn6orsuper117, inchem on this vehicle? (Add yourself in reply if you want in)

As for pre-show, after party, any and all shenanigans...of course I'm in. The only things I may have to do extra is a journey to amoeba and a space invader hunt in LA.

Enterprise has some deals with unlimited mileage ( a good thing) we need a car size that sits 6 people (me, ryno, WN+1,Conn6orsuper117+1) A van can also work as well!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 27, 2019, 01:32

My wife is only coming to the Greek show.
We have family in Whittier/Fullerton so will be staying and hopefully getting around with them mostly, though I'm foreseeing us needing to get into LA somehow - so happy to try and figure out transport with others if that helps at all.
I'll almost certainly be looking for a way to get to the PRESHOW EAT, DRINK 'N' MEET on the 15th too.

It's only myself heading up to San Francisco, the missus is flying back from LA. So just 1 spot required for that trip.

Also, pretty sure Pooter is driving. But I should let him confirm 100%.

Jim and I would be delighted to carpool/pick you up and bring you back to your families. Will reach out! :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Bosco on May 04, 2019, 02:43

No after party that I'm aware of. When I spoke of one earlier, I was selfishly trying to inspire some kind of celebratory toast after the chems 3 night run.

That said, disappointed to say I won't be making the trip out to Cali and joining the festivities. Bummed I'll be missing out on all the Chemical camaraderie. Been a while since I've seen a lot of you, and some I still need to meet!

We love you ❤️

To Bosco

Don't throw in the towel yet!

Anything can happen between now and next week! There's still time left!

I still believe!

appreciate all the sentiments, guys and gals.

Without his permission, I'm volunteering Androidgeoff to be my spirit surrogate. So make sure he raves twice as hard!

@Inchem
Haha, I'm afraid it's time for me to move on from any aspirations I had for this trip. There's a lot of issues that are conflicting with my desire to be there with you guys. It's just not the right time for me. I'm not giving up hope seeing them this tour though. My focus is now on trying to prepare for my second chance with the NY show. In the meantime, I'll be eagerly awaiting for all the reviews and scuttlebutt upon everyone's return.

The positive side of all of this, I don't have to shield myself from any spoilers. I'll be indulging on videos as soon as the Mexican dates hit!
Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:13 by Bosco

me and bosco before the trip
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our logistics re: pre show meet up on the 15th - My husband is working that day so we might not be able to make it in time before the show. We aren't coming from too far away (orange country) But Los Angeles traffic on a weekday is kind of a thing.

We're days away from showtime so I'm gonna just put this out there. For those who might need transportation to SF, here's a preliminary idea. ( Also want to share this with ryno as an another option since hes also looking into a rental

If were gonna get to SF by driving, we need to choose a time to leave from LA to SF. First off, maybe we should all meet up at the rental place so we can get the vehicle. If not, we need to find a place where the driver can pick us up all at once instead of playing taxi and driving to place to place to pick up all of us. We're all scattered in different hotel's or other places.

Anyway,I made a reservation for a minivan (fits 7) at the Enterprise rental located near LAX. I choose this one because they're open 24/7 and have a bigger selection of vehicles. So far, for a one day rental is 110 bucks (tax included). So for example, if we leave at 11am, we must return the vehicle the next day at 11am. This includes unlimited mileage.( More details about toll booths soon)

But since we're gonna have the SF post-show party, we're pretty much gonna sleep late and wake up late. If that's the case, then it looks like we're going to have to return the vehicle past the 11am deadline. Enterprise will then charge the vehicle for a 2 day rental instead of 1. The cost of this is 210 bucks

I know that everything is not set in stone as we are planning to get to SF yet. Things might change, or maybe they're other ideas for a rental, or maybe you might change your mind and use your own vehicle or other means of transportation. Maybe you have a certain budget in mind and it's too costly. We all understand and we won't force you to do this. Remember, love is all!

There's still time till the show! Everything I posted is to give a general idea if we are all committed to doing the drive together. Please add any ideas or feedback. I can't be the only one!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 07, 2019, 01:19

We're days away from showtime so I'm gonna just put this out there. For those who might need transportation to SF, here's a preliminary idea. ( Also want to share this with ryno as an another option since hes also looking into a rental

If were gonna get to SF by driving, we need to choose a time to leave from LA to SF. First off, maybe we should all meet up at the rental place so we can get the vehicle. If not, we need to find a place where the driver can pick us up all at once instead of playing taxi and driving to place to place to pick up all of us. We're all scattered in different hotel's or other places.

Anyway,I made a reservation for a minivan (fits 7) at the Enterprise rental located near LAX. I choose this one because they're open 24/7 and have a bigger selection of vehicles. So far, for a one day rental is 110 bucks (tax included). So for example, if we leave at 11am, we must return the vehicle the next day at 11am. This includes unlimited mileage.( More details about toll booths soon)

But since we're gonna have the SF post-show party, we're pretty much gonna sleep late and wake up late. If that's the case, then it looks like we're going to have to return the vehicle past the 11am deadline. Enterprise will then charge the vehicle for a 2 day rental instead of 1. The cost of this is 210 bucks

I know that everything is not set in stone as we are planning to get to SF yet. Things might change, or maybe they're other ideas for a rental, or maybe you might change your mind and use your own vehicle or other means of transportation. Maybe you have a certain budget in mind and it's too costly. We all understand and we won't force you to do this. Remember, love is all!

There's still time till the show! Everything I posted is to give a general idea if we are all committed to doing the drive together. Please add any ideas or feedback. I can't be the only one!

This is a good post for you guys that are carpooling/caravaning from South to North.

Another option if not meeting at the car rental place, is the driver come on your own and everyone meet at a 24 hour restaurant in LA (Canter's, maybe?? It's there, there's food, the food has carbs, there's usually seating in early hours, but I don't know how crowded it is these days) Pick a reasonable window of time to meet up, then still show a little bit early if you can.  You guys are gonna want to have a sit-down eat, lots of cheap ass coffee to fuel you, and a chance to get some food in you before you hit the road.

Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:29 by whirlygirl

I am easy to do either option (meet at rental or meet at 24 hour place with vehicle).

Inchem, as you have made a reservation for the van, I'll pause for now on further booking. We could pick up the vehicle immediately after the 2nd show from lax.

As per whirlys idea, Have everyone meet early at a 24 hour spot in the early morning, say 7 am or so. Leave around 8 at latest as the journey will take us 7-8 hours (adding stoppage time). Show "starts" at 8 in sf meaning that if we're at sfo by 3-4 we should be in good time.

My initial thought was to drive direct to sfo, drop off the vehicle there, and Bart/Uber into downtown to hotels/places we're staying/show.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I'm also happy to go with either option. Fern and I are definitely onboard for this plan.

And I second Ryno's proposal - drop the rental off before the show, then use city transit to get around afterwards, so we won't have to worry about parking or 2-day rental fees. Though, I'm not sure we need to leave so early! 10am sounds fine and in good time to me - arrive around 6pm, get to the auditorium by 7. Not to make decisions for you guys or anything, but Bill Graham I do not mind getting there just as doors open since it'll be the third show in three days for me.

Also wanted to ask, as my budget for this trip grows tighter... does anyone have a couch or floor they're willing to let me stay on for the week in LA and SF, for any night(s)? I'm in the LA area traveling solo on the nights 10th-13th, Fern joins 14th-16th, then both of us will be in the SF area 17th-19th. We're good guests!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: rynostar on May 07, 2019, 12:19

My initial thought was to drive direct to sfo, drop off the vehicle there,

I wish it could work that way. Enterprise works by picking up and returning the vehicle at the same location only..

But if we pick up the vehicle and drop it off at any San Francisco enterprise (or any other location), you are charged a 'drop off' fee!

The drop off fee is $156.00 from the website.  I already called about this and got the same answer.

That quote seems off for one day! I've been exhaustingly researching transport over the past few weeks and I was pulling mini-van price for a single day and it was like ~$75 for LAX->SFO (minus any added accident coverage.)

Try Kayak.com and check out the various rates.

Your particular Enterprise location your selecting might be limited on vehicles so they'll tack on an additional charge for different drop off location. Typically airport rental locations are well stocked and prepared for car exchanges between airports.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is your best rate is probably out of LAX.

Quote from: Bosco on May 08, 2019, 02:25

Your particular Enterprise location your selecting might be limited on vehicles so they'll tack on an additional charge for different drop off location. Typically airport rental locations are well stocked and prepared for car exchanges between airports.

Yep your right Bosco! I checked my current reservation and editted it by calling their 1800 number, and I talked to someone who was trying to help out with the trip.

Ok I got an answer, but I wanna double check and call enterprise later on tonight so there's no misunderstanding, but this is the answer I got...

From Lax to SFO (sf airport),
either pick up the vehicle on the 17 and drop off on the 18th.
OR
Do the one-way, from Lax and drop off at SFO the same day...

TOTAL COST $66.11
NO DROP OFF FEE!

Fyi: this reservation is for the minivan for 7 passengers and a tentative pick up time of 11am at LAX. I'm gonna call the SF enterprise at the airport and see if they give me the same answer as the guy I talked to on the phone so there's no discrepancy.

Edit: I'm at work and it's been busy so I'll try and call later tonight.
Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:58 by inchemwetrust

UPDATE

We're clear for take off. Nothing had changed from the last post.66 bucks for the one way trip!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/356c5R3mTQTycZzz9

So with that being said, and things are still not set in stone,
Let's discuss driving there! Anyone interested? We can take turns. I don't mind driving and then switching during breaks.

Does anyone have a check-in time for their hotel's they're staying in when arriving in SF? Mine is at 3pm

I know we haven't gotten this squared away but I think we should pick up the vehicle as said on the reservation. To answer rynos question earlier. I am using my car to get to the greek show and going back home to recharge as usual. I wouldnt be able to pickup the van with the extra car with me.

Please talk amongst yourselves. Everything I said is just an idea and not set in stone. do feel free to give feedback, ideas, etc.

Btw, Does everyone have a plan on getting home after the SF show? I assume everyone in our group is going to SFO to fly back home. Im not sure how I'm gonna get home but I'll figure that out eventually.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 08, 2019, 20:55

Btw, Does everyone have a plan on getting home after the SF show? I assume everyone in our group is going to SFO to fly back home. Im not sure how I'm gonna get home but I'll figure that out eventually.
I'm gonna stay for another day to go sight seeing (Alcatraz), then Imma catch the flight back on sunday.
I dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but where should we all meet up before the show.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 08, 2019, 21:42

I dunno if anyone mentioned this yet but where should we all meet up before the show.

Not sure but we'll most likely meet at the venue. People are still traveling from Los Angeles or farther out and will take time to get to the venue, plus after all that traveling, they might want to finally eat or rest or check in their hotel's .

Which reminds me as soon as we get to SF. I plan to check-in to my hotel, get some grub and some rest till the show after the long trip from L.A.

Holy shit, you guys.

4 DAYS!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

SOON

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."