Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2017, 19:27

Woah, this video has ninety two million views. I didn't realise it was that big.

It was a pretty big single in the UK. My friends would all recognise it if it was played in a club, which I'm pretty sure I have heard it in the last few years.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

^ I was listening to that very upload recently when I mentioned that the Life of Galileo opening/closing music reminded me of Elegia. I'm so familiar with the Low Life version that hearing this long version always surprises me a little. One of the few worthwhile rarities from the Retro box set.

I'm currently listening to the new Arcade Fire album. Leaked last night/ this morning.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Towa Tei & Bebel Gilberto - Technova (La Em Copacabana)

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 22, 2017, 10:17

I'm currently listening to the new Arcade Fire album. Leaked last night/ this morning.

I'm very, very much enjoying it. Had no idea Bangalter was involved (not sure I can honestly tell) but I'm really digging the whole vibe on the ablum.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2017, 14:26

I'm very, very much enjoying it. Had no idea Bangalter was involved (not sure I can honestly tell) but I'm really digging the whole vibe on the ablum.

The credits (for the vinyl) are on Discogs now. Although Bangalter gets a couple of mentions (programming: track B3, synths: track A2), it's not clear how many tracks he produced. Listening to the guitars on Chemisty though, I thought they sounded a bit "Robot Rock" before I realised Bangalter was involved.

Everything Now sounds absolutely like a follow up to Reflektor - but not quite as exciting. Reflektor felt like a real adventure as the band discovered the rhythm devine and new songwriting directions.
EN again features synths and grooves in places, again it has reggae dancehall touches, and again it eschews much of the bombast of yore. But it doesn't feel as fresh or as new as Reflektor.

Song wise, there isn't much here that's as good as, or better than than the singles (mind you I didn't/don't like Signs of Life much, the "do it again" bit brings to mind Robbie Williams' "Love Light"). The one exception being We Don't Deserve Love which is a beauty. 
I'm not saying it's a bad album, it's quite enjoyable. I just don't think it's an improvement on the last one. 7.5 out of ten perhaps.

Incidentally I've chosen to tack on "I Give You Power" as a 'bonus track' at the end, but it might fit better somewhere in the middle. I think it's better than Good God Damn or Put Your Money On Me.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

From American Gods S01E08:

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 29, 2017, 19:58

From American Gods S01E08:

Very cool track. I admit I was drawn in by the featured artists, but they are barely featured!

On a side note, I'm mad at myself for missing out on the Garbage/Blondie tour date last week.

Re: Arcade Fire,

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 23, 2017, 17:29

(mind you I didn't/don't like Signs of Life much, the "do it again" bit brings to mind Robbie Williams' "Love Light").
This review from Clash Magazine issued today says:
The lacklustre lame funk of 'Signs Of Life' — which leans more towards Robbie Williams's 'Rudebox' than Blondie's 'Rapture'
Rudebox is the album that LoveLight is on. It's almost as though they read my comments! Maybe I need to become a reviewer. Unlike me however, this guy didn't like the album at all.

But that's nothing compared to this review from the Quietus. Reviewer lady keeps calling Win Butler "creepy". An absolute bitch-fest of a review.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I truly think this is one of the best songs ever created, on the level of some of the best tracks from Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin.

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2017, 19:27
Woah, this video has ninety two million views. I didn't realise it was that big.

I was gonna comment on this..but then I got high.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

This was actually the other new track Cut Copy performed live as well as Airborne when I saw them recently. Everyone was grooving to this one more than Airborne out of the 2 new tracks they played.

I hope I bump into Dan again so I can tell him I've working on some music again myself.

I bought the new Arcade Fire album as i like the whole vibe and all the producers they've work with like even Geoff Barrow as well as Thomas Bangalter. Love the intro and ending, you can kind of tell where Thomas has left his mark throughout the album. The lyrics for tracks like Creature Comfort are confronting but are pretty today's generation like Everything Now. I like the artwork too done by the street artist JR.
Last Edit: Aug 13, 2017, 12:47 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Tom Rowlands' chum, Shock Machine has finally released his album today, and he's put the whole thing on Youtube. The words Tame Impala, Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve, Beach Boys and of course Klaxons spring to mind. I like it.
I presume those are the vineyards of the south of France in the first few minutes (supermarket is defenitely French). At one point I'm reminded of the Star Guitar video. Perhaps that's just my 'primed' Chemical fan mind at work...

IT'S MORNING TIME!