Your Love Is Lifting Me

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, this is where I poke my head out for the first time in a couple years and ask: "Weekend 2: who's going?"

Quote from: Darkstar on Jan 11, 2023, 17:50
Ok, this is where I poke my head out for the first time in a couple years and ask: "Weekend 2: who's going?"

Hey Dark! Welcome back! That band 'who shall not be naned' is nowhere near the polo fields this time around, and their foul stench that was left on the grass has been aired out just in time for our saviors to take us up for the rapture!

Weekend 2....COUNT ME IN!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Im seriously tempted but need to see a bit of a critical mass of folks whose company I enjoy (e.g. you lot) join in for me to take the plunge. I think.

Heads up everybody doing the presale ( from the Coachella website)

'Our ticketing platform is now powered exclusively by AXS'

https://www.coachella.com/festival-info/

Once you go to the page, you'll see this:

'Create an AXS Coachella Fan account now or update your current AXS information HERE'

Click on the word 'HERE' and it will take you this page:

To login this page, just use the same AXS account that you have already. I tried it already and it works for both.

I'm assuming this page might be used to order the tickets on Friday!

Just be sure your AXS account is ready to go: address, credit card info, etc!

Please call your credit card company at least an hour before the pre-sale. Let them know your doing a online purchase and you don't want any hiccups or fraud alerts, or declines. Better safe than sorry.

And if possible, login into your AXS minutes prior to the presale. This also might save you another login if you are asked during the presale!

The point of this post is this! I'm really hoping that our AXS accounts will pre-fill the info needed to buy the tickets (billing info, CC number ,etc)  and save some time checking out without problems. (EDIT : AXS will not pre-fill account info once you get to the presale screen! Maybe use a Chrome extension to autofill your details might work.) I just want to be in and out of there!  Please prepare yourselves, get up early, drink some coffee, or have some friends help you or use multiple devices to get tickets.  I will NOT use my mobile device to order my tickets. Laptop or desktop is better because of typing and screen size.

I don't want any of you to lose your chance in getting tickets. Weekend 2 is what I'm shooting for!

Best of luck to all of you!
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2023, 22:42 by inchemwetrust

Never thought I'd consider going to Coachella (getting too old, don't like the heat, etc.) but Chems & Underworld (& Gorillaz, Bjork, Chromeo, Remi Wolf, FKJ, Sasha & Digweed...) is probably the most tempting it will get.

I'm in the same boat as Darkstar. Will highly consider if it seems like a big forum event. But preference will be to find somewhere nearby (?) to stay and rent a car or something to peace out each night.
Is there realistically enough time to get the gang on board before all the tickets go on general sale??
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Well...I guess if people are talking about weekend two, I'll start looking into weekend two.

And the fact that Despacio (James Murphy and 2ManyDjs) is all weekend...

Same as Enjoyed in terms of staying off-site and renting vehicles.
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2023, 18:37 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

We
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 12, 2023, 15:34
Is there realistically enough time to get the gang on board before all the tickets go on general sale??

Yes, but for weekend 2.

Tickets might be reportedly be "sold out" or "unavailable" come this weekend. This is just headline fodder to create buzz.  History has shown that resale market gets flooded with passes from people who have changed their mind. They're plentiful and sometimes cheaper than original sale price, especially for weekend 2. 

If you know for sure you're going, no problem in buying your pass right away. Otherwise for those on the fence, I would say you have time and probably better off waiting.

I think the hardest part would be to secure any type of reasonably priced accommodations. I have tent camp this festival twice, and it wasn't that bad, but that was in my early 20's... obviously, not doing that again.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 12, 2023, 15:34
I'm not sure tbh!

If the presale announcement was made earlier in advance, maybe more time would be given for us to think it over and see who's going. But since the announcement was 2 days ago, it's going to be a rush to make a quick decision.

But when I went to Portola in SF and saw the Chems, I knew there was a great chance for them to come to Indio because of all the hype and the reviews after the show.

Since late December, I've been checking the Coachella website to see if the announcement would pop up, and if it did, I knew 100 percent that the Chems would be on it.

Now the clock is ticking,...

Register here for presale
https://coachella.com

Last Edit: Jan 13, 2023, 07:10 by inchemwetrust

Seeing as some of you are basing your decisions on others, my plan is I think I'm going to hold off making any decision of attending Coachella until the first weekend of February 3rd - 5th. I think at that point we'll have a better view on whether or not The Chemical Brothers (or Underworld) have posted any additional American tour dates while here in April.

In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye out for some rentals for weekend 2 of Coachella.

Just to throw this in - weekend 1 is almost sold out already off presale so weekend 2 will be far easier to get tickets for later today when the tickets drop.

There's lots of coachella subreddits / forums to ask questions on if you have specific info you want to ask about. Its incredibly expensive across the board, genuinely would be cheaper for anyone on the east coast to just fly to Europe (and get a better crowd too!)
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I think I'm with Bosco about waiting on the decision a little longer. Want to see about other dates, about getting a solid crew from the forum together, and I haven't discussed this at all with my spouse yet - so committing today is out.  But I'm excited to be even considering this and to have the opportunity.

Bummed out the Chems aren't playing Sonar in Barcelona this year as we'll be in Barca and Ibiza around that time - but this might make up for it.

After 30 min of waiting in line, I finally got in! All my AXS info went automatically. The only thing I had to fill out was my security code from CC and thats it! Took me at least one minute to complete the purchase!

Tickets...DONE!
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2023, 09:22 by inchemwetrust

Well...That cost way too much...But I got a 3-day GA w/Shuttle after waiting for an hour (It didn't allow me to select regular GA). @inchemwetrust and I are in.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

@rynostar and I are in! Can't believe this is happening!

$578??? Wtf? Must be not weekend 2 but rather 2 weekends...

Insane. Is Coachella that magical of a festival?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The first year I went, single day tickets cost nearly $80, with fees. I saw Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Ben Harper, and DJ Shadow.

I just saddled a credit card with 15 times that much... (although that was the price of 2 tickets)

I'm a tentative yes for now. Although that could change.

But man--had to wait in the digital line for nearly an hour.
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 08:20 by MadPooter

shockingly, tickets are still available. 

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 13, 2023, 22:35
The first year I went, single day tickets cost nearly $60, with fees. I saw Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Ben Harper, and DJ Shadow.

I just saddled a credit card with 20 times that much... (although that was the price of 2 tickets)

Yep! And look how far we come now? In 5 years time, we could see 3 days passes go for a grand!

And if Goldenvoice had their way, they could charge for parking for $$$ !per vehicle....per day!

I miss single day passes when you can just come to Indio and see the Chems and head out when the night is done. Now we got tracking wristbands, smartphones blocking the view, lineup conflicts where 2 of your favorite bands/ singers are performing at the same time and gotta choose one!

Anyways, looking forward to some new material again this time around!

@MadPooter has now joined the group! 

Quote from: shakermaker on Jan 13, 2023, 23:25
shockingly, tickets are still available.
Damn! Tier 2 and 3 are still hanging around! 
Has this ever happened before? 

Did they increase capacity at the fields or what?

Usually in the first week of March, Goldenvoice releases a calendar of all the Coachella acts that have local shows around the Coachella dates. That's usually when artists get the go ahead to start announcing other shows that are on the lineup. All the shows are AEG venues.

I would recommend getting Coachella tickets asap. As the headliners will be a huge draw and the secondary market for tickets will be the most expensive it's been in years.

Coachella is great. Highly recommend it. There's always something interesting to watch and the festival grounds are unrivaled. I know it gets a bad rap for all the influencers and how expensive it is but I think it's worth it. Some of the best crowds I've been in have been at Coachella.