Get Up On It Like This

Theme versions

Started by Csar, Jan 22, 2023, 21:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all.
For those interested, there's now a "dark(er)" theme available via the theme toggle next to the log-out button. It is now represented by a moon/sun symbol. I thought it would be nice to have something like that for when you browse the forum in darker situations, straining your eyes a bit less.
Please log in to view this attachment.

Current version:

NEW !
We Are The Night dark theme

Along with that, if you haven't noticed yet, there's also a "psychedelic" version available that you can switch to if you'd like some change of scenery once in a while.

Alternate Reel (Currently available)

April Fools shenanigans

Album #10 release version

Just go to Look and Layout and change the default theme.
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2023, 14:11 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 22, 2023, 21:54
Hi all.
For those interested, there's now a "dark(er)" theme available via the theme toggle next to the log-out button. It is now represented by a moon/sun symbol. I thought it would be nice to have something like that for when you browse the forum in darker situations, straining your eyes a bit less.

Would album centric themes ever be considered? Looking at the moon/night theme made me think of how cool a WATN night theme would be with the stars and mountain motif, all a cool blue

This current theme def does wonders for a night owl like myself, loving the new forum so much!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Glad you like it, @hstn .
That's actually a nice idea! The thing is, though, I only own the first edition of WATN and a promo cd. If anyone could do some higher res scans of the cover/inlay for the re-issued WATN version, I could certainly give it a shot. The images I've found so far are mostly too pixelated and small (because I would probably need to crop it).
Last Edit: Jan 27, 2023, 11:39 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Added We Are the Night dark theme as suggested by @hstn
— Aurora (The Seed)

in use, and it's beautiful

I really appreciate all the work you put into the forum!
Also, WATN is my favourite album artwork so of course I'm using it now  ;D

Once FTBF has run its course with singles and promotion, is it possible to add a choice in Look and Layout for random or rotating themes? They all look great.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Do you mean, every time you click a link to a topic/browse different boards etc. the forum changes its theme? I'm not sure that this is possible, at least with my extremely limited skills. It would also probably cause performance issues, since it would have to load a whole set of individual files each time, as most of the themes have customized styles.
But I can certainly reach out to SMF and ask if it could be done.

Edit: Or do you mean with each login?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 02, 2023, 09:39
Edit: Or do you mean with each login?
I meant one random theme with each logon. I understand the performance issues that would be present with those changes within a session, and also understand this board is not anyone's full time job. Most importantly, I appreciate the work you guys put into it and it looks beautiful as is.

Here is my thought process. There are so many cool options, but I am never going to change it because I always want the current one. But with with a randomized setting, we'd get them all.

It was just a thought for consideration, not a request to make things difficult. :)
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Oct 03, 2023, 21:20
It was just a thought for consideration, not a request to make things difficult. :)
Oh no no, that's not how I took it all!

Quote from: satur8 on Oct 03, 2023, 21:20
I meant one random theme with each logon..
[..]
Here is my thought process. There are so many cool options, but I am never going to change it because I always want the current one. But with with a randomized setting, we'd get them all.
Got it and I love the idea!
I got one response on SMF but I cannot seem to make entirely sense out of it right now as I'm not very experienced in php. The essential concept doesn't seem that complicated (randomize themes with each logon) but how to translate that into php language is a bit of a question mark to me at the moment.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Very ghoulish looking today! 
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Splendid job Dressing the site up for Halloween 👻🎃

I guess we're all the chembase teams children now.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

appreciate the effort put together for the new holiday theme! keeping the forum fresh! @Csar / @Explud 

Candy cane stripe FTBF album art, clever! @instantreigen 

Lovely how you decorated this place!

Posted it on the gram as well :) 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Can't see chems horse image on any device
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 30, 2023, 14:04
Can't see chems horse image on any device
Ola. Have you been logged in for a long time as usual? If yes, please try hard-refresh by pressing and holding the refresh-arrow or delete your browser cache. Let me know if that worked.

The pic is no horse though, forgot to update the title. It should be the Galvanize anvil.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 30, 2023, 15:36
Ola. Have you been logged in for a long time as usual? If yes, please try hard-refresh by pressing and holding the refresh-arrow or delete your browser cache.

it's the same on my mobile, pc + tablet (last two using opera). just tried edge - which i never use for the forum - but still the pics are missing
no idea, no idea

Ah! I forgot to change the source for the pic. It was still referencing to the test forum which is not public. Thank you so much for catching and reporting it! Never would have been suspicious because I saw it on all devices.
— Aurora (The Seed)