If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

2023/04/18 - Live at WAMU Theatre in Seattle 

Started by rynostar, Feb 14, 2023, 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic
2023/04/18 - Live at WAMU Theatre in Seattle
W/ Overmono (DJ Set)
Doors 7:30pm
SEATTLE PRE-SALE STARTS WED 15 FEBRUARY 2023 @ 10 AM PST (Ticket Link)

Starting this thread as not to overtake the 2023 live thread

I'm also thinking this and the Santa Barbara shows are a better idea than Coachella from a cost view. Especially now that enjoyed, mrs. enjoyed, and pooter are hinting at this show.
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2023, 18:02 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I'm already checking out hotel rooms in Seattle. :D

3 of my friends in the Seattle area are going that I know of--I suspect there will be more!

Really excited about this (and I'll try not to complain about going to Coachella).

Quote from: MadPooter on Feb 14, 2023, 19:10
I'm already checking out hotel rooms in Seattle. :D
Same. Would others be interested in a shared accommodation?

The bus from Vancouver to Seattle is only $30 making it cheap. Heck, the train is only a few dollars more.

And knowing a TPPR encore is likely to happen...
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2023, 19:31 by rynostar

F
 U
   C
    K
      •
       T
        I
        C
         K
          E
           T
           M
            A
             S
              T
               E
                R

But also. YAY!!!

Quote from: urbanhack on Feb 15, 2023, 18:05
Tickets secured!  PDX to Seattle!  LFG!

Same-o!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ditto for Ticketmaster(baters). I was hoping AXS was an option to purchase. There not much better, but they aren't the monopoly.

Ditto for Ticket secured. YVR to SEA! Here we go! and just cause this was on the Overmono Fabric mix...

Reading the wiki page for WaMu, it sounds like it used to be a bad venue, but it got improvements:
The Event Center had previously been called "the worst venue in town" for concerts, but in 2006, AEG Live and First & Goal formed a partnership to create a new theater within the Event Center space. Washington Mutual (WaMu) obtained the naming rights to the new theater in a 10-year deal, calling it the WaMu Theater.[194] The theater space can be assembled on an as-needed basis within the building and equipment, including the 104-foot (32 m) wide stage, can be dismantled and stored in the stadium. The theater's acoustics were improved by installing panels on the ceiling and a large curtain. Depending on the seating configuration, the capacity can be 3,300, 4,000, or 7,000.
My guess is the GA configuration is being used (7,000 on wiki, 7,200 on WAMU site). Here is a link to the GA booking site that includes a 360 view. Sound wise, might not be great. Energy wise, might be great.

Also, the whole area has a strict clear bag only policy. There is a locker service immediately outside the venue. Used it when going to a Mariners game last year.

Definitely considering attending!
Imma see how fat my paycheck is gonna be, first, but I am in discussions with the family for a gameplan.
but (if it ain't sold out by tomorrow) there's an 80% chance Imma be going  ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 14, 2023, 19:16
Would others be interested in a shared accommodation?

Yes, I would. If there's anything in the works, please keep me in the loop.

I'd also welcome any tips about Seattle. I have never been to the Pacific Northwest so I don't know what to really expect or what to plan for. Is there any moderately close outdoorsy stuff (hiking) without a car?

You've mentioned a Mariners game in the other thread, and I would be probably up for that. I bet the Seattle Kraken make NHL playoffs for first time, and that could be fun to be in town for too.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 17, 2023, 07:57
I'd also welcome any tips about Seattle. I have never been to the Pacific Northwest so I don't know what to really expect or what to plan for. Is there any moderately close outdoorsy stuff (hiking) without a car?

You've mentioned a Mariners game in the other thread, and I would be probably up for that. I bet the Seattle Kraken make NHL playoffs for first time, and that could be fun to be in town for too.
If you want close nature hiking, I'd tell you to come back with me to Vancouver. You literally can take a 30-minute public transit bus to the mountains and hike for days. Don't know about hiking in Seattle are though. I want to hit record shops, vintage game shops, and make it to Cannon (amazing cocktails) if possible.

The Mariners play the Monday evening and the Wednesday afternoon as well. Depending on when people leave, I'm thinking the Wednesday game is an option before I catch a bus or train back to Vancouver. As for the Kraken making the playoffs, that will make the town have insane energy. Last games of regular season are April 13th. It's usually 5 days later that first games of post-season start. That would mean Game 1 may be happening the same night. Thankfully climate pledge arena is opposite side of downtown from the stadium area where WAMU is. 

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 17, 2023, 18:20
I want to hit record shops
Got any hot recommendations? Places with a big CD selection preferred!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 17, 2023, 07:57
Not so much a hike, but I love walked around Green Lake.
There's also Olympic National Park near (ish) by, but the most direct route is via a ferry and then you'd probably need to get another bus after that to really get into the thick of it.

There's lots in the very walkable city of Portland though...  ;)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 17, 2023, 18:20
If you want close nature hiking, I'd tell you to come back with me to Vancouver. You literally can take a 30-minute public transit bus to the mountains and hike for days.
Man that would be fantastic, and just visiting Canada in general, I've never been! The closest I was to Canada was when I was at Whitefish Point Northern-Michigan and hit with an international roaming charge on my cellphone.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Passport. So this isn't possible right now. Hopefully in the future.
Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 17, 2023, 20:40
There's lots in the very walkable city of Portland though...  ;)

Haha! Might happen! Amtrak Empire Builder line runs to both Portland and Seattle, to-and-from Chicago. A lot of fun possibilities and first time experiences to be had!

Oh! and I just realized main Twin Peaks filming locations aren't too far from Seattle. A lot to look into!

Tickets ordered, and Email secured.
Mommasuper will not be attending sadly, due to a program she's volunteering on...

But my stepdad, ned, is curious. his exact words "how would you feel if this boomer tagged along for a field trip to Seattle?"

In other words... Seattle, We'll see you there!!! :music
Last Edit: Feb 18, 2023, 22:32 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Bainbridge Island
  • Twede's Cafe (aka "Double R" Diner)
  • Snoqualime Falls (iconic Twin Peaks intro waterfall)

anybody do any of these? It seems to be manageable with in a 2-3 day visit to Seattle area. Would require a rental car though, that's why I'm seeking any experiences before I go that route...

Tickets secured and hotel booked for me and my wife! Flights next but we have the important stuff  :music

Aiming to land in Seattle late afternoon Monday, and leave early Wednesday. We'll see you there!

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Feb 23, 2023, 16:53
Tickets secured and hotel booked for me and my wife! Flights next but we have the important stuff  :music

Aiming to land in Seattle late afternoon Monday, and leave early Wednesday. We'll see you there!

So our list of those currently confirmed (subject to change) to Seattle is up to 7 forum members as follows:
urbanhack
MadPooter
Enjoyed
Bosco
Conn6orsuper117
Rynostar
actionjackson780
edit / update: mesamm

Obviously there is more for +1s but I don't want to improperly speak for anyone else.

I'm getting more hyped everyday for this show and we're just under two months away.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2023, 15:40 by rynostar

So if anyone from the Chems merch/touring team is paying attention to the forum, please consider a limited print to honor the show in Seattle like you did with San Francisco/Portola. There's a couple iconic landmarks that could be photoshopped with a character, whether it's the majestic Mt. Rainier or The Space Needle, please consider it.

(Mt. Rainier from The Space Needle)
https://twitter.com/ismtrainierout/status/1629197509531942913

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 24, 2023, 19:43
There's a couple iconic landmarks that could be photoshopped with a character, whether it's the majestic Mt. Rainier or The Space Frasier-opening-credits Needle, please consider it.

How about a picture of Kurt Cobain with a shotgun in his mouth and the words "No Reason To Live" printed underneath? On a plaid T-shirt.
Too edgy?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)