For That Beautiful Feeling

No Reason

Started by Joslyn, Feb 17, 2023, 07:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 06, 2023, 22:18
Yes, but sometimes you work with a contract that says "don't talk about the product until it is released". Also i don't think you produce a music video half a year before it's release. And even if you filmed everything, you usualy don't need 5-6 months in post production - so what could be the point in waiting so long for a release? That's why i thought it could have been the filming for the visuals.
Well, if the album is not going to be released for another 6 months because of whatever technical or artistic reason but you know it will be eventually and then you're good to go once you're done fine-tuning . Also, scheduling might be a part of that reasoning if e.g. they want a certain director or producer for their video.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 06, 2023, 22:18
Yes, but sometimes you work with a contract that says "don't talk about the product until it is released". Also i don't think you produce a music video half a year before it's release. And even if you filmed everything, you usualy don't need 5-6 months in post production - so what could be the point in waiting so long for a release? That's why i thought it could have been the filming for the visuals.
Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 06, 2023, 19:11
They were playing it live with visuals long before September 2022 though

To be fair Eve Of Destruction was played only as a visual a month before it was released officially as a video, let alone a single.

May 11th 2019 (The video would release on June 10th 2019)

Aurora's visual appeared before any of the Tokusatsu visuals were filmed in 2018 during an interlude too!

June 13th 2018 (There's also behind the scenes pictures on Esther Rouah's IG, I'm assuming Nene's scrapped visuals were filmed around this time too)

So who knows maybe this will be the case for No Reason? The visuals seemed just as captivating live, but who knows with COVID restrictions and whatnot the ability to do productions as grand as the 2018-2019 visuals would've been more tough this time around which may explain delays too

(sidenote...this should've been the case for Keep On's visuals too)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Finally, it's announced. No Reason March 17th. Can't wait.
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2023, 13:50 by Csar

Last Edit: Mar 09, 2023, 12:18 by Csar
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Nice little something to get in our emails today. However, very cryptic as it doesn't say the name of the track or go into much detail. Teasing us a bit. 

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 19, 2023, 14:18
I reckon it's still possible this thing will end up in RSD '23. And I'd bet 50p that we still get a digital release before that.

Someone owes me 50p, I don't know who!
So, the digital release confirmed for 17th March. And...

Quote from: instantreigen on Mar 05, 2023, 18:01
I did some internet dumpster diving today and found this site right here: https://www.rockserwis.pl/products/230881

It says that No Reason will be released on April 28th, after RSD.

...vinyl release looking like 28th of April (if not the 22nd for RSD).

Next up: more speculation on the 12". In Instant's link above it's described as a 12" EP. I'm not sure if we should read anything into EP, beyond there being a B-side...

I'm guessing we'll get album info on the day of No Reason's release. And I bet (a pound!) it isn't as far away as September. I'm still thinking spring (pre-June).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Was anyone at Ed Banger at the weekend and heard Annie Mac mix it with Kendrick Lamar's DNA?

An EP release would be an unexpected twist, though I have to believe this is probably the case:

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 08, 2023, 15:36
I'm not sure if we should read anything into EP, beyond there being a B-side...

"All of a Sudden" sounds like it could be the B-side to me. It sounds like an EBW and this could be their way of getting it on wax instead of its own release . Think, Free Yourself/MAH 's (EBW12) release.

"Feel's like I'm Dreaming", is definitely clubby too, and the version we have heard potentially could be its EBW or alternate version. But I get the feeling it's reserved for a future release. There has to be more vocals to the track seeing as Ellie Rowsell is featured (according to publishing sites). My guess is this is something for the new album and potentially it's own future single.

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 08, 2023, 20:23
An EP release would be an unexpected twist, though I have to believe this is probably the case:

"All of a Sudden" sounds like it could be the B-side to me. It sounds like an EBW and this could be their way of getting it on wax instead of its own release . Think, Free Yourself/MAH 's (EBW12) release.

"Feel's like I'm Dreaming", is definitely clubby too, and the version we have heard potentially could be its EBW or alternate version. But I get the feeling it's reserved for a future release. There has to be more vocals to the track seeing as Ellie Rowsell is featured (according to publishing sites). My guess is this is something for the new album and potentially it's own future single.

I feel like Dreaming would make more sense as a b-side especially with how it was played live with No Reason, either that or maybe there's a single version and an EBW version

On the subject of Dreaming it would be interesting if they did with that what they did with Hoops having a radically different album mix from the more upbeat EBW version they usually play live
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 08, 2023, 20:23

agreed on all of a sudden as b side

Dreaming will be a single

Quote from: elcomplicado on Mar 08, 2023, 15:47
Was anyone at Ed Banger at the weekend and heard Annie Mac mix it with Kendrick Lamar's DNA?
Thats crazy - i saw the clip on instagram but it didn't have any DNA in it.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Mar 08, 2023, 14:30
Nice little something to get in our emails today. However, very cryptic as it doesn't say the name of the track or go into much detail. Teasing us a bit.
Its called 'No Reason', its been registered as a trademark kind of thing on this database called Sacem.

https://TheChemicalBrothers.lnk.to/ComingSoon

Please log in to view this attachment.

📷 Photo by Flatnosegeorge
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2023, 14:51 by Csar

Why you got to do that to us Errol. Tease us with things we don't know about yet. Keep it up! 

Hope to see you in Seattle.

So do we start speculating about a video more now? 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Seems pretty plausible now, given that pdf that Instareigen found from an assistant director named Ffion Kunz.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Did an image search. 

Title = No Reason Dancer
Date Taken = February 24 2023 1:10PM
Location = Somewhere around Kingsgate / Margate area east of London

Not much, but interesting as the marketing hype machine keeps rolling.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: instantreigen on Mar 05, 2023, 18:11
I think there will be a music video as well - see line 11 in the PDF I found online

Please log in to view this attachment.
A bit off topic, but for french speakers, someone named "Ffion" is pretty funny, since "fion" is slang for butt.

As this is the original thread for No Reason, I think this is the one that should be pinned, not the other one.
Or else merge 'em.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

An EP is most likely to be a collection of remixes in this day and age, no?

Any hot predictions (or out-there wishes) for who might be doing one?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Mar 09, 2023, 21:26
An EP is most likely to be a collection of remixes in this day and age, no?

Any hot predictions (or out-there wishes) for who might be doing one?
Usually the remixes come a bit later I feel?

Erol Alkan and Avalanches probably fair guesses. Overmono maybe too given they are supporting the US dates (would LOVE to see this)

Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 08, 2023, 22:43
Thats crazy - i saw the clip on instagram but it didn't have any DNA in it.
Its called 'No Reason', its been registered as a trademark kind of thing on this database called Sacem.
I'll try and share a clip I took. It was a good way to sort of get the crowd hooked into it.