K+D+B Is Godlike

2023 Live Shows

Started by Csar, Oct 15, 2022, 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 14, 2023, 17:26
Overmono is a great support too - shame they aren't live! Saw them 3 times last year, killed it everytime.
It's nice to see Tom & Ed playing with Tom & Ed.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Enjoyed on Oct 31, 2022, 09:50
I can't think of an appropriate venue they'd play here. Edgefield? Maybe? No idea where they'd play in Seattle that would make sense for them.
Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to see them in my backyard, but I think Portola is the closest we'll get for quite some time.

So tell us about the WaMu theatre

Quote from: gfa2001 on Feb 14, 2023, 10:18
and the album won't even be out before the festival (I heard October).
Heard from where/whom?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 14, 2023, 18:26
Jumping ahead of @Enjoyed. Haven't been to a show at WAMU myself, but know that it's in the same complex as Lumin Field where the Seahawks play and next door to T-Mobile Park where the Mariners play. Just checked and see that the Mariners play that same night (versus the milwaukee brewers). Area is going to busy that night. Heck, the Mariners game starts at 6:40 and have tix for $10 right now. Could see the first half innings and walk across the street to see Tom and Ed x2.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Lol. Never heard of it until now. And yea, as Ryno said, bang in the middle of the two sports stadiums!

Either way, myself and Mrs Enjoyed will be in attendance. I've already promised her I'll take her to Dick's Drive-In (not a euphemism) and I might see if my favourite little Himalayan curry spot is still around!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: rynostar on Feb 14, 2023, 17:37
It's nice to see Tom & Ed playing with Tom & Ed.
haha i didn't even clock that lol
Heard from where/whom?
another general music forum, very regular poster on it but don't hold it to much. At the moment thats about the earliest it could realistically be based off the lack of singles still!

Heard good things about Wamu ^^
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Seems weird to me that they would play a bunch of couple of non-festival dates without a new album and associated merch to promote/sell, but hey what do I know?

Speaking of "what-do-I-know?", I noticed New Order announced some more USA dates recently, and they had a 'pre-sale' with a code TRUEFAITH23 or something. Now I see there's a 'pre-sale' for this Washington gig, with a code PUSHTHEBUTTON. In the case of the New Order gigs, I think most of the tix went in the 'pre-sale'. So I ask: what is the point of the 'pre-sale'? It used to be something that was exclusive to say, American Express cardholders. But if it's exclusive to...everyone, then there's not much point in buying tickets in the regular 'sale', considering they all get snapped up in the 'pre-sale'. The term 'pre-sale' is surely an oxymoron.

Or to put it another way: what bollocks is this?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Feb 14, 2023, 19:13
Seems weird to me that they would play a bunch of couple of non-festival dates without a new album and associated merch to promote/sell, but hey what do I know?

You haven't heard about their upcoming Erection E.P., including 3 non-album tracks (with track 3 beeing the studio-version of Superflash), 1 new track that later this year will be on XDUST12, 1 remix of the second of the three non-album tracks by Akufen and a live-recording of Snow/Surface from Rockhall/Luxembourg?
no idea, no idea

my heart jumped so much when I opened my email and saw the email subject of "More U.S. live dates from the Chemical Brothers"!!!

you hit the nail on the head. it's a ridiculous ritual that the industry has gotten into. the passwords are often readily available or easily guessable. it makes very little sense any more. some stadium level shows have so many pre-sales it's absurd.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 14, 2023, 20:42
You haven't heard about their upcoming Erection E.P., including 3 non-album tracks (with track 3 beeing the studio-version of Superflash), 1 new track that later this year will be on XDUST12, 1 remix of the second of the three non-album tracks by Akufen and a live-recording of Snow/Surface from Rockhall/Luxembourg?
You totally forgot to mention the bonus track download for Hot Acid Rhythm 2 for the LP version !!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Speaking of "what-do-I-know?", I noticed New Order announced some more USA dates recently, and they had a 'pre-sale' with a code TRUEFAITH23 or something. Now I see there's a 'pre-sale' for this Washington gig, with a code PUSHTHEBUTTON. In the case of the New Order gigs, I think most of the tix went in the 'pre-sale'. So I ask: what is the point of the 'pre-sale'? It used to be something that was exclusive to say, American Express cardholders. But if it's exclusive to...everyone, then there's not much point in buying tickets in the regular 'sale', considering they all get snapped up in the 'pre-sale'. The term 'pre-sale' is surely an oxymoron.

Theres no way this album is coming out in less than 2 months - could be announced sure but out? very unlikely unless its a shock release (which older acts very rarely/never do)

Presales are just to create hype and FOMO i think - when the presale 'sells out' in 10 mins, people rush to buy in the general sale

Quote from: Csar on Feb 14, 2023, 23:31
You totally forgot to mention the bonus track download for Hot Acid Rhythm 2 for the LP version !!!
HAR2 was on the japanese version of TDTYF
no idea, no idea

As far as I remember both the tour for Born in the Echoes in 2015 and No Geography in 2019 had their first shows without the album available. It was already announced howevery which is why I expect an announcement/first single until March 25th.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

If they not play denmark, i'll write a letter to them.

no idea, no idea

I'm calling it Snow/Surface To Air is back
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Or maybe it's the visuals used for another song.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 16, 2023, 22:51
Or maybe it's the visuals used for another song.
let me DREAMMM  ;D
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I hope your dreams will come true ;)

I still fondly remember seeing Snow/STA at Ally Pally. So amazing!

Anyone heard anything about Glastonbury?

No space for their regular Other stage slot (and a bit soon too), hoping they come and do their DJ set that fell through.