No Geography

Sports !

Started by Ben_j, Oct 13, 2015, 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Messi is coming to the US for MLS!   You heard it here first!

Doing the Beckham?
no idea, no idea

Cool handoff for Paris 2024. You guys got me pumped! If they pull off the beach volleyball in front of the Eiffel Tower that will be pretty dang neat.

Any rumors who's gonna produce some of the ceremony stuff? Michel Gondry? Anthony Gonzalez (m83)? Jean Michel Jarre, the inevitable return of Daft Punk?

My team, Cloud9, just upset the 1st seed in the summer playoffs to guarantee a spot at the World Championships - which are being held in North America this year.

So. Freakin'. Hyped.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Thesouphead on Aug 06, 2021, 17:21

Messi is coming to the US for MLS!   You heard it here first!
This did not age well

So, did anyone watch rugby today?

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 11, 2023, 18:28
So, did anyone watch rugby today?
Yup

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Victor Wembanyama, welcome to the NBA

Also, Nikola Jokic impressively conquering the NBA playoffs this year and bringing the Denver Nuggets their first title. Arguably, the best player in the NBA right now.

Basketball becoming quite the global game. You guys feeling the hype like we do over here?

Rugby World Cup starting today with the best game we could have dreamed of, France - All Blacks! I hope we win this WC at home, I think we have the team for that.

Here I can feel the excitement building up. All bars are prepping up, lots of fans everywhere, many shops with decorations related to the french team (a pharmacy, even).. 

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 08, 2023, 12:31
Rugby World Cup starting today with the best game we could have dreamed of, France - All Blacks! I hope we win this WC at home, I think we have the team for that.

Here I can feel the excitement building up. All bars are prepping up, lots of fans everywhere, many shops with decorations related to the french team (a pharmacy, even)..
Anyone following the Rugby World Cup besides BenJ and I?
If not, you're missing out on some very slick rugby. Much less stop-start than say, American Football.
Anyway, hard luck to hosts France, knocked out by the narrowest of margins tonight against South Africa. Now you know how it (kinda) felt to be Ireland last night.
At the final whistle you sit there thinking: how did we lose that??

I noticed that they use a bit of Freddie Mercury's Live Aid performance over the PA (and I believe they did at the last World Cup too, although I don't remember it).

IT'S MORNING TIME!