Listen to Your Heart

2023 Live Shows

Started by Csar, Oct 15, 2022, 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic
Did anybody find any cool clips from Best Kept Secret festival? I'm still waiting for a full recording of the two new tracks to surface.

It looks like there will be 30 minutes of TV coverage for next weeks Isle Of Wight show: https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/5150249/83679018/isle-of-wight-festival-2023

I won't be able to watch since one of my best friends is having his wedding-eve-party that day (also, I think the coverage is restrected to the UK, so even if I were home that evening I probably wouldn't be able to watch it), so I hopefully some of the tech wizards here can catch it.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 11, 2023, 08:30
Did anybody find any cool clips from Best Kept Secret festival? I'm still waiting for a full recording of the two new tracks to surface.

It looks like there will be 30 minutes of TV coverage for next weeks Isle Of Wight show: https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/5150249/83679018/isle-of-wight-festival-2023

I won't be able to watch since one of my best friends is having his wedding-eve-party that day (also, I think the coverage is restrected to the UK, so even if I were home that evening I probably wouldn't be able to watch it), so I hopefully some of the tech wizards here can catch it.

Seems it will be a best bits clip kind of thing given its 30 mins long and starts as the set finishes. Bit weird, unfortunately can't record it myself, don't have SkyArts! I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has it to be honest, its expensive and niche
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jun 11, 2023, 18:34
Bit weird, unfortunately can't record it myself, don't have SkyArts! I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who has it to be honest, its expensive and niche
I don't have the equipment to record it, but Sky Arts is no longer expensive and niche. In September 2020 it was made available free to view on Freeview and Freesat in the UK. Click.
You may need to do a retune if you haven't done so for a couple of years.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 11, 2023, 19:41
I don't have the equipment to record it, but Sky Arts is no longer expensive and niche. In September 2020 it was made available free to view on Freeview and Freesat in the UK. Click.
You may need to do a retune if you haven't done so for a couple of years.
Oh awesome! well i'm sure someone will grab it then :) 

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

The user "TurtleTours" on the Discord server (not sure if they're also here on the forum?) recorded it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i58pvwhk61q9y0g/IOW%2023_Chems.mp4?dl=0

The actual footage from the festival show is only three songs (No Reason, Hey Boy Hey Girl, Eve Of Destruction).

Some Isle of Wight footage
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Any idea of stage times tonight in Cork? Trying to work out what time to leave Dublin at and if anyone has any recommendations for parking around Musgrave Park too?
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

AMA Festival in Italy got The Reel: 
Slide 7 here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/_nic_bel_/3143037807648543832/
Slide 26 and 28 here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/marcoveronese_mv/3143034731935651780/

Doesn't look like there were any new songs in the encore. I've often noteced that festivals in Italy get the extended show and wonder why only there? Maybe some regulations there that allow for longer festival slots? 1.5 hours seems to be the usual standard for headliners everywhere else.

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 09, 2023, 13:53
AMA Festival in Italy got The Reel:
Slide 7 here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/_nic_bel_/3143037807648543832/
Slide 26 and 28 here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/marcoveronese_mv/3143034731935651780/

Doesn't look like there were any new songs in the encore. I've often noteced that festivals in Italy get the extended show and wonder why only there? Maybe some regulations there that allow for longer festival slots? 1.5 hours seems to be the usual standard for headliners everywhere else.

There isn't regulations on headline slots haha - acts like Foo Fighters, Bruce Springsteen etc play for 3 hours regularly in and out of Italy

I think its solely to do with how much a festival is willing to pay them - I guess it doesn't really make much financial sense to get them playing for another 10 minutes just so we can get Reel (unfortunately!!)

You're probably right. Some Open-Air venues in residential areas have curfews that limit set times, but festivals are usually a bit remote, so that can't really be the limiting factor.

Hi,  Not sure where best to post this.

This is my first time posting.  I've only seen CB once in NYC 2019.  Dying to see them again.  

Has anyone been to the Corona Festival in Mexico?  It seems like the best bang for your buck with the lineup.  How long do they usually play at festivals?  Would it be better to go to one of the UK dates and see a full show?  I've never travelled internationally for a show.  Any advice or recommendations on how to book, etc. would be very much appreciated!

Quote from: MarilynG on Jul 28, 2023, 20:04
Hi,  Not sure where best to post this.

This is my first time posting.  I've only seen CB once in NYC 2019.  Dying to see them again. 

Has anyone been to the Corona Festival in Mexico?  It seems like the best bang for your buck with the lineup.  How long do they usually play at festivals?  Would it be better to go to one of the UK dates and see a full show?  I've never travelled internationally for a show.  Any advice or recommendations on how to book, etc. would be very much appreciated!
I went to Corona Capital the last time the Chems played. They play for about an hour and a half and it was an amazing experience.  The festival is well run and they have such an amazing line up each year that you are bound to walk away with new artists you didn't know you were missing in your life. 

A couple things to know, it takes place during Mexicos version of "Black Friday" where there is a lot of shopping deals. I'm the US this is the day after Thanksgiving. I mention this because it ends up being more crowded in the city than usual. You can also save some $$ if you go shopping. 

Second, my wife and I upgraded our tix to VIP. It was way worth the price and convenience. The year we went the festival was cashless but you had to activate your card on site so there were long lines to do so. The VIP section has shorter / quicker lines. 

Third, plan time to do things in the city. Mexico City is wonderful in of itself. Lots to see and do from history, culture, etc. I want to go back just to see more of the city. 

Fourth, it's surprising cooler. Plan warmer close for the late afternoon / evening. 

Lastly, I believe you have to take an Uber to get to the festival, there might be buses, but I don't think the train goes to the location. So plan plenty of time to make it there from the downtown area. 

Do it, you won't regret it. One of the best festivals I've ever been to. 

Just booked my train tickets to Cardiff Central, making my Cardiff preparations complete. Can't wait to fight with the ticket machine ;p
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Smith and Lyall have posted what could be a new visual for the live show on their instagram: 

What song might this be for? A new one, or new visuals for an old track? As much as the ISYT visuals fit Dreaming, I'd like to see Dreaming with it's own visuals. Not sure how Dreamy these visuals are, but who knows. Could they be for one of the unheard songs, maybe?

Speaking of, do we think new songs will be added to the setlist right after the album releases? They do have a show the day after, and then none for nearly a month. Maybe during that time they'll add another song or two to the set? Or maybe they'll wait for 2024. This setlist has been used only for 4 or so months, anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it some more time. 

We currently have 4 FTBF songs in the setlist. In the release tour of No Geography, they had five, with a sixth in the encore. If that's anything to base it off of, we might get one more song in the setlist (hopefully replacing S*turate) and another in the encore. Fingers crossed  ::))

My prediction: This is the visual for "Skipping Like A Stone," which will be added to the set in 2024, along with "For That Beautiful Feeling" in the encore. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Skipping Like A Stone has been described as dreamy, but this Images radiates more the vibe of EML Ritual or Free Yourself etc imho.

Attention Polish festival goers: Unfortunately Polish FEST festival has announced that it's been cancelled due to budgetary reasons.

Our festival was in a phase of dynamic growth, with attendance increasing by over 30% each year. Such dynamic development led us to believe that this year would be just as successful. We were looking forward to it, and based on the expected increase in attendance, we planned this year's edition. However, despite the tremendous support from many of our partners and sponsors, this year's crisis in the event and entertainment industry significantly reduced ticket sales, making our projections incorrect. As of today, the number of participants has reached just over 50% of the planned attendance, making it impossible to organize the FEST Festival this year.
https://festfestival.pl/en/

Thanks to Kosek for the heads up.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 07, 2023, 18:23
Skipping Like A Stone has been described as dreamy, but this Images radiates more the vibe of EML Ritual or Free Yourself etc imho.
That's a fair point. But in that case, I can't see which new track it might be. Given the album title, cover, and the titles of each individual song, I can't see which might fit that bill. Perhaps the Harvest Mix of TDTYF puts that spin on it, and they will bring it back to the set? 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Pretty rough for Polish fans... last year it was a last second Covid cancellation. This year the entire festival cancels a week before the date.

Hope they can figure out a show for you peeps sometime soon

Quote from: ; on Aug 07, 2023, 17:27
Smith and Lyall have posted what could be a new visual for the live show on their instagram:

What song might this be for? A new one, or new visuals for an old track? As much as the ISYT visuals fit Dreaming, I'd like to see Dreaming with it's own visuals. Not sure how Dreamy these visuals are, but who knows. Could they be for one of the unheard songs, maybe?

Speaking of, do we think new songs will be added to the setlist right after the album releases? They do have a show the day after, and then none for nearly a month. Maybe during that time they'll add another song or two to the set? Or maybe they'll wait for 2024. This setlist has been used only for 4 or so months, anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it some more time.

We currently have 4 FTBF songs in the setlist. In the release tour of No Geography, they had five, with a sixth in the encore. If that's anything to base it off of, we might get one more song in the setlist (hopefully replacing S*turate) and another in the encore. Fingers crossed  ::))

My prediction: This is the visual for "Skipping Like A Stone," which will be added to the set in 2024, along with "For That Beautiful Feeling" in the encore.
I'd be surprised if nothing is added for the UK Arena run