And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

2015 - Apple Music Festival - Roundhouse - London - September 24th

Started by Bosco, Sep 02, 2015, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic
So earlier today @ChemBros prematurely (presumably) tweeted a link confirming a headlining show on September 24th at the Roundhouse London as a part of the Apple Music Festival. The link also included details that said "streaming live". It is now gone obviously...

Um, egg-cite?

EDIT (...4 hours later):

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/639181064804524032
Last Edit: Feb 25, 2021, 09:13 by Csar

Did you click any of the links when the text sent? Right now t.co/x0Ln9Qe4vt/s/beal brings me to an iTunes download page. I think it's supposed to link to a related Apple Music Festival app but it's not detecting that I have iTunes.

The second link t.co/boMLtACIXw/s/SB55 seems to be a url of the deleted tweet itself.
Never for money, always for love.

OOOOHHH! I've been to some good itunes gigs there in previous years (Primal Scream, Vampire Weekend,  Elbow, Paul Simon, Placebo).
The iTunes Festival used to be every day for a whole month but this year it has been renamed the Apple Music Festival and it's just ten gigs. They already announced four of them (One Direction, Disclosure, Pharrell, Florence & The Machine), but not the rest. Will keep an eye out!

How it works: Once you are logged in to itunes, you need to go to the itunes store and look for the 'festival' banner at the top. Click on the banner to win a pair of tickets (no more). You cannot buy tickets.
You can't really buy tix on the black market either, as you have to bring photo ID that matches the "winning" name for the tickets.
Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015, 20:54 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm away on holiday when this is on and I am very grumpy about it.

You can watch these gigs on live stream incidentally. You can usually watch them back afterwards too on the itunes store/site. And sometimes the whole gig ends up on Youtube:

Tweet is back up.
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/639181064804524032
Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015, 21:19 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Good news! They can do a great video footage from show!
But i don't have itunes and don't want to install it, so i'll wait for rip if the stream will be available.
Hi Kevin!

Yes! awesome news! But i'm going to see them in december, Sonar Buenos Aires... I hope changes in the setlist, everyone will know how the show and I think that's a bummer for some people. I know the Glastonbury's show was transmitted and there was no changes...
Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015, 23:19 by nekoland

Just entered, fingers crossed! Hope they add more UK dates. I guess this date does however decrease the chance of more in London or the south this year!

Have just entered too , . . . i will be so excited if I get to go  ::)
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: ACIDCHILDREN on Sep 03, 2015, 16:15

Just entered, fingers crossed! Hope they add more UK dates. I guess this date does however decrease the chance of more in London or the south this year!
There will be a second tour (an arena tour). This still count as a date in the festival tour

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 04, 2015, 01:07

There will be a second tour (an arena tour). This still count as a date in the festival tour
Yeah. They'll tour in the spring.
Brixton Academy is the only venue I can think of (other than Roundhouse) where they'd have enough space though, which is disappointing. That place is a shit hole. It sounds AWFUL in that hall.
They wouldn't do Wembley or the O2 would they?
I'd LOVE to see them at Koko but it's just not big enough for them.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Yeah, this show is going to bring some major exposure. I have to imagine it will bolster any plans of an arena/ headlining tour leading into next year.

They could even elongate the exposure of 'Born In the Echoes' with a deluxe type B-Side album release.  Include some live videos or sound recordings from the festival circuit they did this summer, BITE era B-sides, official remixes, brief interviews with collaborators, a new DJ mix.  The list could go on...

They could do more U.S. shows as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that won't happen
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you'd think the info on that old "penniless interview" would be completely outdated considering how far electronic music has come in the last 8 years here in America. I think they could tour the US and easily come out in the green.
Never for money, always for love.

It may be a lucrative venture,  but that might not be a priority at their age. I'll be happy with a return to Coachella. Remember, it takes place over two weekends now! So that would be two shows!

MOARRR SHOWSSS!!! MOARRR FUN!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Sep 04, 2015, 02:31

I'm in love with the Koko
I know they played it before as part of Electric Proms, but it's too small really.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 04, 2015, 01:15

Brixton Academy is the only venue I can think of (other than Roundhouse) where they'd have enough space though, which is disappointing. That place is a shit hole. It sounds AWFUL in that hall.
They wouldn't do Wembley or the O2 would they?
I'd LOVE to see them at Koko but it's just not big enough for them.
Brixton Academy is the scene of most of the best gigs of my life. I agree the sound isn't perfect but ugh, try Wembley Arena. It's a soulless aircraft hangar. I'll take Brixton over Wembley any day. Don't want the O2 either.  So much of it is seated -  That's fine when you're going to a Roger-Waters-does-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon gig  (and I have) but  not so great for the Chems.  There is another London option - Alexandra Palace.  Prodigy already played there this year (I was there) and I've seen LCD Soundsytem and a bunch of other people there too. Capacity circa 8000. The fact that I live nearby has NOTHING to do with it!
Quote from: Bosco on Sep 04, 2015, 02:34

Yeah, this show is going to bring some major exposure. I have to imagine it will bolster any plans of an arena/ headlining tour leading into next year.
Do you mean the show that they're touring or the itunes show in particular?  If you mean the itunes show in particular, then I would only partly agree. Lots of artists have played the itunes festival and it does them no harm but I don't think it massively boosts ticket sales.

As regards forthcoming indoor dates, Bestival comes up next weekend. I think after that, the Chems will be free to announce indoor gigs. I still haven't given up hope of UK gigs (other than Apple/itunes) before Christmas.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 04, 2015, 01:07

Is this already confirmed?