Me, You, And Me, Him And Her, And Them Too

2019 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco May 17th

Started by Bosco, Nov 30, 2018, 01:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on May 18, 2019, 07:25

Oh damn, that's terrible. Well, on the bright side, all in all, this is a day you'll never forget. Hope you had a fun tonight, though, and you could meet with the gang after all.

So a connection can be confirmed? Good job my dudes!

We finally found Connor at the end of the show. It made the night complete!

We did it! The show was immaculate!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 18, 2019, 08:15

We finally found Connor at the end of the show. It made the night complete!
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!! Awesome, you guys. Even George is in there, too!
Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:26 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Setlist near as I can tell (didn't take notes during and got super distracted when right as HBHG was starting a dude collapsed right next to us and played fucking dead while people administered mouth to mouth and banged on his chest for a bit before coming out of what the hell ever trip he was on to limp away with aid for some air and recovery).

Go
Free Yourself
Chemical Beats
MAH
EML Ritual
Swoon
Temptation/Star Guitar
Got to Keep On
HBHG
Eve of Destruction
Saturate
No Geography
-
Escape Velocity
EBW 6/Get Up On It Like This
Dig Your Own Hole/Under the Influence
Snow/Surface to Air/Wide Open
Galvanize
C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L/Leave Home/Song to the Siren/Block Rockin' Beats

Got Glint?
Catch Me I'm Falling
The Private Psychedelic Reel (Sympathy For the Devil)

Anyone catch anything else or offer any corrections?

Also, was in Smuggler's Cove about 5:00-5:30. Amoeba before that, Indonesian in the Market after. Made it for all of the Black Madonna's set. Didn't know what we were in for, but enjoyed it. Starting with some Darryl Pandy was a good damned sign.
Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:39 by Crotor

You bastards had Snow/Surface?  :o

Oh, and those posters look great

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 18, 2019, 10:13

You bastards had Snow/Surface?  :o

Nope.
But we did get Star Guitar into Gravity Drops into Got To Keep On, which is now THE best sequence of tracks live. Ever.

Oh. And Hoops. Straight up, EBW-less Hoops.
Fucking bliss.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Crotor on May 18, 2019, 09:27

Anyone catch anything else or offer any corrections?

Sometimes I Feel So Deserted into chemical beats
Wide Open with Don't Think vocal hook
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

First time at this show, they used the Wonders of the Deep robo voice to bridge Catch Me I'm Falling and The Reel. "We neeeeeed each other"
Never for money, always for love.

Everyshow, the crowd was in awe of the EVE visuals.

Dig your own hole piggybacking on UTI! Trying to remember if that also had the 'get up on it like this' vocal? Loved that part!

I was cheering so much I lost my voice this morning. So glad to finally catch everyone at the last second. I was at the front because I got there by 6, the crowd wasn't even a 3rd of its size when black Madonna went up. I managed to get Ed to wave at me during Galvanize:

"Mommasuper" was the one who took the picture. Her favorite song is the reel, I said to her once "catch me" ended, this is why I booked for theater instead of festival, then the reel came on and her eyes lit up.
Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:33 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 18, 2019, 19:28

I was cheering so much I lost my voice this morning. So glad to finally catch everyone at the last second. I was at the front because I got there by 6, the crowd wasn't even a 3rd of its size when black Madonna went up. I managed to get Ed to wave at me ( I can't remember which song so I'll edit this when I see footage on YouTube)

"Mommasuper" was the one who took the picture. Her favorite song is the reel, I said to her once "catch me" ended, this is why I booked for theater instead of festival, then the reel came on and her eyes lit up.

Conn, we were glad we caught you at the last minute. We were mentioning you and trying to get a hold of you when we got to the show. We went looking for your banner and you PF shirt but no luck.

When the chems finished, I was talking with the rest of the forumites when all of a sudden I saw someone holding up a rolled  up bannner and that's when I called out to you.

I'm also glad we met your mom! We definitely welcome you to our brotherhood. You better get use to losing your voice on the next shows because we all had that.

And the next time we meet, you'll be dancing and cheering with all of us together. Once again very proud that you and your mom came to the show!

Ryno and Conn full of Glint!

Dream for the next tour: to get a visa for USA, save money, endure a flight for about 10-11 hours and to finally see you my chemical friends.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 18, 2019, 17:08

First time at this show, they used the Wonders of the Deep robo voice to bridge Catch Me I'm Falling and The Reel. "We neeeeeed each other"

After listening to some of my videos, they also used it in at least The Shrine's Eve of Destruction.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on May 19, 2019, 07:50

After listening to some of my videos, they also used it in at least The Shrine's Eve of Destruction.
And at the Pepsi Center Mexico.

Encore in stellar sound. I'm impressed time and again by what these phones are capable of these days.
Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:50 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

NEEEEEEEEEED to hear Snow/Surface/Wide Open NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Quote from: Csar on May 19, 2019, 08:24

And at the Pepsi Center Mexico.

Encore in stellar sound. I'm impressed time and again by what these phones are capable of these days.

If you look closely at the bottom right corner, you can see my moms phone in the front, during the reel
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

that was fucking spectacular. my 7th time seeing them and probably the best yet. I cannot get enough of the Chemical Brothers live. sigh.

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 18, 2019, 10:13
Oh, and those posters look great

anyone know anything more about these posters? were they sold at the merch booths? I didn't take a look until after the show, and wouldn't have wanted to hold on to one all night anyway, but man they look good.

These posters were not sold at the merch booths. I am thinking that maybe these are specifically for the venue to display in their backstage/lounge/lobby/or VIP areas.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.