Born In the Echoes

Hubie Sounds Chemical Brothers Special, Tue, Aug. 11

Started by Csar, Aug 11, 2015, 20:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Hubie, a former chem's forumite, hosts a Chems special tonight at 9pm UK time.

http://nsbradio.co.uk/content/2015/08/11/hubie-sounds-099-the-chemical-brothers-special/
http://hubiesounds.com/

Web player
http://nsbradio.co.uk/popupradio96k-html5.php

Quote from: Hubie Sounds
To celebrate the recent release of The Chemical Brothers' 8th studio album, Born In The Echoes, tonight I will be dedicating my show to tunes that have influenced the duo's music over the years, as well as tunes that have been influenced by the duo since their inception as The Dust Brothers in the early '90s. It's an 'Under The Influence' special!

Expect to hear loads of classic funk, electro, hip hop, acid house, big beat, breaks and techno, plus a few select gems from the new album too.

Last Edit: Aug 11, 2015, 21:30 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Awesome! I missed this, but I'm looking forward to listening to the replay. I always like Hubie's shows, and mad respect him for doing that FurtherRemixed show in the past.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 12, 2015, 13:37

Awesome! I missed this, but I'm looking forward to listening to the replay. I always like Hubie's shows, and mad respect him for doing that FurtherRemixed show in the past.
I chatted with him last night on his webshow and he said he's going stop by and link the download and stream. He was very surprised and happy that the forum is still in existence since he thought it was gone.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hi everyone.

Firstly, big thanks to Csar for posting this and for making me aware of this forum. I had assumed the old forum and its residents had died during the recent website overhaul. It's good to see everyone's still holding tight ;)

Anyway, sorry for the delay in posting this, I've had quite an eventful week since the broadcast. Here's all the info so you can listen again...

Last week's Chemical Brothers 'Under The Influence' Special is now available to stream and download. Just follow the links below...

Stream Hubie Sounds 099 via Mixcloud

Here's the show track list...

* Willie Hutch – Brother's Gonna Work It Out [Motown]
* The Chemical Brothers – Go (Edge Of Control Dub) [Freestyle Dust]
* The B-Boys – Rock The House [Vintertainment]
* Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force – Planet Rock [Tommy Boy]
* Mantronix – King Of The Beats [S12]
* Young MC – Know How [Delicious]
* Badder Than Evil – Hot Wheels (The Chase) [Buddha]
* My Bloody Valentine – Soon (Andrew Weatherall Mix) [Sony]
* Daniel Avery – Drone Logic [Phantasy]
* Primal Scream – Don't Fight It, Feel It [Creation]
* The Chemical Brothers – Sometimes I Feel So Deserted [Freestyle Dust]
* Renegade Soundwave – Ozone Breakdown [Mute]
* Bomb The Bass – Bug Powder Dust [Island]
* Fatboy Slim Vs. Bassbin Twins – Aaaw Shut Up [Skint]
* The Loops Of Fury – Rack Em [U&A]
* Plump DJs – Gobbstopper [Grand Hotel]
* Mickey Oliver – In-Ten-Si-T (Justin Robertson Edit) [Trax]
* The Chemical Brothers – EML Ritual [Freestyle Dust]
* Hardfloor – Acperience [Harthouse]
* New Order – Temptation [Factory]
* The Chemical Brothers – I'll See You There [Freestyle Dust]
* The Beatles – Tomorrow Never Knows [EMI]
* Selectah – Wede Man (Hoody Mix) [Athletico]

Apologies once again for the delay on this.

For more info, check out hubiesounds.com

Make sure you tune into NSB Radio on Tuesday 25th August at 9pm BST for my 100th show spectacularrr!

Hubie x

Hello, people! I can't download the 099 nor the 015 specials. As a matter of fact, any of the broadcasts, not with chrome, mozilla nor the explorer... The download starts but it stops suddenly after a few minutes. I tried and I tried... Is there another link, mediafire, megaupload? Thank you very much! Greetings to all!
You are all my children now!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Aug 24, 2015, 22:52

Hello, people! I can't download the 099 nor the 015 specials. As a matter of fact, any of the broadcasts, not with chrome, mozilla nor the explorer... The download starts but it stops suddenly after a few minutes. I tried and I tried... Is there another link, mediafire, megaupload? Thank you very much! Greetings to all!
Hm, it works for me. Silly question: did you follow this link?
Or this one for direct download:

I used firefox.
Last Edit: Aug 25, 2015, 17:49 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks Csar :)

Sorry you're having problems, SouthernBrother - the links should work.

If it's cancelling itself during download there might be a problem with the archive server, like heavy traffic maybe. In which case, try again later on.

It might also help if you clear your browser cache (we should all do that fairly regularly in order to keep our browsers running smoothly).

For anyone else who might experience problems downloading... depending on your browser settings, clicking the .mp3 link should open a download dialogue for you to select 'Save'.

If that doesn't work, then try Right-Clicking the link and selecting 'Save Link As'. The download should then begin.

Alternatively, you can stream each show from my Mixcloud: http://mixcloud.com/hubiesounds

Hope that's of some help to you :)

Thank you! Everything's clean, still can't. Anyway, I listened to the streamings. Great shows!!! Tuning in for the 100th! Thank you all very much again!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Aug 25, 2015, 16:49

Thank you! Everything's clean, still can't. Anyway, I listened to the streamings. Great shows!!! Tuning in for the 100th! Thank you all very much again!
Have you installed any blocking apps? Do you use the latest Fox?
I updated the mp3 link since it didn't work as supposed. Maybe you could give it another try.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks, Csar! Yes, we tried laptops, desk computers, and apps in our phones, but it happens just the same. I think it's got something to do with the server in this Southern part of the world. I listened to the shows from mixcloud, no problem with the streaming, but couldn't download it from the links of the radio. I have the 033, with the further remixes (wow). Thanks for your help again!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Aug 26, 2015, 18:24

Thanks, Csar! Yes, we tried laptops, desk computers, and apps in our phones, but it happens just the same. I think it's got something to do with the server in this Southern part of the world. I listened to the shows from mixcloud, no problem with the streaming, but couldn't download it from the links of the radio. I have the 033, with the further remixes (wow). Thanks for your help again!
Sure! But I also suspect that it's got something to do with their server. The direct link I updated and which worked fine the last time around now refers me to the archive site of theirs. Weird. Also, when I downloaded that episode and tried to access other parts of their website at the same time, the site just wouldn't load. If you want that Chems Special, let me know!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hubie - Just got around to listening while doing some work that required focus and time.  I wanted something  familiar yet new to keep me motivated. This hit the mark! Very cool.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?