Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is my early guess on guest artist who is featured on Chemical 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INbphBuXSZ0&list=RDINbphBuXSZ0

(samples Chemical Brothers Nine acre remix)

So obviously this guy is a fan to be digging that deep. Also, it seems he's being followed by The Chemical Brothers on twitter.

I recommend his single "Shine" which was one of my favorite tracks released in late 2016.

Good voice, kind of reminds me of Richard Ashcroft

Edit: and upon more research it looks like Tom and him have worked together before, more on this in another thread
Last Edit: Jan 16, 2018, 00:27 by Bosco

Was accidentally listening to Superflash (Don't Think) which isn't long enough really. Anyway it made me want to listen to Taste by Ride for some reason.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 19, 2018, 19:00

Seconded. Currently listening to this album and loving it!

Actual Sounds + Voices and Autoimmune are my top MBM albums. This one is up there too.

Quote from: neorev on Jan 19, 2018, 19:34

Actual Sounds + Voices and Autoimmune are my top MBM albums. This one is up there too.

At The Center is my favourite, then Actual Sounds. I never got into Autoimmune or Answers Come In Dreams, it felt like he deviated too far away from what I loved about his stuff to begin with - dark, dubby, jazzy breakbeats.
He brought it back with the Test EP though. That shit's great.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 16, 2018, 00:09

Chemical Brothers Nine acre remix
Oh dear goodness what a fantastic peace of ear candy! (This, and the Patrol remix!)
Thank you, I always love stumbling upon new music by the Brothers  ;D

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 19, 2018, 19:50

At The Center is my favourite, then Actual Sounds. I never got into Autoimmune or Answers Come In Dreams, it felt like he deviated too far away from what I loved about his stuff to begin with - dark, dubby, jazzy breakbeats.
He brought it back with the Test EP though. That shit's great.

I wasn't really a fan of Answers Come In Dreams. Felt the songs weren't varied enough and quite similar style to each other. Test EP is old skool, big beat MBM that I love. I am curious which Autoimmune you heard since there are two very different tracklistings released. The Metropolis Records' 14 track CD version is so much better compared to Planet Mu's 10 track CD/vinyl. Some great tracks do not appear on Planet Mu's version. There's different mixes and edits.

For instance, Metropolis Records release gives us "Solid Waste" that features some classic Jack Dangers vocals that's been missing for a while...

Planet Mu:
01 I Hold The Mic!
02 Children Of Earth
03 House Of Unique Stink
04 (Live) And Direct (Live)
05 Less
06 Lonely Soldier
07 Spanish Vocoder
08 Return To Bass
09 Guns 'N' Lovers
10 Hellfire (Remix)

https://www.discogs.com/Meat-Beat-Manifesto-Autoimmune/release/1320352

Metropolis Records:
01 International
02 I Hold The Mic!
03 Hellfire
04 Less
05 Solid Waste
06 Lonely Soldier
07 Children Of Earth
08 Young Cassius
09 Guns N Lovers
10 Return To Bass
11 62 Dub
12 Colors Of Sound
13 Spanish Vocoder
14 International Reprise

https://www.discogs.com/Meat-Beat-Manifesto-Autoimmune/release/1289570

I combined both of them into a single tracklist so no tracks are missing and I use the longer versions of tracks that are duplicates but with different edits. "Children Of Earth" is around 1 minute longer and "Spanish Vocoder" is around 1:30 longer on thr Metropolis CD version while "Less" is around 2 minutes longer and "Hellfire" is remixed on Planet Mu CD. I always wondered if there are folks out there that never heard or realized that this album has two completely different versions and which version is the one they actually heard.
Last Edit: Jan 20, 2018, 02:21 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Jan 19, 2018, 19:34

Seconded. Currently listening to this album and loving it!

I cannot stress how much hearing Storm The Studio for the first time when I was 18 changed how I look at music. 

Darren Emerson (and Digweed & Muir) - Fanfare (Darren Emerson Osaka Rework)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

This could be straight off an Anjunadeep compilation...
Very nice, Mr Transeau.

I was a HUGE Patrick Watson fan back in the day. Saw him support The Cinematic Orchestra and fell in love. His Satie covers are lovely. There's a recorded version of Gnossienne that he put out before Waterproof9 which is fantastic. Talented, talented dude. I just wasn't blown away by anything after Wooden Arms unfortunately.

THIS on the other hand:

I saw them play last weekend. Tonnes of fun. Just 4 people having a blast on stage.

I don't know about Patrick Wilson, but Erik Satie's - Gymnopédie No.1 is magical.

Sticking on the forum's theme of Hot Chocolate, here is Ty Segall's cover of Hot Chocolate's "Everyone's a Winner":

not my favorite cover but Ty's new album is lots of fun, check it out.

have been going jungle and some detroit techno tonight

led by this

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.