Come With Us

For That Beautiful Feeling (XDUST12)

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 27, 2021, 21:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Feb 22, 2023, 05:48
Stephanie Dosen has been fantastic with her work with Chems

Still mad at Robert Del Naja for not releasing the studio version of Red Lights with Stephanie Dosen on microphone

but is she really anything more than a glorified session vocalist?
Counts enough for me. I think she has one of the most beautiful sounding voices since Mazzy Star's Hope Sandoval
no idea, no idea

I probably should've said featuring artists rather than collaborators. Stephanie Dosen has been fantastic with her work with Chems, but is she really anything more than a glorified session vocalist?

And even if we were to count her, she's been almost inactive for nearly 10 years. My guess is her work with the Brothers was completed back during Further and Hanna eras. Her vocals for Taste of Honey probably has been kicking around the studio since those sessions.

Kind of surprised to read she's only got 3 album in her discography, the last two all from 2007, with the last one only being a mini album. She's got a great voice, I concur.

As for the list: I would like to see a collab with the Norwegian musician Silja Sol (former second vocalist at Aurora's band). Her voice is just as good and her tunes are hmmmmm.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My guess is her work with the Brothers was completed back during Further and Hanna eras. Her vocals for Taste of Honey probably has been kicking around the studio since those sessions.

We know that Tom and Ed do recycle some recording elements. Take the K-os Don't Think vocal that was recycled from Get Yourself High. Or the opening wobble wipe synth on We Are The Night originally used in The Sunshine Underground. Could still have unused elements. 
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L., Is Justin Warfield from a longtime ago. (Is this common knowledge?)

Androidgeoff confronted Justin post concert a couple years back and apparently confirmed his vocal. He was unaware of release. I presume this has been around since 97 or when work was done on Not Another Drugstore.

https://twitter.com/Midimatt001/status/1614967705056022528

I missed it when I forst saw that twitt last month: "FLAID" on one of the Machinedrums (and "FLIAD" on the second one). What could it be?
Last Edit: Feb 26, 2023, 18:56 by Csar

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 26, 2023, 17:37
https://twitter.com/Midimatt001/status/1614967705056022528

I missed it when I forst saw that twitt last month: "FLAID" on one of the Machinedrums (and "FLIAD" on the second one). What could it be?
AND
I
FEEL
I
AM
DREAMIN'

;D ;D ;D
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Feb 26, 2023, 21:17
AND
I
FEEL
I
AM
DREAMIN'

;D ;D ;D
How did I not figure that out ? 😬

Random thought of the night: who do you think will direct the music videos for the new tracks? Personnaly, I'd love them to recruit Páraic McGloughlin. His videos for Wevaland Bonobo are incredible.
Spoiler

Promoting newsletter sign-ups with a "what's next from us?" angle makes it feel like a release announcement is imminent!

The same video was posted five days before TDTYF was announced, so No Reason is probably announced next week, hopefully along with the album announcement. 

The last hashtag is #noreason...

And a response in the twitter call out...

Stay tuned for vinyl news soon! - Chemical HQ

Good sign of potential things to come.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 22:04 by rynostar
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Ohhh I didn't even read the Hashtags.
Is that the first confirmation of the next album title?
Straight from No Geography to No Reason ;D

Maybe the (alleged) title is not a nudge towards nihilistic philosophy but a statement that they didn't use Reason during the production of the album?
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 18:13 by Stefan

rumours has it that the new albumtitle will be "fuckin' animals in erics house"
no idea, no idea

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 03, 2023, 17:25
The last hashtag is #noreason...

And a responses in the twitter call out...

Good sign of potential things to come.
good spot missed that!!!!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 03, 2023, 17:30

Maybe the (alleged) title is not a nudge towards nihilistic philosophy but a statement that they didn't use Reason during the production of the album?

Maybe the (alleged) title is not a nudge towards nihilistic philosophy but a statement that they didn't use Reason during the production of the album
double post sorry but surely won't be called No Reason
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

The vinyl news probably hints at the RSD release of No Reason after all then.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 01, 2023, 22:35
Random thought of the night: who do you think will direct the music videos for the new tracks? Personnaly, I'd love them to recruit Páraic McGloughlin. His videos for Wevaland Bonobo are incredible.
Spoiler

Since dreaming doesn't cost a thing, I still dream of Chris Cunningham directing a video for the brothers.
It would be a triumphant return for him.
Just get yourself high.

Quote from: thg on Mar 03, 2023, 19:33
Since dreaming doesn't cost a thing, I still dream of Chris Cunningham directing a video for the brothers.
It would be a triumphant return for him.
I should hope Dreaming does cost a thing so I can buy it when The Chemical Brothers release it!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 03, 2023, 18:41
double post sorry but surely won't be called No Reason
Why not?

@thg Is your avatar/GIF taken from the naughty version of the Free Yourself video?

Straight from No Geography to No Reason

Quote from: gfa2001 on Mar 03, 2023, 18:41
...surely won't be called No Reason

At the Alexandra Palace gig in 2018 they had "Free Yourself" projected on to the outside of the entrance. I was at that one. And someone else here who went to that gig predicted that Free Yourself might be the title of the forthcoming album, not just the the title of the single. Well of course the album had a completely different title when it came out. So I'm just assuming that this NoReason hashtag is a plug for the forthcoming single (next Friday?) and nothing more than that.
EDIT: Hmm, actually the way they list all the album titles does suggest that No Reason follows on from the other albums.

Quote from: Heads on Mar 03, 2023, 18:56
The vinyl news probably hints at the RSD release of No Reason after all then.
Well as per my "bandcamp" post #67 in this thread, No Reason has already been called the "upcoming single" from the Chems. So I think it's just a question of whether the 12" isn't properly listed for RSD yet because (a) they had pressing issues or (b) they were waiting until the track had a proper launch before listing it publically. I'm still leaning towards (b) at the moment.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2023, 20:43 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!